G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by gitem_12

It seems lore like. A man shows up legally drunk, with a firearm and one way or another discharges a round in the direction of the cops..cops return fire.

I see your point but since no one knows when he shot it leave a lot to guess about.

I have killed a lot of cows all with a 22. Never shot one in the gut and never had to use a second shot. Drunk or sober if they had let him do the job they called him to do we would not be having this discussion.

Statement as entered into evidence was that he fired at them first. At this point that is accepted fact

There was also a statement he was grabbed from behind and turned around. If he was ready to shoot, finger on the trigger and jerked around that would account for his shot.

But none of us were there and we will never know what really happened. As you well know four witnesses can tell 20 different accounts of the same incident.

Even so...the totality of the situation, is very likely the reason no charges were brought

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Scroll up and you'll see a very simple explanation for that...and likely something similar happened

And it's usually up to prosecutors to determine whether they fIle charges or not
If the bullet impacted near his feet close enough for him to fall on it, it again casts a LOT of doubt that he was firing at a deputy. Unless you count firing at the ground near their feet. Yeah. Sure.

Prosecutorial discretion - not just for Hillary.

And what If his blood had been transferred to the bullet by a first resonder,(or anyone else) who walked through his and then stepped on the bullet

Lots of cases don't get prosecuted for the same reason as this. I've seen it happen numerous times.

Do you really think a medical examiner, and the state Atty General are going to conspire and perform a cover up...risking their license's for a couple of streel cops?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

It seems lore like. A man shows up legally drunk, with a firearm and one way or another discharges a round in the direction of the cops..cops return fire.

I see your point but since no one knows when he shot it leave a lot to guess about.

I have killed a lot of cows all with a 22. Never shot one in the gut and never had to use a second shot. Drunk or sober if they had let him do the job they called him to do we would not be having this discussion.

Statement as entered into evidence was that he fired at them first. At this point that is accepted fact

There was also a statement he was grabbed from behind and turned around. If he was ready to shoot, finger on the trigger and jerked around that would account for his shot.

But none of us were there and we will never know what really happened. As you well know four witnesses can tell 20 different accounts of the same incident.

Even so...the totality of the situation, is very likely the reason no charges were brought

I think charges were not brought because there is no way to really know what happened let alone prove whaat happened.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Charges weren't brought because the enforcement of law is secondary to protecting the "reputation" of the cops. Just like Hilary, there's a relatively protected class of people in this country, they're above the law in all but the most egregious or publicized events. I'm sick and fu.cking tired of DAs with no will, no balls and no ethics. I thought a jury of our peers was how the accused got justice, not by cronyism and favors from a DA or AG.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Charges weren't brought because the enforcement of law is secondary to protecting the "reputation" of the cops. Just like Hilary, there's a relatively protected class of people in this country, they're above the law in all but the most egregious or publicized events. I'm sick and fu.cking tired of DAs with no will, no balls and no ethics. I thought a jury of our peers was how the accused got justice, not by cronyism and favors from a DA or AG.

The D.A.'s ethics is not one way. He also has an ethical responsibility to the taxpayers supporting his budget. A budget that is very likely finite. Why would he waste it on a case that he admits has a very poor chance of getting a conviction.

I guarantee you that case would not be tried in the county it occurred in simply due to jury pool contamination via media attention. I'm also sure the prosecutor knew that and realized that either a change of venue or a bench trial was not going to have a high percentage for a chance of conviction...

Protecting the reputation of the cops is laughable at best...don't you think for a second that a US atty.....especially one appointed by Obama would be chomping at the bit to bring charges against cops...especially during this time?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Baltimore, ring a bell? Ferguson?

This whole damned incident reeks, yes. But a blanket statement like the one you just made is ludicrous.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I guess this is another example of why I not only have no faith in the justice system and why I don't shed any tears when the cops are ambushed or killed. Us against them.

Then don't get on here pissing and moaning if somebody smokes your kid.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Just like Hilary

Exactly ..Guilty but free to make the same mistakes again and again without punishment...

