Print Thread
Hop To
Page 166 of 175 1 2 164 165 166 167 168 174 175
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 4agerk24
What the AG did NOT do (and had a GJ been empaneled and no billed) was preclude a civil case.... The AG can't prosecute or prove a crime. But, they didn't shut the door on anything else. Had they gone to a GJ and/or trial, those doors would have shut completely.

Shat for brains, you didn't mention "several states" in the original stupidity, did you?

But you'd like to use it as a crutch now.

You gotta lotta liberal in you, whether you know it or not.

Don't argue bout what actually happened, just throw a buncha other BS on top of it and hope nobody notices.

The fire knows.

Only person that don't is you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're hilariously obsessed. This level of stalker is very hard to come by these days.

I almost feel guilty for tossing you a bone....almost.

In regard to ID and collateral estoppel, a bit of very quick research shows that it is, in fact, an estoppel state to some degree. To what level, and whether a GJ no bill would estop a civil action, or whether it requires a full trial acquittal, would require additional research and inquiry that frankly I have no interest in doing.

That for some reason you have asserted that a criminal acquittal would NOT estop a civil action (think wrongful death suits against homeowners who kill an intruder in self-defense) is amazingly wrong, though.

At this point, you're back to "ignore" status. Try not to stress much over that this time; it's clearly a toll on you to have to follow me around and find new ways to embarrass yourself.

Back to this incident - all doors are still open and left that way by the AG; including later prosecution of the officers of new evidence arises.

Last edited by 4ager; 07/29/16.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 700LH
If Yantis gun was the only 204 at the scene, and there was a 204 bullet found in the pavement.
That evidence would at least seem to impeach the deputies testimony.

If that is so, Won't a lie cast doubt to their entire statements be enough to be brought before a jury?

Nothing to say it was not fired days before and ended up on the road. Nothing to say it was fired from Yantis rifle. I am not taking sides, just saying there is no proof to being to court. .

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 4ager
You're hilariously obsessed. This level of stalker is very hard to come by these days.

I almost feel guilty for tossing you a bone....almost.

In regard to ID and collateral estoppel, a bit of very quick research shows that it is, in fact, an estoppel state to some degree. To what level, and whether a GJ no bill would estop a civil action, or whether it requires a full trial acquittal, would require additional research and inquiry that frankly I have no interest in doing.

That for some reason you have asserted that a criminal acquittal would NOT estop a civil action (think wrongful death suits against homeowners who kill an intruder in self-defense) is amazingly wrong, though.

Back to this incident - all doors are still open and left that way by the AG; including later prosecution of the officers of new evidence arises.

Well, I don't have the GAS to keep up with your mania, so let's agree that *one* of us is a complete moron, that posts bullshat when he has no business doing same.

Then, we'll let the fire judge who is who.

I got no problem with that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
If Yantis gun was the only 204 at the scene, and there was a 204 bullet found in the pavement.

If that is so, Won't a lie cast doubt to their entire statements be enough to be brought before a jury?

Nothing to say it was not fired days before and ended up on the road. Nothing to say it was fired from Yantis rifle. I am not taking sides, just saying there is no proof to being to court. .

Days before? surely you jest.
Appears there was only one 204 there, any half wit could had been able to tell if was fired that evening, or days ago.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Spent shell casing in the rifle and it appears that all the witnesses agree that he fired the rifle might have something to do with it. If a .204 round hits the road, there probably isn't going to be much left to definitively match the ballistics to a specific rifle.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm kinda glad the police are shooting the chit outta everyone.

It's a VERY good reminder to not fuuck with the police.

Right or wrong you ain't gonna win.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
One thing I am sure of, we citizens now know all we will ever know about this incident. I sincerely doubt any opinions will be changed on this matter in the future.

We should take note though as to what was not said in the AG's report.

As Mule Deer has mentioned on more than one occasion referencing firearms writeups. Often what is not written is more telling than what is written.

Nowhere have I seen it printed that the deputies are exhonerated, nor have I seen it written that they acted within departmental policy.

I have only seen that the AG said he felt the state lacked evidence to assure a conviction against the deputies.

That is not a glowing endorsement!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
One thing I am sure of, we citizens now know all we will ever know about this incident. I sincerely doubt any opinions will be changed on this matter in the future.

