Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 167 of 175 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 174 175
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
One thing that stands out in this is the claim that cameras were present but not rolling. If nothing else comes of this, I hope some law or policy is made to eliminate that excuse in the future. In my world, the camera is always on, and any attempt to disable or interfere with it is a firing offense. Not just "you don't work here anymore", but you're done in this industry. With today's technology and the stakes involved, those cameras should not be allowed to fail - or else...

They were "full".

One of the deputies got busted by his dash cam at his previous job in McCall. He pretty clearly learned that keeping cameras off is a much better deal.

Which in my mind is impossible to distinguish from pre-meditation.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fubarski
We all have to guess as to facts at this point.

That bein said:

The .204 bullet was recovered from the asphalt.

Guessin, but the guess is Mr. Yantis fired it pretty much straight down.

Into the asphalt.

The caliber can be determined from the core, but rifling marks would be destroyed.

It would have a shape that would show it was not fired at any great angle to the asphalt, so it could not have been fired at an earlier time.

The impact would have made an indentation, which would have collected the blood found "on" the bullet, i.e., on the end of the core closest to the "chamber" end of the bullet.

Yantis prepares to put the animal out of its misery.

For a reason that will probably never be known, one of the officers objects, and grabs Yantis.

Yantis rifle discharges into the asphalt, proving that it was:

(a) never pointed at an officer; or

(b) pointed at an officer who struck the barrel down towards the asphalt.

Other officer shoots Yantis.

First officer shoots Yantis.

Both officers STFU until they can get their stories to match the physical evidence and not hang their asses.

The case could be prosecuted, and would hinge on whether the jury believed (a) over(b), but apparently won't be.

Are you comfortable with me shooting toward your feet?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FreeMe
One thing that stands out in this is the claim that cameras were present but not rolling. If nothing else comes of this, I hope some law or policy is made to eliminate that excuse in the future. In my world, the camera is always on, and any attempt to disable or interfere with it is a firing offense. Not just "you don't work here anymore", but you're done in this industry. With today's technology and the stakes involved, those cameras should not be allowed to fail - or else...

Cameras don't fix schit.

They're just feel good non-sense.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Is Yantis still dead?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Is Yantis still dead?

Google search indicates he is.

Dave

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow, Perry Mason got nothing compared to some of you guys.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Wow, Perry Mason got nothing compared to some of you guys.

I'm headed to a Freddie Gray vigil with all my other stupid white friends.

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's what I like about you Flave, you do be diversified. grin

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guff ain't white.....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I don't shed any tears when the cops are ambushed or killed. Us against them.

At least your clear about your role in forwarding that rift....so long as your okay with being as responsible for the mentality at the "bad" cops in your AO, so be it.

The good cops getting killed for whatever reason (or lack of one) and their families will, likely, get along just fine without your support.

George

George,

Just ignore him. He probably supports BLM also.

Jim

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Guff ain't white.....

Even though he has a lot of "black" tendencies he is actually more jewish than anything else.

Which is fine because I have nothing against kikes.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by texasbatman

Just ignore him. He probably supports BLM also.

Jim

Probably?

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by 4ager

He's not part and parcel of the PD. The PD is local; the AG is state. Huge difference. A local DA that has to work with the SO on cases daily might factor in stuff he/she shouldn't on an investigation like this. An AG who is far removed and couldn't care less about a small SO will have NO qualms about throwing two deputies into the ringer. None.

You keep blathering about corruption at all levels and not even thinking about the levels involved or how they interact. The State Police ran the investigation. Never seen an SP that would cover for an SO at all; almost always the opposite. Never seen a State AG that wouldn't fry a local cop at the drop of a hat to be able to say they were "fair, impartial, and no one is above the law".

If this had been an SO investigation and local DA call, then I could see your point. SP and State AG? No. Not at all. You're not going to get a more impartial, or in fact likely skewed toward finding reasons to prosecute the deputies, situation that this. And yet, still no indictment.

You do know, that the Idaho State Police has a documented record of covering up local departments cock-ups? Right?

So you SOUND really profound, but in reality, you're full of scheisse.

