Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Land Surveyor.

Retired one year ago yesterday!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm retired from the telecommunications business. I've been a custom knife maker since 2002.

Harry
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Carpenter.....25 years and still going.

Don't let the name fool Ya!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have done a number of things... in college, worked summers in fab shops, running the bandsaw, deburring, forklift, etc. After college worked in aeronautics first as a tech writer, writing the manuals for an aircraft being type-certified, then in prototyping and building several major devices to go on the aircraft. Got into machining at that time, mostly mill work. Then ran a professional recording studio for about 15 years. That was fun, but really hard work... Did a stretch as a realtor, got my ass handed to me by the 2007 crash. Liquidated my studio assets, bought machines, and now run a small one-man machine shop doing short-runs, prototyping, inventor support, etc. Have been doing that for, I guess, 5 years. 80% lathe work. Love it and it pays good.

These last couple years I built a house, solo. Has been fun, very hard work at times, but very rewarding and the house is square, plumb, and level (because I'm OCD about that kind of shït) and pretty darn nice if I say so myself. Goal was low maintenance going forward (I'm 51) so we spent the money on really good materials. Fun stuff. Did it all myself, electrical, plumbing, roof, all of it. I hate plumbing. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't even know where to start. I tend to get bored and move on after I get good at an occupation.
Well in chronological order of the careers I've been paid for...
Farmer.
Welder (all trades).
Auto and light mechanic.
Factory maintenance guy.
Project coordinator (engineer without a degree) for a large manufacturing factory and maintenance super.
Owner/operator for heavy equipment business (self employed).
Now I'm in the process of adding a large addition to my shop to do more heavy equipment mechanicing when my regular business gets slow.

Oh, I trade stocks in my spare time. That's paying for my new shop.

Added: Rentals. I rent out a bunch of property to.

Last edited by White_Bear; 08/21/16.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

11 years as an 8th grade American History teacher and the last 2 years I've taught at the alternative school grades 6-12. This is my 16th year as a middle school football coach.

Growing up I worked with dad as a mechanic, ran some equipment, hammered a few nails, charged for welding by the pound smile , and a few other things.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spent the 1st 30 some years of my life on a dairy farm. About 28 years now in machine shops, 20 or so in Aircraft as a CNC Programmer. Looking forward to that not working occupation in a couple years.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have done a lot of things, some of them well. I was a locksmith then a machinist for most of my working life.

Now I am your worst enemy, I do nothing and collect government money for doing it. I get SS and I am rated by the VA as a 100% service connected disabled.

An honourable man would end his life rather than be a burden on your working guys. Guess I am not honourable.

But then I married a single mon and we all know what stupid bitches they are.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Worked in a grocery store in High School years, then joined the Air Force, and was a Loadmaster on C-130's ( 2 years in Vietman ) for four years.
Now retired 14 years, was a Steamfitter for 32 years. Worked on installation and repair of large ammonia refrigeration systems (4 - 16" suction lines, and up to 12" liquid lines)
Also York Turbopak low temp R-12 systems down to -100*f with 4" liquid lines in chemical plants.

Loved the work, but long hours ( up to 140 hour weeks) took their toll.
Lots of body parts hurt, or don't work at all today...

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Just quit ( retired) from farming last fall.Just enjoying not having to worry about much now. ED K

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did a few things, none of which would be helpful to anybody here. Now retired.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wait for direct deposit.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Retired. Used to be important to some people, now just a bum

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Been a cowboy my whole life. Custom saddle maker for the last 35 years. Oh yeah I drove a dirt truck for 10 months one time lol. Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Done a lot of things. Used to hate to submit resumes to potential employers or clients as I figured the first thought that they would have was, "Can't this guy keep a job"?

Mostly retired now (I still have one consulting contract). Professionally, I am wildlife/range/conservation biologist. Taught at two universities, worked for a couple of state agencies and three nonprofits. Managed two ranches for owners who were conservation-oriented. Been a natural resources consultant for the last twelve years, and I will terminate my last client contract at the end of 2017, if the good Lord lets me live that long.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I ran a cash register in one of my uncles grocery stores for one winter.

First and only time working with women.
(luckily it was a college town...)

They were great coworkers.....grin

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Was an underground coal miner, section foreman. Continous miner operator operator.

Industrial services for the last 30 years, commisioning plants and pipelines. Industrial blaster for a few years, removing slag from boilers and refractory from reactors etc.

Now I work on airpolution equipment, oxidizers and catalytic reactor and the like. some of thr catalytic convertors are the size of high school gym. WE all know hoe expensive the cat is for acar/pickup, guess what one holding 5,k yards of cat costs to replace.
I Developed a way to regen the cat in situ , with biodegradeable chems.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Civil Engineer. Worked in commercial construction until it got so bad I decided I'd had enough. Now I work for the Dept of Transportation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I manufacture and sell social lubricant and wellness tonic.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I joined the Navy right out of high school, and I've been doing that for 28 years. Right now, I'm commanding a helicopter squadron in Jacksonville.

I'd like to make it about six more years, and then I'll collect retirement and hunt full time.

Chris
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (35, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 5 invisible), 1,154 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,685
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.