The Sheriff in an interview stated both deputies would return to work in a few weeks after procedures are followed following such an event and Hillary most likely will be the POTUS.(Not by my vote)

Crime pays.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The D.A.'s ethics is not one way. He also has an ethical responsibility to the taxpayers supporting his budget. A budget that is very likely finite. Why would he waste it on a case that he admits has a very poor chance of getting a conviction.

I guarantee you that case would not be tried in the county it occurred in simply due to jury pool contamination via media attention. I'm also sure the prosecutor knew that and realized that either a change of venue or a bench trial was not going to have a high percentage for a chance of conviction...

Protecting the reputation of the cops is laughable at best...don't you think for a second that a US atty.....especially one appointed by Obama would be chomping at the bit to bring charges against cops...especially during this time?

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Idaho also said no criminal civil rights charges will be filed against the deputies.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/ag-no-charges-for-deputies-who-killed-council-rancher/284200441

Last edited by 700LH; 07/29/16.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by logcutter
Just like Hilary

Exactly ..Guilty but free to make the same mistakes again and again without punishment...

The Sheriff in an interview stated both deputies would return to work in a few weeks after procedures are followed following such an event and Hillary most likely will be the POTUS.(Not by my vote)

Crime pays.....

What court proved them guilty?

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 700LH

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Idaho also said no criminal civil rights charges will be filed against the deputies.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/ag-no-charges-for-deputies-who-killed-council-rancher/284200441

Yes, I know that. That was the point behind my statement

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why would he waste the money? Seriously? We don't prosecute murderers anymore because it's going to cost money?

There will come a time in this country when there will be a reconing. The support for the police is at historic lows among those that historically supported the cops. When an unarmed black man is killed it's easy to make excuses. When an older white rancher is called outside from the dinner table and murdered, it too is easy to excuse.

It appears that the only murder we should be worried about are when cops are killed. They are the only ones that get unquestioned sympathy and come hell or high water, justice. Bullshlt.it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Yantis gun was the only 204 at the scene, and there was a 204 bullet found in the pavement.
That evidence would at least seem to impeach the deputies testimony.

If that is so, Won't a lie cast doubt to their entire statements be enough to be brought before a jury?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why would he waste the money? Seriously? We don't prosecute murderers anymore because it's going to cost money?

There will come a time in this country when there will be a reconing. The support for the police is at historic lows among those that historically supported the cops. When an unarmed black man is killed it's easy to make excuses. When an older white rancher is called outside from the dinner table and murdered, it too is easy to excuse.

It appears that the only murder we should be worried about are when cops are killed. They are the only ones that get unquestioned sympathy and come hell or high water, justice. Bullshlt.it.

Your calls for "justice", frankly, sound exactly like the DA in Baltimore and the BLM bunch. You don't want justice, you want vengeance. You don't want an investigation, you want a lynching.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If Yantis gun was the only 204 a the scene and there was a 204 bullet founds in the pavement. That evidence would at least seem to impeach the deputies testimony.

If that is so, Won't a lie cast enough doubt to their entire statements to a jury?

I don't understand what you mean by this.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave
If Yantis gun was the only 204 a the scene and there was a 204 bullet founds in the pavement. That evidence would at least seem to impeach the deputies testimony.

If that is so, Won't a lie cast enough doubt to their entire statements to a jury?

I don't understand what you mean by this.

Travis

Don't worry...neither does he

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Try it now

If Yantis gun was the only 204 at the scene, and there was a 204 bullet found in the pavement.

If that is so, Won't a lie cast doubt to their entire statements be enough to be brought before a jury?

Witness said he was grabbed from behind and the gun fired.
deputies said "he pointed his gun at them and fired."

Last edited by 700LH; 07/29/16.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Try it now

So, if someone starts to point a gun at you and you deflect it, but it discharges into the ground at your feet then you can't claim that you were in fear for your safety?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm still not tracking.

The deputies testified he fired the rifle one time.

Unless you're reading something I didn't.

Travis

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
What court proved them guilty?

The same one that convicted Hillary.Guilty but not beyond his opinion(not a juries) of reasonable doubt.

12 bullets between a 45acp and .223 to kill one man that was called to the scene from the dinner table by deputy Rowland.

You guys forget how to fight instead of shoot and shoot and shoot..

Page 155 of 175 1 2 153 154 155 156 157 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.