Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 171 of 175 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And this guy is coming back to work...The deputies had two (2) days to get there stories strait before ISP interviewed them..Oh ya..Nothing wrong with that for a couple psycho's...

Phillips had made Wood a firearms instructor for the ADSO, and his wife had become close friends with Wood’s now-estranged spouse. Following the shooting, Wood had become separated from his wife, and appeared to descend into something resembling a psychosis.

On several occasions, Phillips told the ISP, Wood suggested “he was gonna hurt himself … he goes back and forth on either goin’ to another country or killin’ himself.” In at least one of those instances, Phillips recounted, he indicated that he was no longer interested in fleeing to Latin America, but was “talkin’ about blowin’ himself up.”

This December 29th conversation took place in Phillips’ pickup truck. Worried that Wood was an incipient murder-suicide, Phillips told him that “I’m gonna handle this the law enforcement way…. [W]e’re gonna go ahead and get an endangerment hold on ya.”
At this point, Wood “literally turned in his seat and squared off with me and stuck his hand down by his gun. He says, `There will be gunfire if … we go this route.’”

That was not the last time Wood threatened to murder fellow law enforcement officers. He also reportedly threatened to kill the family’s dogs. Yet Phillips and other officers allowed him free rein -- which left Phillips’ wife horrified that the preservation of Wood’s Blue Privilege could have lethal consequences for his wife – who was also her close friend.

“You need to stop lookin’ at this as a … friend helpin’ a friend, and start lookin’ at this as a cop,” his wife chastised him, according to Phillips’ account. Of course, the problem was precisely that Phillips was acting like a cop – someone loyal to the Blue Tribe – rather than a peace officer acting to protect the public. This might explain why his wife revised her admonition: “Stop lookin’ at this as … a buddy helpin’ a buddy or a fellow cop helpin’ a fellow cop.’”

As Phillips discussed the matter with McCall Police Officer Josh Johnson and McCall Police Chief Justin Williams, both agreed that Wood was displaying sociopathic tendencies. Contingency plans were made to carry out a major operation involving several agencies – the ADSO, the Valley County Sheriff’s Office, the Ada County Sheriff’s Office, the McCall Police Department – in the event that Wood “loses his job or loses his guns.”

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Calhoun
For 99% of LEO's, they are.

But 88% of the public want them, apparently. It's a free country, though, so cops that hate them are just as free to find other work as I am free to reject work that requires me getting random drug tests or finger printed and background checked. Not that I have anything to hide, I just object to the intrusion so I find other gigs.

That 88% wouldn't know the 4th Amendment from the hole in their dick.

They're retards.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And the same "88%" are in favor of more gun control laws because it'll make you safer.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by logcutter
And this guy is coming back to work...The deputies had two (2) days to get there stories strait before ISP interviewed them..Oh ya..Nothing wrong with that for a couple psycho's...

Phillips had made Wood a firearms instructor for the ADSO, and his wife had become close friends with Wood’s now-estranged spouse. Following the shooting, Wood had become separated from his wife, and appeared to descend into something resembling a psychosis.

On several occasions, Phillips told the ISP, Wood suggested “he was gonna hurt himself … he goes back and forth on either goin’ to another country or killin’ himself.” In at least one of those instances, Phillips recounted, he indicated that he was no longer interested in fleeing to Latin America, but was “talkin’ about blowin’ himself up.”

This December 29th conversation took place in Phillips’ pickup truck. Worried that Wood was an incipient murder-suicide, Phillips told him that “I’m gonna handle this the law enforcement way…. [W]e’re gonna go ahead and get an endangerment hold on ya.”
At this point, Wood “literally turned in his seat and squared off with me and stuck his hand down by his gun. He says, `There will be gunfire if … we go this route.’”

That was not the last time Wood threatened to murder fellow law enforcement officers. He also reportedly threatened to kill the family’s dogs. Yet Phillips and other officers allowed him free rein -- which left Phillips’ wife horrified that the preservation of Wood’s Blue Privilege could have lethal consequences for his wife – who was also her close friend.

“You need to stop lookin’ at this as a … friend helpin’ a friend, and start lookin’ at this as a cop,” his wife chastised him, according to Phillips’ account. Of course, the problem was precisely that Phillips was acting like a cop – someone loyal to the Blue Tribe – rather than a peace officer acting to protect the public. This might explain why his wife revised her admonition: “Stop lookin’ at this as … a buddy helpin’ a buddy or a fellow cop helpin’ a fellow cop.’”

As Phillips discussed the matter with McCall Police Officer Josh Johnson and McCall Police Chief Justin Williams, both agreed that Wood was displaying sociopathic tendencies. Contingency plans were made to carry out a major operation involving several agencies – the ADSO, the Valley County Sheriff’s Office, the Ada County Sheriff’s Office, the McCall Police Department – in the event that Wood “loses his job or loses his guns.”

Did your parents have any kids that lived

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

But 88% of the public want them, apparently. It's a free country, though, so cops that hate them are just as free to find other work as I am free to reject work that requires me getting random drug tests or finger printed and background checked. Not that I have anything to hide, I just object to the intrusion so I find other gigs.

They're retards.

Dave
Body cameras can't see or hear anything that the cop can't see or hear, so not sure about the 4th Amendment issue.. As long as the cop isn't going somewhere he doesn't have the right to be. Anybody who thinks they are telling something to a cop in confidence is a blooming idiot. Thought that was settled decades ago in the Supreme Court?

Unless you think it's a violation of the cop's 4th amendment rights?? Again, it's a voluntarily held job. Sucks, but so does being a long haul trucker having to submit to random drug testing and having GPS/black box tracking in their rigs.

Don't know if our local sheriffs have cams or not. Guessing they probably do around Lincoln and Omaha, not elsewhere in the state.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

They're retards.

