Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I don't hate the US energy producers - I just want the US to drain the Arabs dry before using our reserves..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I read that in this AM's newspaper. Good news again. Give it time JG...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a tremendous amount of manufacturing in this country that supports energy production. It's not just guys in a field getting dirty drilling wells. Houston reminds me a lot of Detroit, when the Motor City was busy and productive - manufacturers and suppliers on every street it seemed, and all making jobs for Americans. Or at least Houston reminded me of Detroit, before the current bust. Lots of houses for sale in my neighborhood.

We export some stuff to the middle east, but much comes from Europe & Asia. So using Arab oil doesn't create as many jobs in this country.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
I don't hate the US energy producers - I just want the US to drain the Arabs dry before using our reserves..

my view has always been to drain the foreigners of their oil, before we ever tap into our supply.

it seems the thought process has shifted. let's do the oil thingy, and shut the foreign competitors out.

politics makes for some strange bedfellows.

i suppose we are looking at things in the short-run now?

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Yup, good news. I saw where Anadarko is planning to increase their rig count in the Delaware Basin too. Very good news.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drill baby, drill!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Gus

my view has always been to drain the foreigners of their oil, before we ever tap into our supply.

it seems the thought process has shifted. let's do the oil thingy, and shut the foreign competitors out.

Gus and CEJ,

A whole bunch of the oil in the United States is NOT "ours." It is privately owned.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus and CEJ,

A whole bunch of the oil in the United States is NOT "ours." It is privately owned.

fine. i'm all for private ownership. let the oil ownership sell to the highest bidder. we as a country will continue to deal with the issues that we are facing.

my point was that as a nationalisic policy (ever heard of trump?), let our enemies & potential enemies sell their oil supplies into the marketplace, and then as their supplies grow low (or expensive), we'll pick up the slack. that's both the private & gov't lO's here in the Us, and let's include canada & mehico. no need in leaving good friends unable to gain access to the table.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Get them back here in Pa. Lots of jobs and people spending money locally helping out everyone ,just a couple of years ago.now place is dead,a job here and there but not like it was. Nice to see money being made and spent locally. Hell farmers who barely survived for years working 7 days a week, we're driving around in 40k pickups just as a right off because of 7 figure signing bonuses and royalty checks.Very nice to see s#/!# like that,they deserved it

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we let the foreign countries drain their oil first:

A) We will have a huge trade deficit sending billion$ overseas

B) We won't have any industry or skilled workers to design, fabricate, install and operate oil fields in our country. You can't have a skilled work force without jobs to support it, and it would be impossible to start one from scratch. If US and European oil field workers and service companies pulled out of the Middle East, Africa and South America those fields would be in a rapid decline.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Great news JG. cool

Trump Won!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's a helluva dilemma isn't it? when we start draining the available oil resources from the earth, the last pumpers would hold an advantage. but, who wants to wait a day or two for a profit?

maybe pump it till it's gone is the best alternative. then we can go solar at about five times the cost. but, that's progress, and that's were we are. no problem with me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think we will ever run out of oil. A lot of folks think it's being made all the time. It not from dead dinosaurs. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am not against oil.

I am for ALL energy.

Its nonsense to be for one type of energy, and against another.

I am MAGA.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Good news but I recently read a report (from Forbes magazine I think) that Saudi Arabia has bought one of our largest refineries and is in the process of buying another one. They will also take ownership of Shell oil in the near future. I'll try to find the article. Obama and the Clintons must be getting millions in bribe money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Americans new supply of oil is Canada. We don't want to piss them off.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by victoro
Good news but I recently read a report (from Forbes magazine I think) that Saudi Arabia has bought one of our largest refineries and is in the process of buying another one. They will also take ownership of Shell oil in the near future. I'll try to find the article. Obama and the Clintons must be getting millions in bribe money.

Rubbish. Shell and Saudi Aramco have agreed to end their 50/50 relationship called Motiva. They, the Saudi's, are taking over full ownership of the Motiva Port Arthur Refinery, Shell will take over full ownership of the Convent and Norco Louisiana refineries with various distribution, gas stations sorted in the deal. Taking over Shell, recall this is Royal Dutch Shell not the piddly Shell US most know as Shell in the US, is more than rubbish. This from a 30+ year recent Royal Dutch Shell retiree.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have two nephews working down there as engineers. Its amazing the science and technology that has developed over the years. The "peak oil" scare tactics of the greenies has been shattered completely.

The simple matter is that Trump will promote energy and put a damper on the EPA.
HRC will limit as much as she can, forcing people to use wind and solar and giving out billions in subsidies and tax credits.

The contrasts in the election are stark and will send the Country profoundly in one direction or another.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I have two nephews working down there as engineers. Its amazing the science and technology that has developed over the years. The "peak oil" scare tactics of the greenies has been shattered completely.

The simple matter is that Trump will promote energy and put a damper on the EPA.
HRC will limit as much as she can, forcing people to use wind and solar and giving out billions in subsidies and tax credits.

The contrasts in the election are stark and will send the Country profoundly in one direction or another.

Damn close to spot on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (1_deuce, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 26 invisible), 1,974 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,621
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.