Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Bought a can yesterday and looked on the bottom of the can. It reads like this, partially produced with genetic engineering! How can you genetically engineer something that was supposedly caught in the ocean. WTH is the world coming to? King Oscar's next time.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What I don't understand is why the words "For Use As Raccoon Bait Only" aren't printed on all sardine cans; do they expect everyone to just be aware of that?

Last edited by 5sdad; 11/03/16.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keep in mind....soybean oil! (Soybeans that are not grown with resistance to specific herbicides are becoming scarce.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Obviously somebody doesn't like sardines......:)

I think the above is probably the answer, soybean oil. I doubt a commercial cannery would use anything but the cheapest oil they could find, and that would be GMO soybean oil.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
If you like sardines try (Manna) from Portugal. One of my favorites.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Ah, that's it. They are in soybean oil. Never tied the ones in mustard but the Louisiana hot sauce variety arent very good imho. Sardines in Sriracha I'm sure would be the ticket.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The best little fishes in a can come from Poland*

*For real not a Polack joke

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Had some Coles products in September. Have not looked them up here, probably have to order them but everything was top notchh that I tried of theirs

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Bought a can yesterday and looked on the bottom of the can. It reads like this, partially produced with genetic engineering! How can you genetically engineer something that was supposedly caught in the ocean. WTH is the world coming to? King Oscar's next time.

Prolly not caught in the ocean - fish farmed.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i eat a lot of sardines, and i'm not a raccoony, insofar as i know.

gmo's were designed, developed and introduced into the marketplace to help feed the world's burgeoning human population. we can't much afford to be so choicy anymore. well, some people can afford to, but most of us can't.

i think we've been engaged in genetic modification since about 20,000 years ago when the wolf agreed to enter into a contract with humans to live around the campfire, and eat left over scraps, burnt food, and to help the hunters find a worthy caribou to kill (& eat).

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Alamosa

Prolly not caught in the ocean - fish farmed.

Sardines are not farmed...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Keep in mind....soybean oil! (Soybeans that are not grown with resistance to specific herbicides are becoming scarce.)

Yup. Soybeans are a plant that has to start strong and healthy and stay that way or they just plow them under. Yields drop a lot of they are stressed, or so a MI bean grower friend says. GMO varieties do a lot better because of that.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Gus
i eat a lot of sardines, and i'm not a raccoony, insofar as i know.

gmo's were designed, developed and introduced into the marketplace to help feed the world's burgeoning human population. we can't much afford to be so choicy anymore. well, some people can afford to, but most of us can't.

i think we've been engaged in genetic modification since about 20,000 years ago when the wolf agreed to enter into a contract with humans to live around the campfire, and eat left over scraps, burnt food, and to help the hunters find a worthy caribou to kill (& eat).

If you want to drink Round Up, go right ahead. Not for me.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Other fish won't eat sardines.
They can't open the can..

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Never tied the ones in mustard

Then you ain't lived Brother!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You guys ever eat tomatoes? Corn? Hybrid anything? You think the differences between a Russet and a Yukon Gold potato aren't due to genetics? Genetics that were manipulated, selected, and grown to enhance.

Or do you think that seedless watermelon managed to reproduce that way by itself?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GMO food is designed to shorten your life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I only eat GMO veggies, bread with extra gluten, and my meat must have loads of antibiotics, and hormones.

Keeps a old guy healthy.

Oh, and I get my vitamins from my GMO Frosty Flakes.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats what happen when you get twin watermelons and one in female and one is male.

The female watermelon is called a Free Martin.

She is most likely barren, thus cannot have baby watermelons of her own.

Thats where seedless watermelons come from.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
...King Oscar's next time.

King Oscar's Double Layer are the only ones for me. grin

No mustard, hot sauce, or other crap. I want to taste Sardines.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (219 Wasp, 160user, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 65 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,838
Posts18,496,777
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.