Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

Was driving through Montana few weeks ago saw a sign to havre I was like should I drive to the greatest living legend living in Montana home town. I then thought naw Alaska more important than Deflave.. Maybe next time

I trust you are not implying that your family is more important than I.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 79S

Was driving through Montana few weeks ago saw a sign to havre I was like should I drive to the greatest living legend living in Montana home town. I then thought naw Alaska more important than Deflave.. Maybe next time

I trust you are not implying that your family is more important than I.

Dave

No Alaska is sorry man

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I have not been able to abide the taste of distilled spirits since. And never could aquire a taste for the flavor of coffee. Actually I distinctly dislike the flavor of hops while I am thinking about it.

What's your motivation for living?

If you don't mind my asking.

Clark

Lust for life, sharing this earth's wonders with 10 grand kids, crawling in bed beside Momma each night,

Right now I am watching three of the little tykes stare in amazement at their first view of the Pacific from the Oregon Coast.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Right now I am watching three of the little tykes stare in amazement at their first view of the Pacific from the Oregon Coast.

That's gotta be a hoot!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Yeti keeps ice for a long time

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
-
Originally Posted by ironbender

That's gotta be a hoot!

X100 We are sharing the next nine days with two of our daughters, their hubbies, and seven kids age four through fifteen. We are all native born near Boise.

I would post a couple pics, but the tablet is way smarter than I.

I have not figured how to do the links or cut and paste on the android.

We are taking several of the kids fishing out of Newport on a 24 ft Boston Whaler on Wednesday. Not sure yet if the target is tuna or salmon. But we will probably also bring back a limit of rock fish.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These endless discussions about a cup or coolie study disturb me.
The thing with yeti or Walmart yeti is.......
ZIP.
None.
Zero.
Nadia.
Neither........
has EVER made my beer colder. EVER.
Now, if you are the type to nurse an adult beverage for hours and want to water it down in the process with ice, more power to ya. I'm more of a volume guy.
On the other side I like coffee hot. Real hot. These units keep it fairly hot for a while, but not long enough to matter.
If you like lukewarm coffee, you are probably thinking "nirvana".

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Lots of them at the local chinese embassy!

[Linked Image]

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chinese embassy.... laugh laugh

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Pretty sure I picked up that name here!

Fitting!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

The guy doing the test said the Yeti made it 45 hours and 25 minutes and the Wally World made it 50 hours and 7 minutes, for a, per him, 35 minute difference. He's not much for math, I guess. Unless he misstated the time, that's a 4 hour and 42 minute difference: advantage Wally World.

I had a soft drink a couple nights ago after painting and had a good bit of ice in the Ozark Trails cup when I went to bed. 8-9 hours later there was still a good bit of ice in the cup. I've never seen that with any other insulated cup before that cost 8 bucks.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took my RTIC (YETI clone) cup with me for a day of fishing down at the mouth of Hells Canyon yesterday.....
I filled it up with ice and water when I left in the AM and it did a fine job keeping the water cold....better than any travel cup I've ever owned....but I gotta tell ya....there's some pretty tall tales floating around on this thread....

I suspect some of these "scientific" tests are being conducted in air conditioned offices......

It wouldn't surprise me if YETI, Ozarc Trails, and RTIC cups were all made in the same factory either...

Last edited by FieldGrade; 08/10/16.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
To the whole group here, I've been wondering what the fascination is with these cups. I looked at them at the local Wal-mart and saw that the plastic top seals by pressing into the top of the cup but the slot for drinking is always open.

How is this desirable?

I've used the Contigo insulated cups for years that I bought at Costco. The tops screw on and have an auto-seal opening for drinking. Depress a big button on one side of the lid and take a swallow or two, release the button and the opening seals up. You can lay the cup on its side or turn it upside down and it won't leak. No need to worry about putting it back in a cup holder to keep it upright so the drink doesn't spill.

In the summer I keep a couple empty cups in the fridge so they are pre-chilled to the beverage temperature to begin with which increases their cold-holding power to some unknown degree.

They come two 14 ounce cups for $20.00 at Costco but you can buy them individually at Target or at www.gocontigo.com in sizes up to 24 ounce. I just bought one of the 24's for $26.00 and it's great. No spilling ever. Same ice or hot holding capabilities as Ozark Trail or Yeti and did I mention - No possibility of spilling in any position unless the spring loaded button fails.

I can see the economic advantage of the Wal-mart cups but when all you have to do is let go of the cup to prevent spilling your drink all over yourself or the interior of the vehicle I guess I'd rather spend the money.

Value, I guess, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder (or in this case the be-drinker?)

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My beers are always open and I hardly ever spill them in the truck.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by tedthorn
A study showed the $40 Yeti beats the $10 Ozark Trail by 400%

A simple scientific test proved this

Rubbish. I own both.

You bought a YETI?

PT Barnam was right

I was given a Yeti and paid $7 for my Walley one.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Dave

In fairness though, you have a lot of practice.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Dave

In fairness though, you have a lot of practice.

Nothing fair about it at all...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Took my RTIC (YETI clone) cup with me for a day of fishing down at the mouth of Hells Canyon yesterday.....
I filled it up with ice and water when I left in the AM and it did a fine job keeping the water cold....better than any travel cup I've ever owned....but I gotta tell ya....there's some pretty tall tales floating around on this thread....

I suspect some of these "scientific" tests are being conducted in air conditioned offices......

It wouldn't surprise me if YETI, Ozarc Trails, and RTIC cups were all made in the same factory either...

http://magazine.promomarketing.com/article/yeti-coolers-is-suing-wal-mart-over-patent-infringement/

On the same day it filed the lawsuit against Wal-Mart, Yeti also filed lawsuits against Zhejiang Zhuosheng Industry & Trade Co., a Chinese stainless steel drinkware manufacturer; and Waukesha, Wisconsin-based restaurant outfitter The Boelter Companies. Both lawsuits were trade dress infringement claims relating to Yeti’s 20 and 30 oz. stainless steel tumblers. These claims did not include patent infringement, however.

Manufactured in standard stainless finish -

https://zhuosheng.en.alibaba.com/pr...er_with_customized_paper_label_wrap.html

And in colors -

https://zhuosheng.en.alibaba.com/pr...offee_mug_tumbler_keep_hot_and_cold.html [/quote]

Doesn't look to me like any of the others could still be called Yeti clones either since it's pretty clear now that they all simply bought the identical beverage containers manufactured and sold by the very same Chinese company but each with their own brand logo embossed.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

I have not been able to abide the taste of distilled spirits since. And never could aquire a taste for the flavor of coffee. Actually I distinctly dislike the flavor of hops while I am thinking about it.

What's your motivation for living?

If you don't mind my asking.

Clark

Lust for life, sharing this earth's wonders with 10 grand kids, crawling in bed beside Momma each night,

Little ones are drawn to coffee breath on old people and women dig some whiskey fueled lovin'.

The gaskets on these cups need a re design.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1936M71, 12savage, 1lessdog, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,980
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.