-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The federales need to quit fuggin' around.

If they want them, they need to start coming door to door for them.

Surprise! cool

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In ancient Israel, the Philistines kept the Jews under control with a weapons ban. They also banned blacksmiths because blacksmiths could forge weapons.

At the same time, when the Jews needed work on their farming tools they had to take them to the Philistines who would charge them exorbitant prices for the work.

Sound familiar?

I Samuel, 13:19-23: Not a blacksmith could be found in the whole land of Israel, because the Philistines had said, “Otherwise the Hebrews will make swords or spears!”

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The federales need to quit fuggin' around.

If they want them, they need to start coming door to door for them.

Surprise! cool

They have plenty of practice...been doing it since 9/11.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rlott
In ancient Israel, the Philistines kept the Jews under control with a weapons ban. They also banned blacksmiths because blacksmiths could forge weapons.

At the same time, when the Jews needed work on their farming tools they had to take them to the Philistines who would charge them exorbitant prices for the work.

Sound familiar?

I Samuel, 13:19-23: Not a blacksmith could be found in the whole land of Israel, because the Philistines had said, “Otherwise the Hebrews will make swords or spears!”

There is nothing new under the sun. Where's the "like" button for this?

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Captain
If the legislature doesn't vote on a tax can it legally be imposed on the people? Would it not fall into the realm of taxation without representation? Or are we so far down the road that they don't care and will do it anyway? In your face.

This matter was the basis for the Declaration of Independence and was settled through a Revolutionary War by the People. It was not a Constitutional matter litigated in Federal courts.

Tyrants don't respect or abide the Law, or its processes and artifacts.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see this something like a tax. You all have heard of ObamaCare? The same thing and the Supremes are going to see it Mr. Obama's way.

This is dangerous stuff.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Sound familiar?

any licensing fee is a tax by another name.

to add, word of some is that the Hebrews wandered in the desert for 40 years because the Philistines inhabited and controlled the coastal areas. they had ties with the Greeks for "high quality " weapons. they were able to force the Hebrews to by-pass their lands and thus they wound up following a desert path to the holy land.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
“In the first 100 days, we’re going to knock the hell out of Obamacare,” Trump declared to his audience’s approval. “You know the great thing about executive orders is that I don’t have to go back to Congress. I just sit down… and I will be unsigning many, maybe not all. Maybe there’s a couple of good ones [Obama policies], I don’t know, I doubt it.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/03/t...s-to-unsign-obamas-agenda/#ixzz4G10wuZJH

NRA Life Member
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It keeps going back to the one thing Trump can do that could save our country more than anything else. Four constitutionalist SC Justices.

Loading the SC with a majority of justices that will follow the Constitution as it was meant to be not as how they want it to be would make a huge difference.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by kwg020
I see this something like a tax. You all have heard of ObamaCare? The same thing and the Supremes are going to see it Mr. Obama's way.

This is dangerous stuff.

kwg

This is not about taxes. This is about Liberty and the will of our People to remain free. This act is on par with the despotism of George III.

We don't seem to recognize its importance because we have become dependent on others to assert the rights that solely rest with We, the People.

This is indeed, "dangerous stuff," if we intend to remain free citizens of a Constitutional Republic.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Is there any doubt that we are are living under a dictatorship at this point?

None. Eff the AIC and his EOs.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, hell. This puts me in a bit of a spot, I've got a custom rifle being put together right now. My riflesmith told me originally that he considered it a "repair job" since I sent him a Mauser action. We'll see how that goes, he's on vacation right now and won't be available to discuss this until next week.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Well, hell. This puts me in a bit of a spot, I've got a custom rifle being put together right now. My riflesmith told me originally that he considered it a "repair job" since I sent him a Mauser action. We'll see how that goes, he's on vacation right now and won't be available to discuss this until next week.

Heck, I've got a 60 year old receiver with a barrel beside it because the gunsmith passed away before he could cut the neck and throat. Now getting a gunsmith to cut the neck and throat and mount the barrel becomes an ITAR regulated activity.

Idiocy of the highest order, and likely to be struck down in court if Congress doesn't overturn it before that.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It is time to clean two handguns. Can I still do it or do I have to send them back to the manufacture? crazy mad

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just aired my grievance over this nonsense to my Republican congresscritter, most likely to no avail. None of his office staff had a clue what I was talking about even after I gave them Swifty52's summary of the problem in the first post above (including all the State Dept. alphabet mumbo-jumbo). We're screwed.

I predict the other shoe dropping to be a restriction/ban on reloading equipment and powder/bullets/brass/primers. Do all of you have your reloading supplies up to date??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ITAR is a strange beast. Lots of prosecutions for transmitted data on items that seem to have no relevance to anything military, yet somewhere , they have been used, and as such, get classified. Companies have whole depts set up, to monitor this now, even e-mailing a drawing to a subsidiary branch in another country. Granted, there are many legit prosecutions, but , some are kinda off the wall though, electrical items are quite an eye opener.
I can see where the US Gov't may try to impinge on reloaders & shooters thru a backdoor type of bureaucratic means. ITAR is fairly vaguely worded in order to provide that means, if they should so desire to indulge themselves.

Last edited by 209jones; 08/02/16.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Sound familiar?

So what you are saying is that the Hiltlistines and Obamastines are trying to take away our guns?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
IIRC some D guy smacked them fools up side the head with a rock?

But nobody had a lick of faith in that D guy before he did his rock chucking.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
Originally Posted by kwg020

This is dangerous stuff.

kwg

This is not about taxes. This is about Liberty and the will of our People to remain free. This act is on par with the despotism of George III.

We don't seem to recognize its importance because we have become dependent on others to assert the rights that solely rest with We, the People.

This is indeed, "dangerous stuff," if we intend to remain free citizens of a Constitutional Republic.

I agree with your point Wildcatter. Just like Obama care. Basically the Supremes told us "you are slaves, get used to it"

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Gus

Sound familiar?

any licensing fee is a tax by another name.

to add, word of some is that the Hebrews wandered in the desert for 40 years because the Philistines inhabited and controlled the coastal areas. they had ties with the Greeks for "high quality " weapons. they were able to force the Hebrews to by-pass their lands and thus they wound up following a desert path to the holy land.

That does not match the Biblical accout as to why the Hebrews wandered in the desert for 40 years.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,462 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,681
Posts18,493,892
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.