As Mule Deer has mentioned on more than one occasion referencing firearms writeups. Often what is not written is more telling than what is written.

Nowhere have I seen it printed that the deputies are exhonerated, nor have I seen it written that they acted within departmental policy.

I have only seen that the AG said he felt the state lacked evidence to assure a conviction against the deputies.

Exactly.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Apparently you missed the part where the ag stated he would release the full report to the public...Ithe would seem if you want to know.more you are free to read it.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm kinda glad the police are shooting the chit outta everyone.

It's a VERY good reminder to not fuuck with the police.

Right or wrong you ain't gonna win.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uh oh...You said to NOT to fugck with the police.......Sorry. Misread that.

Last edited by MadMooner; 07/29/16.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks guys for the reading material tonight.

MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm sure that all the states' evidence, what little they have, stands up to scrutiny and cross examination. There's obviously no other interpretations irregardless of the witness statements taken that night, unlike the stone cold facts from the cops days or months after the fact. Signed, sealed and delivered.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Spent shell casing in the rifle and it appears that all the witnesses agree that he fired the rifle might have something to do with it. If a .204 round hits the road, there probably isn't going to be much left to definitively match the ballistics to a specific rifle.

That is my point. You know more about this but wouldn't it be hard to prove that bullet was fired by Mr. Yantis? He could have shot it at a coyote days before. Proving in court is little harder than saying here at the Fire even though we all believe it was that bullet.

All this comes down to what the DA could bring to court with a reasonable chance of winning. He said - she said won't cut it and there appears to be no cut and dried evidence either way.

I believe there was no cause for anyone but the bull to get shot but proving that would be near imposable.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
We all have to guess as to facts at this point.

That bein said:

The .204 bullet was recovered from the asphalt.

Guessin, but the guess is Mr. Yantis fired it pretty much straight down.

Into the asphalt.

The caliber can be determined from the core, but rifling marks would be destroyed.

It would have a shape that would show it was not fired at any great angle to the asphalt, so it could not have been fired at an earlier time.

The impact would have made an indentation, which would have collected the blood found "on" the bullet, i.e., on the end of the core closest to the "chamber" end of the bullet.

Yantis prepares to put the animal out of its misery.

For a reason that will probably never be known, one of the officers objects, and grabs Yantis.

Yantis rifle discharges into the asphalt, proving that it was:

(a) never pointed at an officer; or

(b) pointed at an officer who struck the barrel down towards the asphalt.

Other officer shoots Yantis.

First officer shoots Yantis.

Both officers STFU until they can get their stories to match the physical evidence and not hang their asses.

The case could be prosecuted, and would hinge on whether the jury believed (a) over(b), but apparently won't be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

He's not part and parcel of the PD. The PD is local; the AG is state. Huge difference. A local DA that has to work with the SO on cases daily might factor in stuff he/she shouldn't on an investigation like this. An AG who is far removed and couldn't care less about a small SO will have NO qualms about throwing two deputies into the ringer. None.

You keep blathering about corruption at all levels and not even thinking about the levels involved or how they interact. The State Police ran the investigation. Never seen an SP that would cover for an SO at all; almost always the opposite. Never seen a State AG that wouldn't fry a local cop at the drop of a hat to be able to say they were "fair, impartial, and no one is above the law".

If this had been an SO investigation and local DA call, then I could see your point. SP and State AG? No. Not at all. You're not going to get a more impartial, or in fact likely skewed toward finding reasons to prosecute the deputies, situation that this. And yet, still no indictment.

You do know, that the Idaho State Police has a documented record of covering up local departments cock-ups? Right?

So you SOUND really profound, but in reality, you're full of scheisse.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just a few LE, here, have behaved despicably towards an innocent victim, bringing shame on all their fellow officers.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One thing that stands out in this is the claim that cameras were present but not rolling. If nothing else comes of this, I hope some law or policy is made to eliminate that excuse in the future. In my world, the camera is always on, and any attempt to disable or interfere with it is a firing offense. Not just "you don't work here anymore", but you're done in this industry. With today's technology and the stakes involved, those cameras should not be allowed to fail - or else...

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 166 of 175 1 2 164 165 166 167 168 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.