Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 160 of 175 1 2 158 159 160 161 162 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
For an average 185 to 200 pound man, as a matter of more or less accepted scientific fact, .10 BAC is four to five beers in an hour or so. It isn't schit faced and most who drink a little would hardly even consider themselves buzzed at that level of BAC.

Within legal parameters, however, is it over the legal limit to operate motor vehicles? Is it potentially a factor in elevating charges if a crime is committed?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner
From what has been presented, do you folks think the police did a good job that night? Would you hire them to work in your towns?

I'd rather have no cops anywhere.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why didn't this go to the grand jury?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
For an average 185 to 200 pound man, as a matter of more or less accepted scientific fact, .10 BAC is four to five beers in an hour or so. It isn't schit faced and most who drink a little would hardly even consider themselves buzzed at that level of BAC.

I've arrested .28s that didn't consider themselves "buzzed"

.28? SOB.... That's coma level for most everyone.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In handling wrongful death and life insurance claims for clients, I learned years ago that blood alcohol tests after a person dies may not be reliable. Due to postmortem fermentation when a body is not kept cool after death, there can be “false positive” blood alcohol reports up to 0.20 grams/% — 2 ½ times the legal limit of 0.08

And his BAC was taken when and where?

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I didn't know we'd met.

Good to see you again.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Because it's a mass conspiracy by all the police in the entire country.

BLM.

Travis

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 4ager

Had a .37 one night that was coherent enough to tell.me the exact number of beers he had drank.
BTW that was 23

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by logcutter

In Idaho.

After he was dead.

Travis

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
In handling wrongful death and life insurance claims for clients, I learned years ago that blood alcohol tests after a person dies may not be reliable. Due to postmortem fermentation when a body is not kept cool after death, there can be “false positive” blood alcohol reports up to 0.20 grams/% — 2 ½ times the legal limit of 0.08

I would assume by the medical examiner.

Just how warm do you think his body got in November, in Idaho?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm still not tracking.

The deputies testified he fired the rifle one time.

Unless you're reading something I didn't.

Travis

Deputies testified he fired the rifle AT AN OFFICER.

That is a distinctly different from an ND into the ground at Yantis's feet.

I for one would surely like to know which is actually more akin to the truth.

If a man threatens a cop, and/or points a weapon at a cop? Smoke his ass! yes absolutely! I sure as hell will never ask a cop to use his fists in a gun fight!

We pay cops nowhere near enough to ask them to take extraordinary risks.

But the things I have read, including the deputies' statements leave me far from convinced that in Yantis's case, the cops were ever actually threatened.

If we need a measure of the caliber of man we are talking about, in the case of one deputy, we need only remember that on the night of the shooting he was yelling that Yantis had shot him. That certainly turned out to be a total fabrication.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The DA made the call that there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with a prosecution beyond a reasonable doubt. Other than that, all the rest is in the 5300+ pages from the investigation.

Hey, I think the grand jury should have at least been presented the case. Were I the DA, I would have if for no other reason than to cover my ass. If the GJ indicts and a jury acquits, or a judge dismisses, the DAs office is clear. If the GJ no bills, the DAs office is clear. That said, I know a lot of DAs that think doing so is a sell out and a waste of GJ time and resources.

The folks in that area elected the sheriff and the DA. They can elect someone else later, and since no charges were brought the case could be revived (which would not be the situation had it gone to trial and ended in an acquittal).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
in todays world, if you have had one beer your the party at fault, right or wrong has nothing to do with it

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm still not tracking.

The deputies testified he fired the rifle one time.

Unless you're reading something I didn't.

Travis

Deputies testified he fired the rifle AT AN OFFICER.

That is a distinctly different from an ND into the ground at Yantis's feet.

I for one would surely like to know which is actually more akin to the truth.

If a man threatens a cop, and/or points a weapon at a cop? Smoke his ass! yes absolutely! I sure as hell will never ask a cop to use his fists in a gun fight!

We pay cops nowhere near enough to ask them to take extraordinary risks.

But the things I have read, including the deputies' statements leave me far from convinced that in Yantis's case, the cops were ever actually threatened.

If we need a measure of the caliber of man we are talking about, in the case of one deputy, we need only remember that on the night of the shooting he was yelling that Yantis had shot him. That certainly turned out to be a total fabrication.

Not necesarily. Had the gun discharged in close proximity to him (as I suspect they were all still within arms reach of one another he could have felt the cuncussion from the muzzle blast and thought he had been shot...while in accurate, that is not a fabrication

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Had a .37 one night that was coherent enough to tell.me the exact number of beers he had drank.
BTW that was 23

I'm f'kin' impressed.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 700LH
in todays world, if you have had one beer your the party at fault, right or wrong has nothing to do with it

Only if one beer puts you over the legal limit

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

Not necessarily, and in many cases not at all.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

BTW that was 23

I'm f'kin' impressed.

Drove the exsct speedlimit, or slightly under, used turn signal's and maintained his lane....however, he threw a McDonald's wrapper out the window in front of me

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
it was a schitfaced rancher

I can't believe you said that.How many beers does it take to be .104? Ya...4-5 for his weight and they called him by request of deputy Rowland...Wow..What a drunk..

I sure can't get schitfaced on 4-5 beers...

Then maybe you have a drinking problem

Buy .104 is schitfaced

Not very many years ago, .104 BAC would not even qualify for a DUI around here.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

The DA made the call that there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with a prosecution beyond a reasonable doubt. Other than that, all the rest is in the 5300+ pages from the investigation.

Hey, I think the grand jury should have at least been presented the case. Were I the DA, I would have if for no other reason than to cover my ass. If the GJ indicts and a jury acquits, or a judge dismisses, the DAs office is clear. If the GJ no

It wasn't the DA bills, the DAs office is clear. That said, I know a lot of DAs that think doing so is a sell out and a waste of GJ time and resources.

The folks in that area elected the sheriff and the DA. They can elect someone else later, and since no charges were brought the case could be revived (which would not be the situation had it gone to trial and ended in an acquittal).

It wasn't the DA. It was the state attorney General

Page 160 of 175 1 2 158 159 160 161 162 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.