Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Damn dust in my eye. frown

Hero family dog dies saving the life of little girl in house fire by lying on top of her and refusing to move, preventing fatal burns

A dog is being credited with saving the life of a little girl who was trapped in a deadly house fire.

Eight-month-old Viviana Claire was inside of her house in the 6800 block of Gough Street around 10:30pm Sunday in Baltimore when her mother, Erika, stepped outside to her car for a minute and when she looked back, the house was engulfed in flames.

'I just heard her crying and I couldn't get to her,' Poremski told WBAL-TV. 'I tried really hard, everyone in the neighborhood tried. They were kicking the doors in and kicking the windows out. I couldn't (get her out). Nobody could.'

Poremski has burned on her face and hands from where she repeatedly tried to go into the house to get her little girl but was beaten back by the raging flames.

Firemen finally were able to get to the little girl, who was inside her bedroom. What they saw there astonished them.

The family dog, Polo, was lying on top of the girl and protecting her with his body.

Firefighters said the dog wouldn't even come out of the house. Because the dog was lying over top of Viviana, only one side of her body was burned. Unfortunately, that was still 20 percent of her body, and she remains in critical condition in the hospital.

Polo did not make it after being taken out of the fire.

[Polo] stayed with her the whole time in the bedroom and wouldn't even come downstairs to get out the door,' Poremski said, tearfully adding, 'He was my first baby and now I lost him. And I'm just praying I don't lose her. She's all I have and it just happened so fast, I just don't understand it. I just don't know why this stuff happens.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fusing-come-leave-firefighters-came.html

[Linked Image]

Last edited by justin10mm; 08/19/16.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Dogs. You just got to love'em.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Living life without a dog can be done but it's no life worth living.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
This.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

That's signature line stuff right there!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good Boy Polo, good boy.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by justin10mm
...her mother, Erika, stepped outside to her car for a minute and when she looked back, the house was engulfed in flames...

This just doesn't sound right.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yeah, try that with a cat.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It don't get any better. I just know Polo will be waiting at Rainbow Bridge as well!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I was hoping it was a pit bull they cannot catch a break

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
RIP Polo!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I will take a dog over people any day of the week

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Hats off to such a special dog! We are grateful for his courage and loyalty.

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I suspect the who domesticated who may be backwards....

[quote=AcesNeights]Living life without a dog can be done but it's no life worth living. [/quote

Well, that may by excessive, but that dog-sized hole in our lives when we lost Tripper Lab in 30 hours last October to a ruptured liver tumor is sure persistent.

Spoiling the neighbor's dogs here just isn't the same, but logistics for getting another of our own before leaving Kotzebue is too much trouble for our travel and jobs. Not really fair to the dog either. Not to mention the "no dog" clause in our rental contract - Trip was grandfathered. (Pretty sure the right dog could get us around that- the landlords are suckers for dogs also. smile. )

But that is first and second on the list when we return to our permanent home on the Kenai Pen.? Probably a couple rescue dogs - a lab and dachshund. Not the list part- just the choice part.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Las, I certainly understand the logistics of owning s dog, I've gone periods of time when it wasn't practical but the fact you had Tripper means you know the importance they serve in a mans life. You're light years ahead of those that never had the pleasure of such a loyal companion.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
The quality of life is certainly vastly improved with a good dog involved. Even if there is dog hair everywhere.

As to the original article referenced it doesn't get any more poignant than that.

When my first son was born I had a 6 year old lab, acquired at 10 weeks ,a year before i met the wife. Tuvaaq was so disgusted with that baby he would not look at him or acknowledge him in any way, but the softest/ best place to lay was never more than a couple feet from the kid...

Cracked us up.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Polo was good as any dog......better than most men.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,632
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.