I'm posting this is case anyone would like to copy this way to quickly set up an Oehler 35 P chrongraph. Many people talk about the time it takes to set one up. I found that once I got the drill down, it wasn't so bad. But when I moved Colorado a couple of years ago and joined a new gun club, I found a great arrangement.

There is a horizontal metal rail with holes drilled at precise 2-foot intervals. These work with the bolts on the bottom of the "eyes", and you can select the pair of holes you want to use. Here is the rail:

[Linked Image]

And here is the Oehler mounted:

[Linked Image]

To eliminate some of the wobble from the supplied wingnuts, I replaced them with washers and a nut and added a piece of scrap wood as you can see here:

[Linked Image]

I simply drop the chronograph rail in two holes and then use a couple of small clamps to steady everything as you can see here:

[Linked Image]

As suggested in the materials that came with the chronograph, I have taped the three cords together at intervals so that is easy to handle. I never disassemble the rail. I don't use the case that was supplied. I put all the small items (braces, light screens, chronograph unit, etc. in a small case.

When I get to the range, I mount and clamp the rail, install the braces and light screens, run the cords back to the bench, and I'm ready to go. It's much faster than dealing with two tripods.

Some of you might want to do something similar at your private or club range. If I were doing one at a private range, I would probably use a couple of treated 4x4 posts and mount a 1x4 or 2x4 as the horizontal member.

Al

Spend your life wisely.