Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by readonly

North Carolina is an open carry state. The cops saw him carrying a gun, when they were looking for somebody else in an matter that did not involve this guy in anyway. There has never been any indication that he was illegally carrying, or that he pointed the gun at anybody, just that he refused to put it down when they told him to. What right did they have to tell him to put it down if he had done nothing wrong? How do they come to shoot him for not following an order that probably wasn't legal? How is this not a 2nd Amendment issue?

seems they may have had every right in the world,...

.... a guy arrested 14 times in 3 states with several felony convictions for weapons and violence ....( shamelessly scalped off of JJHack's excellent post)

Now a 2 A issue ?

Might occur to the un biased that some of the cops KNEW the guy, from previous encounters.

Calm down,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

. . . There has never been any indication that he was illegally carrying, . . .

The guy is was a convicted felon.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup Greg that's the part they are playing down. That information appeared in paragraph 32+ in several major newspapers.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by byc
Technically, you do whatever law enforcement tells you to do. NO matter your color or status.

Fight your cause in court!! You will live longer.

Exactly!!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Guy's,

I've been a member of this site for awhile. .....mostly for the love of handloading and hunting....I know how the ball bounces here........being 'black'....

Had I killed everyone that I thought was a terrorist or wanted to kill me after I told them to put down their AK, SVD, or RPK..I'd be under the prison.

Now put your twist on that!

'Keep your powder dry'
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Slim_Sr
Guy's,

I've been a member of this site for awhile. .....mostly for the love of handloading and hunting....I know how the ball bounces here........being 'black'....

Had I killed everyone that I thought was a terrorist or wanted to kill me after I told them to put down their AK, SVD, or RPK..I'd be under the prison.

No twist required. When a cop gives an order, you comply. If everything is hunky dory, all is well. If you don't comply, things will go poorly. This is much worse if you are a felon with an illegal weapon who refuses to follow an order. Is that a difficult concept? Sure, it's a pain in the butt, and riles you, but the cop has a reason to do what he is doing. It is simple. Comply.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

North Carolina is an open carry state. The cops saw him carrying a gun, when they were looking for somebody else in an matter that did not involve this guy in anyway. There has never been any indication that he was illegally carrying, or that he pointed the gun at anybody, just that he refused to put it down when they told him to. What right did they have to tell him to put it down if he had done nothing wrong? How do they come to shoot him for not following an order that probably wasn't legal? How is this not a 2nd Amendment issue?

2nd Amendment doesn't matter. ......He was illegal! !!!

Carrying is not brandishing.

Was he brandishing? If so, the police command was not illegal.

Americans First!
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
The police were there serving a warrant on someone else and saw Mr Scott outside his vehicle with a gun. If they are there serving a warrant and see someone with a handgun, I'd think it's in their best interest to make sure he's wasn't an accomplice or threat to them. Mr Scott then got back in his vehicle with the gun and when police broke the windows he exited the vehicle. He may or may not have pointed the gun at officers at that point. He was told no less than a dozen times to drop the gun. You've got to be some kind of stupid or have a death wish to not comply when cops have weapons drawn screaming to you to drop it.

Sad that it ended in a loss of life but it really sounds as if he gave them no other choice.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Sad that it ended in a loss of life but it really sounds as if he gave them no other choice.

It is damn sad. Doesn't matter if the guy was Black , White, Yeller, or Red, HE is the one who decided his own fate, to bad he decided to die that day.

There is a song that Madison Rising performs "Before The Hyphens Came"

Keywords in this song....."We were all Americans before the hyphens came".

Damn sad this song was ever written.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wife's video shows me absolutely nothing. She makes her
husband out to be brain-damaged.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guy's,

Are you talking about military duty or a law enforcement officer?

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What I'll put on it, twist wise, is that almost every situational shoot that has been like this, would have NEVER started if the idiot that was shot did not start the situation by some illegal act of theirs.

I'm not saying you need to be shot for speeding, but in the end, you are the one that started the [bleep] and I've about no sympathy for you at all.

Just like a drunk getting shot trying to go home to the wrong house. Your fault your problem not mine.

Amazingly enough no one, to this point that I can recall, in my family or my wifes family, have ever had any of these kind of situations happen to us....s

Though it may have something to do with trying best to follow the rules and when "pulled over" following the rest of the common sense rules. And that second part might even be the reason that I have not recieved a ticket in probably 30 years for any traffic violation although I was obviously at fault them.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by poboy
Wife's video shows me absolutely nothing. She makes her
husband out to be brain-damaged.

If you start out with a lower than average I.Q., couple that with quitting school and than add to that, years of abusing drugs and alcohol and you have the makings of a dis orientated, slow to respond individual who is more than likely to make a poor decision.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Where does this notion that police have to piggy back ride every idiot jumping off a ledge come from?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's become very simple....if you have a gun the cops can shoot you dead. They'll sort it out after you're cold and stiff and your family will get a settlement, the cop may or not be fired or allowed to resign only to be rehired by another agency but in the end you're still dead. You don't even have to point the weapon at them, the mere sight of a gun is enough reason to kill you.

Just ask Jack Yantis.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It's become very simple....if you have a gun the cops can shoot you dead. They'll sort it out after you're cold and stiff and your family will get a settlement, the cop may or not be fired or allowed to resign only to be rehired by another agency but in the end you're still dead. You don't even have to point the weapon at them, the mere sight of a gun is enough reason to kill you.

Just ask Jack Yantis.

Was this guy a drunk prick with a known temper too? We already know both their criminal history.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Is that the new standard for execution? If being a drunk prick is reason for the cops to be in a perpetual state of fear then they truly are bigger pusssies than originally known. There will be a lot of dead cops and gay funerals.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by quote
When a cop gives an order, you comply.

What if he gives you an order that is in direct opposition to your Constitutional rights...?
Sure, it's a pain in the butt, and riles you, but the cop has a reason to do what he is doing.

Sometimes that "reason" is nothing more than he's bein' a prick.
It is simple. Comply.

Good thing it wasn't that "simple" to those who founded this country.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Is that the new standard for execution? If being a drunk prick is reason for the cops to be in a perpetual state of fear then they truly are bigger pusssies than originally known. There will be a lot of dead cops and gay funerals.

Nah, just that drunk pricks and those who can't obey simple commands seem to find themselves shot when pointing guns at cops lately and at least three parts of that equation are easily remedied.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Guy's,

Are you talking about military duty or a law enforcement officer?

Good question.

also, if every cop shot everyone that gave them legal and justifiable reasons to do so there would be a LOT more dead in the street.

MAGA
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 65 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,474
Posts18,529,511
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.