Page 170 of 175 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 174 175
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by dassa
How long til the deputies can get back to work?

If they continue in that community, or any community that knows their history, they'll get what they have coming.

You sound as if you have experience with this. Is that why you no longer work for police department?

Dink

Somebody will give you your's too , bitch.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by dassa
How long til the deputies can get back to work?

If they continue in that community, or any community that knows their history, they'll get what they have coming.

You sound as if you have experience with this. Is that why you no longer work for police department?

Dink

What is "his", little fella?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Because it was an injury accident in small town Idaho. Could even be traffic needed directing/redirecting. And I agree with the over involvement. Please have people quit calling the cops to play referee, parent, dog catcher, fee collector, litter patrol, drunk sitter, parking lot attendant, locksmith, loss prevention, etc.

I'm all for it. Cops, as they are today, should respond to zero of those calls.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The sheriff in a county south of us went through a similar incident years back. The over-trained, under-educated deputies killed a woman when they did a botched raid on the wrong address. Several years later the deputy that pulled the trigger took a .45fmj between his eyes. The drunken shooter scored a bullseye hit from his front porch. It happened in the district I worked for, no tears were shed, nor did we waste our time or take a ladder truck out of service for his funeral. Cops are pretty forgiving of the mistakes of their co-workers, others not so much.

I sincerely hope your kid doesn't choose a permanent career in law enforcement because you are putting some horrendous karma on yourself.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Dink sure does make people angry.

LMAO.

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by FreeMe
One thing that stands out in this is the claim that cameras were present but not rolling. If nothing else comes of this, I hope some law or policy is made to eliminate that excuse in the future. In my world, the camera is always on, and any attempt to disable or interfere with it is a firing offense. Not just "you don't work here anymore", but you're done in this industry. With today's technology and the stakes involved, those cameras should not be allowed to fail - or else...

Cameras don't fix schit.

They're just feel good non-sense.

Travis

Ah, there's where you are wrong, my friend. I have direct and repeated experience that audio and video evidence can kill a frivolous lawsuit quicker than a bought-off judge. And also that knowledge that the camera is always rolling is effective motivation to make it a habit to act professionally.

No - it's not a cure-all, but the camera makes a huge difference.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
One thing that stands out in this is the claim that cameras were present but not rolling. If nothing else comes of this, I hope some law or policy is made to eliminate that excuse in the future. In my world, the camera is always on, and any attempt to disable or interfere with it is a firing offense. Not just "you don't work here anymore", but you're done in this industry. With today's technology and the stakes involved, those cameras should not be allowed to fail - or else...

Cameras don't fix schit.

Travis

Ah, there's where you are wrong, my friend. I have direct and repeated experience that audio and video evidence can kill a frivolous lawsuit quicker than a bought-off judge. And also that knowledge that the camera is always rolling is effective motivation to make it a habit to act professionally.

Not really. People still see what they want to see.

Look at the alton sterling shooting

Then if for some reason your camera doesn't catch something due to positiining (think vehicles, the action very often doesn't happen right in front of the lens) then people are accused of purposefully praking to preclude video capture

Last edited by gitem_12; 08/01/16.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
After the one deputy getting fired for what was caught on a dash cam, he was sure not to make that mistake twice, coincidence, I don't think so.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12

That's more the exception than the rule. I'd think that 99% of the time that dash cams / body cams reinforce the cop's story and shut down the lies from drunks/felons and unnecessary force accusations.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
To sum this up, Jack is still dead, the cops over reacted to a drunk shooting a rifle.

Curdog and Aces are ordering Micah Johnson shirts and coffee cups off of Zazzle and Mirage is still pissed about living in a trailer with his mom.

That about it?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Cameras don't fix schit.

Travis

There are always exceptions. And it depends on the quality of information recorded. But overall, cameras make a difference. The more, the better. IME, video more often keeps things from even getting to court. When faced with the evidence, the guilty or false accuser usually folds.

Then there's the effect on overall professionalism. Those of us with cameras pointed at us 100% of the time tend to act more professionally. That has an added effects of the group being looked upon more favorably.

Virtually every time one of my brothers is in direct conflict with a member of the public, a lawsuit is threatened and/or filed against us. Those used to be hard to defend. Now we win almost all of them. Many are dropped early on. We know that the camera is always rolling, so we make damned sure that the evidence will be in our favor. In other words, we are focused on doing it right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Missed your edit...

Then if for some reason your camera doesn't catch something due to positiining (think vehicles, the action very often doesn't happen right in front of the lens) then people are accused of purposefully praking to preclude video capture

Easy to remedy. Yes - more expensive, but worth it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun

That's more the exception than the rule. I'd think that 99% of the time that dash cams / body cams reinforce the cop's story and shut down the lies from drunks/felons and unnecessary force accusations.

And this is a point that I think some of you are missing. The more times the accused is vindicated by audio/video evidence, the more widely the whole group are viewed as ethical professionals by the general public (there will always be rabble rousers). The way things are right now, there isn't much trust by a large portion of the public.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
To sum this up, Jack is still dead, the cops over reacted to a drunk shooting a rifle.

Curdog and Aces are ordering Micah Johnson shirts and coffee cups off of Zazzle and Mirage is still pissed about living in a trailer with his mom.

That about it?

Pretty much. And some of us are still afraid of cameras.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And this is a point that I think some of you are missing. The more times the accused is vindicated by audio/video evidence, the more widely the whole group are viewed as ethical professionals by the general public (there will always be rabble rousers). The way things are right now, there isn't much trust by a large portion of the public.

That only happens if the media releases the video when the police are exonerated.

They don't.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr

That only happens if the media releases the video when the police are exonerated.

They don't.

Maybe you missed it, but no one needs "the media" to release anything these days. Besides - I think we are not far enough into the use of such devices yet to establish any such pattern. If we were, those cameras would have been rolling.

Anyway - you are wrong....

examples

Last edited by FreeMe; 08/01/16.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I had to google Zazzle.

And I still think cameras are a waste of money.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had to google Zazzle.

So did I.

Dave

We heard all the arguments against them here too. Same with random drug testing. I wish neither were needed, but I'm glad we have both. Much better work environment, now that they're here.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Dink sure does make people angry.

LMAO.

Clark

Darn it! I thought he was referring to my retirement check someday.

Dink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Dave

For 99% of LEO's, they are.

But 88% of the public want them, apparently. It's a free country, though, so cops that hate them are just as free to find other work as I am free to reject work that requires me getting random drug tests or finger printed and background checked. Not that I have anything to hide, I just object to the intrusion so I find other gigs.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 170 of 175 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.