Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Some of them owned slaves so I figure its only a matter of time before they are eradicated from textbooks and vilified..

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They were obviously misogynistic since there were no founding Mothers..

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The Founding Fathers have been blamed for decades in public schools and universities around the Nation. Its just been accelerated during the last 8 years and will be turbo-charged during the next 8 years.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
that would be line with what's happened so far. let's see, the confed battle flag got banned, then Dixie could no longer be played. now the Star Spangled banner and the US Flag is under attack.

so, yes, the potential of what you are suggesting is probable.

oh, a lot of confederate statues have been taken down too. the revision of history is well underway. the next thing one knows they'll start telling the school children in gov't run schools that we won the vietnam war.

SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
my kids know and are taught more about MLK, jackie robinson, rosa parks etc, than they do about anyone from 1776

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
They have a lot of stuff to destroy to get rid of the Founders. I suppose they will joyfully accept the task. More likely, they will expend a lot of time and energy vilifying the Founders before taking things down. Sort of like getting an appetizer before the main course.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Its already happening. Just look at the current text books and even our currency. All they have to do is teach the next generation whatever narrative they choose and they will have won the battle.

How many people do you know that drop their kids off at school, pick them up, let them do their homework, and never review or question the curriculum? One of our biggest crisis and faults for the current situation were / are parents who are content to let the system raise their children instead of actually being a parent.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
the next thing one knows they'll start telling the school children in gov't run schools that we won the vietnam war.
No, they would never give the impression democracy succeeded against communism, particularly to the children.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Some of them owned slaves so I figure its only a matter of time before they are eradicated from textbooks and vilified..

John Calhoun, the father of southern secession and the so-called "state's right's theory" of government (in which the rights of government and governmental units called "states" are superior to the natural rights of human beings), stood four-square with today's radical Left in rejecting the Constitution and the natural law principles on which it was founded. Calhoun himself called the self-evident truth proclaimed in the Declaration (that all men are equally human and therewith entitled to equal treatment by the law) a "self-evident lie". Calhoun held that the Founding itself was deeply flawed (because the Constitution itself was equivocal on the issue of whether slavery was a positive moral good or a positive evil while the principles of the Declaration condemned chattel slavery). Hence, the Founders themselves were flawed since they were the source of the Constitution and Declaration that Calhoun himself saw as fundamentally flawed, each in its own way. Calhoun was as disdainful of the Founders as Howard Zinn and Barak Obama themselves.

In short, there is a constant, on-going battle in this country to maintain the primacy of the Constitution and its founding doctrines as the guarantors of the "blessings of Liberty" (and therewith, limited government) as they were conceived and understood by the Founders but the battle isn't fought only against the Left.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 08/30/16.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
rob jordan, basically i agree with your contentions as portrayed by individuals who make up our past history.

a lot of folks are coming to the point to believe, or at least accept what the supreme court judges and their henchman says about, or in interpretation of the constitution as the only truth. in other words, the truth travels with us.

the constitution did occur or manifest at one point in time, some 200 years ago. we have the supreme court that has traveled with us, and even politically appointed?

so, now sharia law is knocking on the door. oh, it ain't here. the door is still serving as a barrier. but, i hear tell the followers of that rationale don't like interest rates, etc. etc.

so, who get's to decide? maybe the red chinese have important inputs? i mean there's 7 billion people walking around down here on the globe and about a third go to bed hungry every nite. but what does it all mean?

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RickyD
the next thing one knows they'll start telling the school children in gov't run schools that we won the vietnam war.
No, they would never give the impression democracy succeeded against communism, particularly to the children.

well yeah. but pls remember that johnson was a demo, and had visions of the great society, guns & butter both and all at once.

johnson's demo ldrshp allowed us to educate the vietnamese to a higher standard of living, and greater income to the peasants.something the French catholics never allowed during their occupation of the viet countryside which led to the unpleasant outcome.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If the old saying "History is written by the victors." is true, then where does that leave us now?

The losers?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Point is, time spent on learning about the fathers, Patrick henry, revere,,etc is minimal now compared to that it used to be....instead we teach that Jackie Robinson had as much or more impact on our nation as George washington

Last edited by SAKO75; 08/30/16.

― George Orwell, 1984
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
historically, history is written by the victors. no doubt.

we're seeing an uprising related to openly showing the American flags displayed on the back of fire trucks, etc.

i think it's fair to say that history of a given people is always in the "process" of being written by the scribes paid for by various elements of the system

right now, a bunch of alternative positions are beginning to float toward the publishing elements of the book publishers. and books have to sell if a company remains in business.

we're in a state of flux, no doubt. back when i was a young and patriotic 21 year old, i thought the federal gov't owned each and every one of us, with no argument coming from us individuals lest we go to jail. johnson was backing that concept to keep the rank & file in line.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
How long before they put Yo-bama on Mount Rushmore ?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (17CalFan, 222Sako, 1234, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 3,167 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,707
Posts18,534,829
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.