Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Just had my annual physical. I was not asked if I had any firearms in my home.

NRA Patron
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
When questions like that are asked by anyone other than the police, I always answer no. There is no law that requires you to answer truthfully to those questions. If it is the police asking those questions, then you have to answer honestly. But you can answer that it is none of your business. The only time I was asked by the police was when stopped for speeding.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Just calmly answer "no" no need to become argumentive or confrontational. It's none of their business.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I get the distinct impression that responsible gun owners are more of a threat to society than kiddie diddlers in the eyes of the medical profession.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I don't answer 90% of anything on a questionnaire etc.

They need my name and insurance, the rest doesn't matter.

Then you must not have have any real medical problems. Good for you. My pain management doc has a detailed questionnaire I am required to fill out. Takes about 3 minutes. When I had a cardiology work up the questionnaire had lots of questions about activity, effort, can I run? How far, how fast? etc, etc.
I have however, never been axed about guns in the house.

Obviously if it's germane to the reason I'm at the doctor. I keep forgetting that I have to spell EVERYTHING out for the 'Fire.

I've never understood this one (check one):

Married Single Widowed Divorced

One is either married or single.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingfisher
You really want to see what we are up against.....go to Michigan Sportsman forum and read the comments by so called outdoor enthusiasts/hunters. So many are willing to give away the 2nd amendment just to get the free cheese, protected union pensions and paychecks its sickening. Best I can do is not financially support these type of sites anymore.

I do not go on said forum, but I do know of recent legislation enacted concerning firearms. The track record does not support this statement, regardless of what you may perceive from said forum........

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"The Government now requires these questions be asked of people on Medicare"

I've been on Medicare for almost 10 years and I've never been asked about guns although since Obamacare became law I've many other stupid questions.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
There are plenty of doctors who hunt. You need to find them. If none other, your ophthalmologist and optician must use shotguns and riflescopes.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
You freaking dunce. You know how few drs hunt?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Then lie.

Last edited by ringworm; 10/23/16.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I retired this past April at age 66, started social security and medicare and still haven't been asked anything about guns. At a routine physical a couple months ago my doctor asked me how I was enjoying my retirement. I told him; "It's great; I'm loving it", and that was about as close to asking about depression as he got, and that was the end of it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by victoro
"The Government now requires these questions be asked of people on Medicare"

I've been on Medicare for almost 10 years and I've never been asked about guns although since Obamacare became law I've many other stupid questions.

As a physician, there is no Medicare "requirement" to ask about guns in the home. The VA may have their own guidelines but I also doubt it is a requirement. If you are filling a controlled substance, any questions related to depression may be asked, of which access to firearms may be one of them.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I was asked once and replied, "I neither confirm or deny". That is the reply when someone (other than a cop) asks me if I'm carrying.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Good information.. We seldom visit a doctor, and have not been asked these questions.. But it is a local kid who is the doc.

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"ve never been asked any gun related question from a doctor, unless they want to know what the newest thing I bought is, or what I think about their newest purchase.

And I"m not seeking out docs like that, they come standard in our area of somewhat rural US.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never been asked about guns. And I spent a lot of time at the doc's this year. If they asked though, I would simply say "no". They have no right to this information.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd ask how answering that question is going to improve my health

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
One of the best responses I've heard was a gentleman who asked the individual who posed the question if anyone in the office had been provided training by their employer in the storage of firearms, firearms safety or firearms law. When the answer was no, he asked if their malpractice insurance carrier was aware they were asking questions of patients for which they had no specific training or expertise.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
We just moved here a couple of years ago, and had to hook up with a bunch of new physicians. I see a GP, ENT, dermatologist and opthomologist; wife sees Ob/Gyn, GP, Internist; Kids see pediatricians, allergist. All through the new patient sign-in process with all these different doctors we've never been asked anything about guns or about anything else not health-related. I still got back up North to my long-time dentist and the wife still goes up to hers. They both ask about guns sometimes...both are long-time hunting partners of mine. It's usually guns and dogs, that kind of stuff....

Mathew 22: 37-39

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by mart
One of the best responses I've heard was a gentleman who asked the individual who posed the question if anyone in the office had been provided training by their employer in the storage of firearms, firearms safety or firearms law. When the answer was no, he asked if their malpractice insurance carrier was aware they were asking questions of patients for which they had no specific training or expertise.
Love it... I hafta remember that one...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 54 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,780
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.