Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
can't fight technology

got a message popped up on my phone from amazon saying my canoe seat was delivered at 4:11PM dropped off on my front porch

ok, cool - I was in the workshop around back and go get it later on.

About 2 hours later I go out front and don't see anything so I double check my phone.

oh well - I figured they just got a little anxious about it and it will come tomorrow

Postman drops a package off at the door today and I meet to see if its my canoe seat, nope - some stupid crap my wife ordered so I asked him if he dropped off a package yesterday, told him the story and he said yesterday was my day off, another guy had his route - and he kind of rolled his eyes when he was talking about the guy. Asked me to get my tracking number and check online

So he leaves, I do, says the same thing - 4:11 dropoff on my front porch so now I'm thinking some neighborhood punk stole my stuff but because a punk broke into my sons car about a year ago I bought a surveillance system. But just to check, I call the post office and ask the guy who answers to check on my tracking number.

called them up, asked me to wait, comes back on the line and says the postman told him he dropped it off, remembered that it was a big package and he left it at the front door. Gives my address and then tells me there's been a rash of theft in my neighborhood.

OK, fine , now I'm gonna have to figure out who stole it.

Go to check the video and I see that at 3:06pm, the postman pull up in his toy jeep, drops off my mail and doesn't get out of the car, turns around in my driveway and leaves. No package, nothing. He feet don't touch the ground.

So that's where I am now.

I'm going to make a cordial phone call in the morning and let the post office know they are mistaken. I don't want get into a pissing contest with them - sumbitch will drive by and just throw my mail into the yard or something, but I want my damn canoe seat.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/22/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I would give him one chance to make it right, not disclosing I had him on tape, then file a police report.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/22/16.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That sounds like a pending big deal. Postal inspectors and all. Is the guy just mistaken or did he take it? Maybe the shadow knows.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Video is a wonderful thing.......Can't argue about what is in front of your eyes. grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I figured he dropped it off at another house by mistake

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Not sure how I can get them serious about it without mentioning the tape though.

Guy on the phone clearly thinks its dropped off on my front porch and it was stolen.

I'm gonna be mad as hell if someone is sitting in my canoe seat right now.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/22/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would have to call them on it with video in hand. Likely they would then say that no one ever told you it was dropped off.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Post A picture of your dinner. That's what the rest of the ladies would do on face book.
Funny😏

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
If he's stealing from you, he's also stealing from your neighbors.

Let the police, or postal inspectors, be the one's to show up with the video in hand.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I would give him one chance to make it right, not disclosing I had him on tape, then file a police report.

I wouldn't give him that chance. I would go straight to the U.S. Postal Inspector's Office. If this guy has ripped you off, he's doing it to others.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
well, I'm not gonna jump right to the guy being a thief.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Lol never attribute to deviance that which can be explained by total incompetance. I think that's how the saying goes.

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think I'm gonna wait and flag down my regular guy tomorrow and give him the what's what - see if he can handle it and my package suddenly appear on Saturday.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That should be an interesting conversation...."By the way KFWA has surveillance video and you're in it, but not on the porch. And he was wondering what the Inspectors' phone number is".

Retired cat herder.

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
yea, at least it won't involve his supervisor though.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Been a mailman 31 years.lots can go wrong but a lot of new employees stealing. It's no longer difficult to get a job at PO. Hell if you apply and have a clean drivers license your in. We have had to fire several in the past couple years for stealing. Now our tracking system will tell you exactly what porch and what time it was placed on the porch plus what mailman delivered it. So no bull#^/## on where it was put.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like left on the wrong porch would be the most likely answer.

But maybe I have more faith than I should in the honesty of our mail delivery guys.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Can't get hired at the post office unless youre an ignorant fat, mouthy black female. Had one a few months back wouldn't help me with a church care package I was sending to Sri Lanka.

I needed help with some sort of country code. She insisted "erry place gots a zip coe eeeben shree lunka"
What a dumb-mass, I told her she needed a geography lesson. I just got on Google looked it up my damn self.

Useless POS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My mail lady is a sweetheart but the other day She took a day off and the new replacement did not even run the route. Sent the regular lady a text about work time that She did not have gas to deliver the mail. Regular lady was out of town, so no mail. She was not happy. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Where I used to live they were so lazy they would leave boxes at the PO and just put a card in my mailbox saying they attempted delivery and no one was home, so have to pick up at the PO - caught 'em doing this several times, but no one cared to listen. I hate the fuggers... Yeah, not all are bad, but enough to make dealing with the PO nothing but misery for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I said my mail-lady is a sweetheart. She delivered my package bees even though She is highly allergic to a bee sting. I told Her not to, but She insisted that it was Her job. I would have gladly went to the post office to ensure Her health. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,679
Posts18,513,358
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.