Dave
Body cameras can't see or hear anything that the cop can't see or hear, so not sure about the 4th Amendment issue.. As long as the cop isn't going somewhere he doesn't have the right to be. Anybody who thinks they are telling something to a cop in confidence is a blooming idiot. Thought that was settled decades ago in the Supreme Court?

Unless you think it's a violation of the cop's 4th amendment rights?? Again, it's a voluntarily held job. Sucks, but so does being a long haul trucker having to submit to random drug testing and having GPS/black box tracking in their rigs.

Don't know if our local sheriffs have cams or not. Guessing they probably do around Lincoln and Omaha, not elsewhere in the state.

I think train is referring to the officers rights to privacy, say using the restroom and things like that

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I think train is referring to the officers rights to privacy, say using the restroom and things like that

And I totally agree there. Cameras should be able to be turned off... though then you have problems like this one, where multiple LEO's all have them turned off while on a call even though shots had been fired at an animal that had been charging people. In what possible scenario should cameras have been off when any of that was happening?

Technological solutions to people problems always suck. But nobody has found how to fix people.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

And I totally agree there. Cameras should be able to be turned off... though then you have problems like this one, where multiple LEO's all have them turned off while on a call even though shots had been fired at an animal that had been charging people. In what possible scenario should cameras have been off when any of that was happening?

Technological solutions to people problems always suck. But nobody has found how to fix people.

The problem is, the same people who, even when it is stated that all 5000 pages of a report is available to the public, still continue to think there is some sort of cover up....that when a state AG ,after sifting through all of those aforementioned pages doesn't believe he has enough to even approach a GJ with,...won't believe a camera anyway.

Those types of people think a camera is an end all be all item. Those types will sit and say dumb schit like, well, those cameras should be mandated to be recording 24/7...

And both of the cameras were not turned off. One was off and one was full and couldn't record

Last edited by gitem_12; 08/01/16.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I was referring to the fact that those 88% have no understanding of Use of Force and its legal applications.

They take no time to educate themselves but feel they have definitive answers.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
well Deflave poor old Jack invited the ultimate use of force when he drunkenly made a decision to handle a firearm in the presence of 2 Cops, accidental discharge sure would get fingers on triggers quick smart.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Did your parents have any kids that lived

Say it again and "Shots will be fired"..

B Woods

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
a witness named Tamara Sue Evanow stated that Jack Yantis' rifle was still pointing in the direction of the bull when she heard the first shots fired.
I'm assuming that the person who was hollering 'Shoot that thing' was Brian Wood, who I believe was already ticked off that Jack had insulted his 'prized' short barreled AR15.

I find it interesting that Ms. Evanow's account wasn't of interest to the ISP investigators. But then again I think I know why it wasn't.

The Sniper

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
OK I am really disappointed in this thread... I have not opened it since about right page 8 or 9.... By this point I figured it had to have shifted to the new ABCs of bra size type of thread

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
a witness named Tamara Sue Evanow stated that Jack Yantis' rifle was still pointing in the direction of the bull when she heard the first shots fired.
I'm assuming that the person who was hollering 'Shoot that thing' was Brian Wood, who I believe was already ticked off that Jack had insulted his 'prized' short barreled AR15.

I find it interesting that Ms. Evanow's account wasn't of interest to the ISP investigators. But then again I think I know why it wasn't.

The Sniper

If, and it's probably a big IF you have the comprehensive ability. Why don't you read the whole 5000 page report, instead of picking bulls chit off of Facebook posts.

Either that or admit you're a fuggin potato head and be done with it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The problem is, the same people who, even when it is stated that all 5000 pages of a report is available to the public, still continue to think there is some sort of cover up....that when a state AG ,after sifting through all of those aforementioned pages doesn't believe he has enough to even approach a GJ with,...won't believe a camera anyway.

Those types of people think a camera is an end all be all item. Those types will sit and say dumb schit like, well, those cameras should be mandated to be recording 24/7...

And both of the cameras were not turned off. One was off and one was full and couldn't record

The real problem is the A G's decision to not present the evidence to a Grand Jury.

In Texas it would have been citizens, not the State, deciding whether or not to prosecute.

Hopefully the Civil Trial will correct this and the Yantis family will get their day in court.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If, and it's probably a big IF you have the comprehensive ability. Why don't you read the whole 5000 page report

Why don't you give it a try so you know what your talking about for a change.There's only one thing worse than a dirty Cop-Another Cop covering it up and/or backing him..In your case without any idea what's going on.

Want the link?

Sniper

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570

The real problem is the A G's decision to not present the evidence to a Grand Jury.

In Texas it would have been citizens, not the State, deciding whether or not to prosecute.

Hopefully the Civil Trial will correct this and the Yantis family will get their day in court.

Do you really think, with 5,000 plus pages of statements, and evidentiary reports that if he though he he had a chance of getting an indictment that he wouldn't have recommended it to a GJ...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If, and it's probably a big IF you have the comprehensive ability. Why don't you read the whole 5000 page report

Why don't you give it a try so you know what your talking about for a change.There's only one thing worse than a dirty Cop-Another Cop covering it up and/or backing him..In your case without any idea what's going on.

Want the link?

Sniper

The problem is retard, you don't have a clue either...but you can't pull your head out of your azz long enough to let enough oxygen reach your brain to realize thathat

Last edited by gitem_12; 08/01/16.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570

What's going to be your spin if they get exonerated in a civil trial?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The problem is retard, you don't have a clue either...but you can't pull your head out of your azz long enough to let enough oxygen reach your brain to realize thathat

No,the problem is an active duty police officer getting on the internet and acting like a seven (7) year old child with name calling and expecting the public to have respect for all officers...

Your a prime example why we don't...

Page 171 of 175 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.