-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am a 1911 guy. First gun I carried and it's my first love in pistols.

My brother has an M&P in 9mm. Very nice pistol. Accurate and zero malfunctions except an early FTE

I shoot and carry a G19 these days. Put a bunch of ZEV Works pieces in it and a set of TFO's on it. No issues at all - ever. Like it much and is generally my first recommendation to someone looking for a pistol to bet their life on. Make no mistake - that's what you're doing.

Get training.

Burn A LOT of ammo.

You can never have too many magazines.

I have a G3 Incog for my pistol. I'm not supper thrilled with it. It's an EXCELLENT bit of kit. Well made and great retention without being obtrusive, just not right for me. Prob because I'm fat and it's originally designed for AIWB.

I'm on the hunt for a new IWB and OWB as when I'm at the camp, assing about - I like an OWB. Personal preference, not tactical decision.

Me

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by teal

I'm on the hunt for a new IWB and OWB as when I'm at the camp, assing about - I like an OWB. Personal preference, not tactical decision.

Get a paddle.

Or buy a cheap duty belt and thread a Serpa onto it.

Just a thought.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am looking at an Alien Gear piece now.

Me

Kenneth Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
. Put a bunch of ZEV Works pieces in it and a set of TFO's on it.

Any chance you could retell this tale in English?

RE: IWB, I'm gonna have to cut back on the beer and Cheesecake myself if I'm thinking it's possible to stuff a pistol, holster, and spare clip inside the perimeter of these jeans......LOL.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth

RE: IWB, I'm gonna have to cut back on the beer and Cheesecake myself if I'm thinking it's possible to stuff a pistol, holster, and spare clip inside the perimeter of these jeans......LOL.

Most everybody that carries IWB has to go up a size. It's just part of the equation.

Some don't, but most do.

I don't typically carry a spare mag either.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Zev Technologies - they make go fast parts for Glocks.

I replaced everything myself and I'd never taken apart a Glock in my life prior.

Zev Race Connector v4 $15
Zev Titanium Firing Pin Safety (small) $10
Zev Competition Spring Kit $12

Tru-Glo Tritium/Fiber Optic sights. They're fiber optic during day, Tritium at night - really nice for me and I like them. 100 bucks from LGS IIRC.

Me

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

On the IWB I just ordered a Stealthgear Mini for my G43. It will be 25 days until I get it though.It was the breathable material that sold me. It gets hot and humid in Alabama
http://stealthgearusa.com/custitem17/GLOCK/custitem18/G36/shop/holsters

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 08/19/16.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Most everybody that carries IWB has to go up a size. It's just part of the equation.

Some don't, but most do.

Dave

Ths will definitely make your life easier and encourage you to carry more frequently. 'Relaxed Fit' Wrangler do work for me at my regular size. A belt with a few extra holes punched at the optimal 'carry' setting will help a lot too.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

On the IWB I just ordered a Stealthgear Mini for my G43. It will be 25 days until I get it though.It was the breathable material that sold me. It gets hot and humid in Alabama
http://stealthgearusa.com/custitem17/GLOCK/custitem18/G36/shop/holsters

Hands down, the best, IWB Ive tried (and I've had all the big names). Alien Gear is close, and while cheaper and faster to get, the SG is noticeably 'cooler' to carry nd you dont get that tendency to slide around from the sweat (like the neoprene on the AG). Superb holsters.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
God, I love this thing. My all time fave carry gun (so far!) grin
Same mods as all my Glocks--Ghist Elite connector and spring kit, full polish and Truglo night sights (black rear with orange outline front sight).

I usually only use this clip in cooler weather when I can have a t-shirt between the gun and my skin. In hot weather it usually rides in an Alien Gear 3 IWB or a Stealh Gear AIWB.

Carry an extra mag in one of those cheap Glock plastic holders, believe it or not. Quite concealable. Sometimes will throw in another spare in a back pocket.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Same mods as all my Glocks--Ghist Elite connector and spring kit, full polish and Truglo night sights (black rear with orange outline front sight).

I usually only use this clip in cooler weather when I can have a t-shirt between the gun and my skin. In hot weather it usually rides in an Alien Gear 3 IWB or a Stealh Gear AIWB.

Carry an extra mag in one of those cheap Glock plastic holders, believe it or not. Quite concealable. Sometimes will throw in another spare in a back pocket.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Very nice!
I carry a 36 mostly and haven't found anything better in over 12 years,then the 30s came out. I wanted the 30s too but bought the 43 first because I already had a 36. I'll get a 30s next.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimmyp
no love for the .45 Shield here..??????

I may buy one if I see it tomorrow.

But I think the 9mm/Shield combo is GAY

Dave

Fixed it for ya wink

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MojoHand

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I've got a 30S as well. Very cool concept. I like how it shoots much better now that I switched out the mag floor plates for the Pierce finger grove ones that essentially add a third finger groove. Even better is using 21 mags with X-Grips installed.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by SargeMO

Some don't, but most do.

