Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
she thinks the shooting may have even been personal, citing past conflicts Grace Jr. had had with other employees at the restaurant.

What idiot pulls an armed robbery where everyone knows him?

Darwinism?

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If he was on the clock, the lawsuit will be filed against Pizza Hut.

Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
"If there was to be a death, it was not the place of the employee at Pizza Hut. That is the place of law enforcement,” said Hairston

laugh Bwahahahaha!

I lol'd over that little gem. Since when do negros support the police killing black criminals.

Since the taxpayers have deep pockets and some dude working at Pizza Hut does not. Lawsuits are no fun against minimum-wage earners.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The parents should be put in jail for raising their criminal son.
She should at least be sent a bill for the trouble. She should also be required to reimburse the employee for the replacement cost of however many rounds he wasted on her son.

I don't see any of it as being wasted.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pizza hut has a no guns policy for it's employees. This guy could be up a creek.

Pizza Hut employee breaks no weapons policy, stops armed robbery
11/01/16 | by Jennifer Cruz
Pizza Hut robbery

Pizza Hut has a no guns policy and it’s unclear at this point whether the armed employee will face disciplinary action. (Photo: WSOC-TV)

An attempted robbery at a Pizza Hut in Charlotte, North Carolina, early Sunday morning was thwarted by an employee who was carrying a gun of his own.

According to reports from local media, three suspects, at least one armed with a gun, broke into the restaurant around 1:40 a.m. The business was closed at the time and no customers were present, but employees were still there working.

Upon seeing the robbers, the armed employee, fearing for the safety of himself and others, opened fire, striking one of the suspects and sending the other two fleeing. Employees immediately called the police.

Paramedics responding to the call pronounced the suspect dead at the scene. He was later identified as 28-year-old Michael Grace, and officers recovered the handgun carried by him during the attempted robbery. There were no reports of anyone else being injured.

Authorities are still working to identify the other two suspects, who, as of late Monday, remain at large.

In response to the incident, Pizza Hut released the following statement:

The local Pizza Hut franchise is fully cooperating with the Charlotte Police Department as they continue their investigation, but want to stress that the security of its staff is of utmost concern. They are providing support to the team members involved to ensure their health and well-being following this incident. The employee involved in the shooting has been placed on a leave of absence following further review.

According to their employee handbook, Pizza Hut expressly prohibits the possession of any and all weapons, including guns. No exceptions are made for individuals with concealed carry permits or licenses.

The employee, whose name has not been released, is not facing any charges at this time, and Tony Scheer, a defense attorney and former prosecutor, told reporters it’s not likely that he will.

“It’s going to be a rare case that they want to do anything to the person that defended themselves to shoot somebody,” Scheer said.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If Black Live really Matter.... maybe instead of all of this protesting and looting, burning etc...maybe the time would be better spent, teaching their little Ghetto Gangster Wannabes, to quit robbing and trying to live a life of crime... and instead get out and get a job....

but that would be too easy....

then on the other hand, and employee stops a robbery and defends his fellow employees of getting hurt and what happens? The liberal left's emergency response team, immediately jumps into action and makes out the shooter is the villain and the afro robber is the victim.....

and there are enough brain washed idiots in our society, to believe this sort of Bullschitt...

Blacks that commit crimes, need to be deported back to Africa....even tho they have no clue where their ancestors came from, we'll give them the country in Africa of their choice... lets see how far their 'occupation' of crime gets them in their native roots world....

it'll never end until they are held accountable, their parents are held accountable...,its not like they didn't know JR was supporting himself in a life of crime...and the liberal left, needs to be shut down and consider an accomplice if they are busy painting the criminal as the victim...

play stupid games win stupid prizes...

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Pizza hut has a no guns policy for it's employees. This guy could be up a creek.

Or......Pizza Hut could be up a creek.....if they terminate his employment for defending himself.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I try and avoid Pizza Hut anyway, their pizza sucks; but if they hang this guy out to dry I'm for sure not eating there and I'll let them know it. I'm sure they're just shaking in their boots over it!

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought all Pizza places promised speedy delivery ......
1200 fps, whats the beef ???

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"If there was to be a death, it was not the place of the employee at Pizza Hut. That is the place of law enforcement,” said Hairston

Translation - "I ain't gonna git no money f'um da City if'n da po-leece din shoots ma kid! I wuz robbed a' my ghetto lotto!"

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Obongo had a son . . . .

[Linked Image]
The late Michael Grace Jr.'s folks and Obongo's son

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Was referring to the legality of terminating an employee after an act of self-defense.

This matter will eventually be hashed out in the courts. Many companies prohibit possession of any firearms in employee vehicles, while in their parking lot.

Not so sure those companies would win this one.....in the current edged environment.

Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I try and avoid Pizza Hut anyway, their pizza sucks; but if they hang this guy out to dry I'm for sure not eating there and I'll let them know it. I'm sure they're just shaking in their boots over it!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It would surely come down to jury selection.

Stupidity is expensive
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If there is a lawsuit brought I hope the guy that defended himself prevails. I'm fine with Pizza Hut taking it in the shorts over their no weapons policy.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Lets see. Lose a job at pizza Hut or maybe save my life or someone i work with. Pretty easy choice. Maybe a compitative pizza maker will gladly hire a guy who has a set of balls. ED K

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Working in an environment where armed robberies can/do occur......defending yourself with 'equal' force......cannot see Pizza Hut lawyers recommending termination, unless they want it legally hashed for all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pizza Hut and other stores have to have a no weapons policy to cover their ass in case an employee accidentally shoots a customer or other bystander during an otherwise justified shooting. Tort lawyers for the innocent victims would have a field day suing establishments for allowing employees to carry guns who weren't certified three ways from Sunday as "firearms trained security guards".

Whether they fire the employee or not depends on how much unfavorable publicity they expect to receive for doing so.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pizza Hut corporate offices are in Texas so I guess there's hope that they will back the employee on this.

I don't think Pizza Hut will want to pursue it, but their lawyers have to justify their jobs so who knows?

Stupidity is expensive
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
CCW permit holders are certified......for 'self'-defense. Not a blanket security guard......self-security.

Lawyers representing unarmed employees shot by armed perps would likely result in a similar case against Pizza Hut (given their no-weapons policy).

Reasonable self-defense in that environment would likely be a winner in court right now.

Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Pizza Hut and other stores have to have a no weapons policy to cover their ass in case an employee accidentally shoots a customer or other bystander during an otherwise justified shooting. Tort lawyers for the innocent victims would have a field day suing establishments for allowing employees to carry guns who weren't certified three ways from Sunday as "firearms trained security guards".

Whether they fire the employee or not depends on how much unfavorable publicity they expect to receive for doing so.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
A head shot isn't personal.
5 head shots may be though. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 22250rem
The link said it was an armed robbery so not only did the pizza guy perform a public service, but he did it in what looks like a clear-cut case of self defense. If that had happened in the U.K. the pizza guy would probably be up on a murder rap and get sued at the same time.
Almost certainly.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 56 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,659
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.