Page 161 of 175 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by 4ager
[quote=JoeBob]For an average 185 to 200 pound man, as a matter of more or less accepted scientific fact, .10 BAC is four to five beers in an hour or so. It isn't schit faced and most who drink a little would hardly even consider themselves buzzed at that level of BAC.

I've arrested .28s that didn't consider themselves "buzzed"

.28? SOB.... That's coma level for most everyone. [/quote

Had a .37 one night that was coherent enough to tell.me the exact number of beers he had drank.
BTW that was 23

I'm f'kin' impressed.

Drove the exsct speedlimit, or slightly under, used turn signal's and maintained his lane....however, he threw a McDonald's wrapper out the window in front of me

I'm even more impressed. A .37? That's fatal toxicity levels for most people, or at least puking up their lunch from last week and hoping to die level.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
in todays world, if you have had one beer your the party at fault, right or wrong has nothing to do with it

Only if one beer puts you over the legal limit

So says you.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by logcutter
it was a schitfaced rancher

I can't believe you said that.How many beers does it take to be .104? Ya...4-5 for his weight and they called him by request of deputy Rowland...Wow..What a drunk..

I sure can't get schitfaced on 4-5 beers...

Then maybe you have a drinking problem

Buy .104 is schitfaced

Not very many years ago, .104 BAC would not even qualify for a DUI around here.

It would have for at least the last 20

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Deputies testified he fired the rifle AT AN OFFICER.

Where did you read that?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 700LH
in todays world, if you have had one beer your the party at fault, right or wrong has nothing to do with it

I'd agree with that.

"he'd been drinking" gets thrown around way too often.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
One question i have now is this:Having shot the 204 and looked for the bullet and not finding anything but small fragments,how did they prove what they found came from the rancher's rifle.

This will get the once over in court and money will be paid out but the rancher will still be dead.

Should have never happened,this goes for all parties involved.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Why didn't this go to the grand jury?

The DA made the call that there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with a prosecution beyond a reasonable doubt. Other than that, all the rest is in the 5300+ pages from the investigation.

Hey, I think the grand jury should have at least been presented the case. Were I the DA, I would have if for no other reason than to cover my ass. If the GJ indicts and a jury acquits, or a judge dismisses, the DAs office is clear. If the GJ no

It wasn't the DA bills, the DAs office is clear. That said, I know a lot of DAs that think doing so is a sell out and a waste of GJ time and resources.

The folks in that area elected the sheriff and the DA. They can elect someone else later, and since no charges were brought the case could be revived (which would not be the situation had it gone to trial and ended in an acquittal).

It wasn't the DA. It was the state attorney General

Ah. That's even further up the food chain. A state AG is a career politician. Never met or saw one they wouldn't throw two piss ant local cops under the bus in a heartbeat if they thought it would benefit them in a future election. They'd have handed the case to a deputy AG for prosecution and any loss would have been on the deputy AG.

I'd be far more inclined to buy the local DA being in cahoots with local cops and letting this slide than for a state AG to give a rat's ass about to low end deputies.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've never seen him sober, and I don't think he ever reaches sobriety.

Honestly a really nice guy and aside from a few DUIS I don't think he has ever been in trouble.

He is a self employed carpenter, but booze is his life

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
One question i have now is this:Having shot the 204 and looked for the bullet and not finding anything but small fragments,how did they prove what they found came from the rancher's rifle.

This will get the once over in court and money will be paid out but the rancher will still be dead.

said it was the same caliber as the ranchers rifle, not that it was from his gun

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Deputies testified he fired the rifle AT AN OFFICER.

Yet forensics confirmed there was know evidence on there clothing that a firearm was fired at them close range.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

They didnt, and that is stated in thepress release. They found one .204 projectile but we're not able to.match it to his rifle, but the rifle did have a spent she'll casing in the chamber.

For that matter they did not specify that yantis blood was found on the projectil, just that it was on the round

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Intoxication is not a scientific term. It is purely subjective. Fifteen years ago the legal standard was .1. Today it is .08. And if MAAD gets its way, it will soon be .05. There are people you know and see every single day who never get below a .15 who are more "sober" than the soccer mom who drank half a margerita before dinner last night and who wouldn't test out at .01. You can talk about horizontal gaze nystagmus and all that, but they said the same thing about .1 that they now say about .08 and that they will say about .05.

People are individuals. At .10, some people are flying high and some wouldn't even be out of the gate.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
WTF are grand juries for? A 9 month investigation into the murder of a man that wasn't a suspect at all by 2 cops that are more than a little dirty doesn't warrant convening a grand jury? An elected official that is part and parcel of the police department gets to make the decision?

And people wonder how cover ups are successful or why there is no faith in the system. From Hilary all the way to BFE Idaho this country is crooked. Give it to a grand jury and let the facts speak, anything else is pure corruption. I have a hell of a lot more faith in a panel of citizens than I do in some god-like lawyer.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Intoxication is not a scientific term. It is purely subjective. Fifteen years ago the legal standard was .1. Today it is .08. And if MAAD gets its way, it will soon be .05. There are people you know and see every single day who never get below a .15 who are more "sober" than the soccer mom who drank half a margerita before dinner last night and who wouldn't test out at .01. You can talk about horizontal gaze nystagmus and all that, but they said the same thing about .1 that they now say about .08 and that they will say about .05.

People are individuals. At .10, some people are flying high and some wouldn't even be out of the gate.

Correct, but the number is the legal standard, is it not?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No disagreement. However, when speaking in terms of legal implications, .10 is well over the legal limit to operate motor vehicles, and in some states (at least) it can lead to increased charges for any incidents/crimes committed, can it not?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
WTF are grand juries for? A 9 month investigation into the murder of a man that wasn't a suspect at all by 2 cops that are more than a little dirty doesn't warrant convening a grand jury? An elected official that is part and parcel of the police department gets to make the decision?

And people wonder how cover ups are successful or why there is no faith in the system. From Hilary all the way to BFE Idaho this country is crooked. Give it to a grand jury and let the facts speak, anything else is pure corruption. I have a hell of a lot more faith in a panel of citizens than I do in some god-like lawyer.

Which elected official that is part and parcel to the police depth made thedecision?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

It is a legal standard for operating a vehicle and for nothing else. It does not apply to any other activity and really shouldn't even be mentioned unless you are trying to set up a narrative that may or may not be true.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

No disagreement. However, when speaking in terms of legal implications, .10 is well over the legal limit to operate motor vehicles, and in some states (at least) it can lead to increased charges for any incidents/crimes committed, can it not?

Here it would also get you a public intox charge, and you would no longer be conside red he coherent enough to.make decisions for yourself such as denying medical attention

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

It is a legal standard for operating a vehicle and for nothing else. It does not apply to any other activity and really shouldn't even be mentioned unless you are trying to set up a narrative that may or may not be true.

Wrong

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

They didn't.

Travis

Page 161 of 175 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.