Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well on my trip to Alaska couple weeks ago my vortex 10-42 diamondbacks binos broke in half.. I had these things since 2013 I used them but not abused them. Anyhow sent them in on 6 September get an email on the 13th from vortex with a tracking number. I thought Leupold had excellent customer service but Vortex is right up their with them!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I actually like the razor line from Vortex, both binos and spotters. It's always interesting to me though that every time I go into Cabelas Ft Worth, and into the Bargain Cave, the case is full of refurbed vortex stuff. Not sure why.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I actually like the razor line from Vortex, both binos and spotters. It's always interesting to me though that every time I go into Cabelas Ft Worth, and into the Bargain Cave, the case is full of refurbed vortex stuff. Not sure why.

I originally bought these for a sheep hunt in Alaska and I compared them with binos up to the $500 dollar mark and they were the best I thought. Once I got into the HD's it was a different story but man I find it hard to spend that kind of money on binos yes call me a cheap ass. But now I'm seriously thinking about getting some of the HD's just for the better glass. So call me a reformed cheap ass smile

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 79S

I originally bought these for a sheep hunt in Alaska and I compared them with binos up to the $500 dollar mark and they were the best I thought. Once I got into the HD's it was a different story but man I find it hard to spend that kind of money on binos yes call me a cheap ass. But now I'm seriously thinking about getting some of the HD's just for the better glass. So call me a reformed cheap ass smile

Cheap Ass!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
8x42 Diamondbacks are stupid good for the money.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Really like my Razor HD spotter

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Originally Posted by 79S

Cheap Ass!

Don't you have a yellow Avalanche to fix

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Whenever you bring it by for me to fix for you. I'll take a Ruger Charger in trade for the work, and it better come with the magazine and bipod!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still trying to wear out my Viper 10x42, best truck bino ever.

Only recently has the hinge been slipping, but it has been warm. We will see if it tightens up when it gets colder.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Whenever you bring it by for me to fix for you. I'll take a Ruger Charger in trade for the work, and it better come with the magazine and bipod!

I heard that you and SM are going elk hunting together this year

IC B3

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I hear this a lot about Vortex. Great customer service but frequent failures. Obviously anything out there can break, but if I had a necessary piece of gear fail on an expensive hunt without me damaging or abusing it, I'm not going to be a happy camper.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I'm a Vortex scope user...along with an early pair of Razor 10-42

bins....have no problems with 'em...good stuff at good prices...

C/S is super !! I stay mid range on scopes...Diamondback HP's

on RF's is 'bout low as I go..HS-T's...PST's...Strike Eagle on AR..

here's my CZ 452 17M2 with DB HP 3-12.......

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, you were in Alaska and your binos broke in half? And you're happy about it?

It's really sad how the "free" Chinese warranty has replaced rugged American goods.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higbean
So, you were in Alaska and your binos broke in half? And you're happy about it?

It's really sad how the "free" Chinese warranty has replaced rugged American goods.

I wasn't happy but I had another pair to use.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gatogrizz27
I hear this a lot about Vortex. Great customer service but frequent failures. Obviously anything out there can break, but if I had a necessary piece of gear fail on an expensive hunt without me damaging or abusing it, I'm not going to be a happy camper.

It wasnt expensive I hunt I'm a resident of ak and they broke when we were on our way out. Most expensive part of the hunt was my $469 plane ticket

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Vortex, like every other optics company sends all sorts of stuff, all sorts of places; writers, reviewers, trade shows, and even customer returns and warranty items...that pile gets big when you are the largest sports optics company... and Cabela's buys every piece generated...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They've done a great job marketing their stuff, that's for sure.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I like Vortex binoculars just fine, haven't tried their spotting scopes. I'm not a fan of their scopes so much. Owned two Vipers before they were split into the HS and PST lines. They didn't break. My issue was the glass wasn't as good in low light to my eyes as some other comparably priced brands and the eye relief was pretty short.

I have a Razor Red Dot that I really like. In what you get for your money the Diamondback scopes seem pretty decent. The Crossfire and Viper lines of scopes just don't happen for me though. YMMV.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Love mine, most used tools I have

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've been considering trying one of their new Razor HD LH riflescopes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,807
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.