Then y'all have a Hell of a lot bigger problems than a dead rancher. The SO sure as Hell should not have investigated the incident. The SP is the next agency up with jurisdiction. After that, you get Loretta Lynch, James Comey, and the FBI. Since the SO is out, and the FBI has no dog in this fight, you're left with the SP. If they are that FUBAR, y'all are up the creek. Still haven't heard a viable alternative as to what people want at this point, or going back if the SP can't be trusted how exactly they want a legitimate, impartial investigation to be done.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Dutch

He's not part and parcel of the PD. The PD is local; the AG is state. Huge difference. A local DA that has to work with the SO on cases daily might factor in stuff he/she shouldn't on an investigation like this. An AG who is far removed and couldn't care less about a small SO will have NO qualms about throwing two deputies into the ringer. None.

You keep blathering about corruption at all levels and not even thinking about the levels involved or how they interact. The State Police ran the investigation. Never seen an SP that would cover for an SO at all; almost always the opposite. Never seen a State AG that wouldn't fry a local cop at the drop of a hat to be able to say they were "fair, impartial, and no one is above the law".

If this had been an SO investigation and local DA call, then I could see your point. SP and State AG? No. Not at all. You're not going to get a more impartial, or in fact likely skewed toward finding reasons to prosecute the deputies, situation that this. And yet, still no indictment.

You do know, that the Idaho State Police has a documented record of covering up local departments cock-ups? Right?

So you SOUND really profound, but in reality, you're full of scheisse.

Then y'all have a Hell of a lot bigger problems than a dead rancher. The SO sure as Hell should not have investigated the incident. The SP is the next agency up with jurisdiction. After that, you get Loretta Lynch, James Comey, and the FBI. Since the SO is out, and the FBI has no dog in this fight, you're left with the SP. If they are that FUBAR, y'all are up the creek. Still haven't heard a viable alternative as to what people want at this point, or going back if the SP can't be trusted how exactly they want a legitimate, impartial investigation to be done.

Sean, I think the DOJ investigated this too and said the was not enough evidence to.meet a criminal act

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no idea how much the ISP is or is not trusted out there, but there are damned few places that the DO(i)J is trusted at all these days. The friggin' Stasi would arguably have a better reputation than the Dept of (in)Justice.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Nowhere have I seen it printed that the deputies are exonerated, nor have I seen it written that they acted within departmental policy.

I have only seen that the AG said he felt the state lacked evidence to assure a conviction against the deputies.

That is not a glowing endorsement!

They may not be exonerated, but they are certainly not going to be criminally prosecuted either.

But they may very well be tried & convicted in a civil case in that community.

Even if they are not, I would not want to be them & have to continue to live there.

Given their background & history, I'd bet they'll be heard from again & it likely won't be good either.

MM

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have no idea how much the ISP is or is not trusted out there, but there are damned few places that the DO(i)J is trusted at all these days. The friggin' Stasi would arguably have a better reputation than the Dept of (in)Justice.

I understand whathat you're saying, but I can't see an Obama appointed US atty. Not putting the crunch on two white cops if she thought she had a case

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by JoeBob
For an average 185 to 200 pound man, as a matter of more or less accepted scientific fact, .10 BAC is four to five beers in an hour or so. It isn't schit faced and most who drink a little would hardly even consider themselves buzzed at that level of BAC.

I've arrested .28s that didn't consider themselves "buzzed"

.28? SOB.... That's coma level for most everyone.

It's a pretty common reading among DUI arrests.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
if the casing hit the asphalt and was not run over, stepped on very good chance could run NBIN successfully on it

Originally Posted by Fubarski
We all have to guess as to facts at this point.

That bein said:

The .204 bullet was recovered from the asphalt.

Guessin, but the guess is Mr. Yantis fired it pretty much straight down.

Into the asphalt.

The caliber can be determined from the core, but rifling marks would be destroyed.

It would have a shape that would show it was not fired at any great angle to the asphalt, so it could not have been fired at an earlier time.

The impact would have made an indentation, which would have collected the blood found "on" the bullet, i.e., on the end of the core closest to the "chamber" end of the bullet.

Yantis prepares to put the animal out of its misery.

For a reason that will probably never be known, one of the officers objects, and grabs Yantis.

Yantis rifle discharges into the asphalt, proving that it was:

(a) never pointed at an officer; or

(b) pointed at an officer who struck the barrel down towards the asphalt.

Other officer shoots Yantis.

First officer shoots Yantis.

Both officers STFU until they can get their stories to match the physical evidence and not hang their asses.

The case could be prosecuted, and would hinge on whether the jury believed (a) over(b), but apparently won't be.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Try not to stress much over that this time; it's clearly a toll on you to have to follow me around and find new ways to embarrass yourself."

THAT would be a full time job on this forum.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 167 of 175 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1234, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 60 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.