Dave

Ths will definitely make your life easier and encourage you to carry more frequently. 'Relaxed Fit' Wrangler do work for me at my regular size. A belt with a few extra holes punched at the optimal 'carry' setting will help a lot too.

All I wear anymore are relaxed fit Wranglers. With single stacks my regular size works fine. Living in Texas I hardly carry anything IWB bigger than my Shield 9mm. During the winter I sometimes carry a bigger gun OWB with an untucked long sleeve shirt or jacket. But that's rare...

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've also found with relaxed fit Wranglers I can IWB carry w/o going up a size.
I will say to the OP if you decide on the Glock to stick with it until it is mastered before you try other brands. I say this because the Glock points differently (for me anyway) than say a CZ, Sig, or 1911. All the brands mentioned are fine choices but, it seems to me the Glock is the simplest mechanism, which is a good thing. Also, the double stack Subcompact Glocks will take full size and compact magazines as well as their own. With all this said, I think the G-26 would be difficult to beat and only by the G-27, which I prefer.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Joe
I've also found with relaxed fit Wranglers I can IWB carry w/o going up a size.
I will say to the OP if you decide on the Glock to stick with it until it is mastered before you try other brands. I say this because the Glock points differently (for me anyway) than say a CZ, Sig, or 1911. All the brands mentioned are fine choices but, it seems to me the Glock is the simplest mechanism, which is a good thing. Also, the double stack Subcompact Glocks will take full size and compact magazines as well as their own. With all this said, I think the G-26 would be difficult to beat and only by the G-27, which I prefer.

or, buy a 33 and purchase kkm barrels for 357sign, 40s&w, and 9mm.
or do the same probably with the G27

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Kenneth Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
For any one that may be interested,

Ran 150 9mm rounds through 5 different guns today,

S&W Shield, easy to see why this gun has a large following, This gun is fun to shoot, fits the hand well and very little to dislike. Top contender so far.

Glock 19, sorry folks I just don't feel the love here, no real reason, it just isn't there. One plus, fairly consistent trigger pull. I'll pass on this one.

Glock 43, the surprise of the day, You guys keeping this little gem to yourself or what? Small, compact, still fills the hand and decent accuracy. Like it alot, top contender.

XD-S, Horrible first shot due to pudding like trigger, follow up shots not as bad. Really dont care for the "corn cob" finish on the grip. Yawn, No second date for this one.

Sig938, Yesterday I liked this pistol alot, today not so much. Didn't seem to be enough grip or something while firing, Worst groups of the day, gun shoot extremely high from POA, even with a decent SA trigger. The little train that almost could.....

Did not fire the Sig Legion 229 but only held it. Nice gun but we're not comparing apples to apples here, The 229 at 1100 plus, is more than double the price of any other gun here, it's also noticeably larger and heavier. This gun really isn't in the same category as the others fired today, with the exception of....

Sig226. Fun gun, accurate, somewhat lazy and long first trigger pull, but after that, it's all go time... Second time I've handled this gun and it's called my name both times. I don't know that I would call this a carry or "smaller compact". Local dealer down the road has a used 226 for 7 bills, I would go grab it just for the hell of it, but it's a .40, did I mention this gun is all fun?

Anyone looking for a single stack 9, easy to shoot or conceal, take a look at the shield and G43, both very comparable. Flip a coin I guess if you can't decide, although the Shield is almost 100 bucks cheaper, could be the tie breaker if it came down to that.

Also unable to shoot any Sig with the SRT trigger, which I was looking forward to.

There will be at least one more shopping trip, just out of curiosity. Lotta good stuff out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Different Strokes for different folks....
I shot my G19 today and my G42, although the 42 is easy and fun to shoot, probably easier with less recoil vs it's more powerful 43 sibling, I really preferred shooting the 19 and was way more accurate with it which I should be....I actually sold my 9mm shield

Your experience and mine prove its best to try for yourself....good luck!

Fwiw.... Close to 200 rounds with 42 and not one failure of any sort yet

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Different Strokes for different folks....
I shot my G19 today and my G42, although the 42 is easy and fun to shoot, probably easier with less recoil vs it's more powerful 43 sibling, I really preferred shooting the 19 and was way more accurate with it which I should be....I actually sold my 9mm shield

Your experience and mine prove its best to try for yourself....good luck!

Fwiw.... Close to 200 rounds with 42 and not one failure of any sort yet
I'm a fan of the 42 as well.

PS As well as you shoot your 19, you'd likely find that you shoot a 17 even better. That's my experience, anyway, and why I carry the 17 over the 19 (which I have also).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree on the 17 vs 19!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,595 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,698
Posts18,475,238
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.