Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice fork.... 8 month season you idiots kill forks!!! Wow

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh but it's a " meat" buck I suppose???? Laffin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I would, but it would be way too much for you to comprehend, and an utter waste of time. So, I'll pass. LAUGHING

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not been a huge fan of the 1" on this power scope, but used 30s in the past, and have a VX-3i now, and no issues, good glass IME.

Lest others say other scopes are better in the eyebox, etc. I will not argue that, but I am not in a contest. This scope works for me for what I am using for, and again, no issues to complain of to date. I have a 3-10x40 1" and other scopes as well. This 4-14x40 30mm is what I chose for a particular rifle.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gzig5: I am not sure what you are going to be Hunting but I have used my Leupold 1" 4.5x14x40mm's for 20 plus years now and have as yet to find fault one with any of the ones I own.
I have used them for Prairie Dog Hunting, Whitetail Hunting, Rock Chuck Hunting, Antelope Hunting, Coyote Hunting, Mule Deer Hunting, Ground Squirrel Hunting, Elk Hunting, Bear Hunting and etc!
Again I have as yet to find fault one with any of them for any of these uses - by the way I have also used the Leupold 4.5x14x40mm's w/A/O for predator Hunting at night with spotlights - worked fine for me.
I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about when you posted "but the eyebox seemed a bit critical" - perhaps you did not mount the scope correctly?
I mount my 4.5x14x40mm's w/A/O where I get an instant full field of view AT ALL POWERS - not where the scope "looks good" or "in the middle of everything" or where I have to move my head to obtain full field of view.
Best of luck to you with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before using the 30mm LR/T models and current 30mm CDS, I had a 1" VX-3 Tactical A/O model, punched paper and deer - no issues other than over 10x at dusk the EP was small, a function of the power vs objective size, not quality. Though I have not compared a 1" Side by Side with a 30mm, I do feel the 30 is an improvement, perhaps marginal, but a subtle improvement I will take.

I agree on the above post on the mounting of any scope. When one simply focuses on using their gear as a tool, and not trying to analyze or compare it to something else, one often realizes things work fine. I run a 6x33mm which is not as generous as a 36 or 42, but as many a 2-7x33 fans will attest, they have no issues with a 33 objective scope.

Scopes will always be subjective in choice, due to eyesight being a variable, as well as all other factors ie. how one uses it, the rifle, lighting conditions, intended target/game, etc. It pays to "see" for oneself to decide options, but threads like this will often point folks in a good direction wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have suffered'em(4.5-14x) in 1" with and with/without A/O in 40mm and 50mm with...as well as 40 and 50mm obj side focus 30mm's tubes,wearing M1's. All sucked ass in comparison,to others in the Reupold roundup,as their glaring shortcomings/concessions do not require anything other than a nano second and a first fhuqking clue to reliably discern.

Cain't know anyone who has ever suffered one and retained it for anything other than giggles,due their inherent sucktitude. They do not hold zero,do not track and shift miserably when zoom actuated. Though in fairness,their eyebox and wavering eye relief are funny too. Pardon my shooting 100's of scopes and having had more Reupolds than all here bolted together. Hint.

The 4.5-14x in any/all guise(s) is easily amongst the biggest pieces of fhuqking schit,that Reupold has yet to "offer". If they were worth a fhuqk,I'd simply drive a herd. Hint.

Take a dozen rifles of like blueprint out,which wear a smattering of differing glass,then let folks cypher through 'em...and the 4.5-14x is ALWAYS gonna be at the bottom most rung. That tossing the courteous assumption,that the participants have 17 IQ points or better.

There is simply NOTHING "redeeming" in regards to the parcel,no matter the configuraion and a 6x MQ will simply slap the fhuqking schit out of it,in all regards. Hint.

Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. 'Course,I'm gunnin' all of it upon exceptionally fabulous rifles and a via mad skeelz. If only in fairness to boot,I've had/have every glass thus far mentioned in this Thread and a fhuqk load of a lot,that ain't been cited (yet).

Hell...I prolly even have had a few Reupold 6X's in differing objective flavors,tube diameter flavors and parallax adjustment means. I mean to only include 6x33,6x36,6x42 non A/O. 6x42 A/O(1/8" and 1/4" both),as well as MK4 M3 6x with OEM BDC and Custom MOA turrets both. Hint.

Please "tell" me "more",as this "compelling" Testimony is never not a fhuqking hoot.

Laughing!

Wow +P++!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hell Big Stick is back? I might just have to visit this site more often again. His prose, composed, is a thing of complete and utter beauty. The ability to call a turd a turd is lost on most people. Not only will he call it a turd he's somehow able to dissect it and tell you everything that the turd layer ate in the last year. Meal for meal. Hint! LMAO!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have two of each...the 4.5-14x40 VX-III and the 30mm LR side focus.

One of the 1" tubes in on a CZ 452 17" threaded...of all the .22 rifles I've owned this combination is the all time favorite. Only thing that could make it better is ballistic drop reticle of some kind... Gun shoots little tiny groups and the scope is just the powder range needed for both short range and long range shooting. I regularly click from 50 to 100 to 200 and back again with no tracking problems... The other 1" was just taken off a Ruger 77 MKII 7.62x39 that was sold.. No problems with that scope either.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The two 30mm tube scopes are on a Savage Hog Hunter and a Ruger GSR both in .308. The one on the Savage has a Varmint Hunter reticle and the one on the GSR a B&C. Both are excellent scopes...track fine but are "larger" than their 1" counterpart...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Have had no problems with any of the scopes when it comes to eyebox issues...but like with any rifle/scope/mount interface what works for one person doesn't for anther...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems we all SEE things differently smile

Nice shooting there Bob, is that a factory set up? 17" CZ?

My 77/22 has a CPC reworked 10/22 HB, also at 17" - I like the length. And it also bugholes at 50 like yours.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have one of the hog hunters in 308. I use it with my suppressor with sub sonic loads. I sight in with 150 Sierra GameKings. Then when shooting 170 grain sub sonic loads, I click up to make subsonic's land on target. The Hog hunter is fun to shoot.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Veddy veddy intellesting.

The OEM CZ 452 rings puked in very rapid fashion.

[Linked Image]

Bob does rails better than anyone else and an extended 1913 with 25MOA connects alotta dots. Doubly so,when leaving the Reupold behind.

[Linked Image]

The MQ reticle with Camp Run AE and a 50yd zero at low tide on The Milford,will grant the 285yd line,less touching anything. I hear through The Grapevine,that arranging 700yd+ POA/POI correlations are easily arranged,with a 75MOA Bob rail. Hint.

'Course I'm not talking Improved Cylinder 50yd "groups". Someone needs some serious help in measuring groups. Re-hint. Laffin'!

4.5-14x Goat Fhuqkery is farrrrrr from being "subjective". 'Nother hint.

Never have seen a 77/22 either. Their bane being inclination,especially with a Reupold. Again...pass the 10 Mils on the reticle as an opening move. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Curious thing is,the MQ is a great fit on all 77/22's,according to the rumors I've heard.

[Linked Image]

A zero stop prolly ain't horrid to "suffer".

[Linked Image]

Seems like it'd be nice on a 17 Whizzum too.

[Linked Image]

'Course it's never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Hint.

Laffin'!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

365 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 34 invisible), 1,891 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,117
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.