-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My company, as well as the companies we work for as a general contractor forbids the possession of firearms on company property or in company vehicles. I've often wondered what would happen to an employee who ignored these company rules and defended his life with deadly force against an armed perp, during the course of his work day. I've always thought the worst thing that could happen is one would be fired But I was looking for a job when I got this one, so who cares?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....

Natural selection at work.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
My company, as well as the companies we work for as a general contractor forbids the possession of firearms on company property or in company vehicles. I've often wondered what would happen to an employee who ignored these company rules and defended his life with deadly force against an armed perp, during the course of his work day. I've always thought the worst thing that could happen is one would be fired But I was looking for a job when I got this one, so who cares?

Your location says Oklahoma, you probably already know this, but employers are forbidden by law from banning firearms in vehicles parked on company property. They can ban them inside the buildings, but they can't keep you from having one in your private vehicle in their parking lot.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Pizza hut has a no guns policy for it's employees. This guy could be up a creek.

Or......Pizza Hut could be up a creek.....if they terminate his employment for defending himself.

companies fire guys like that every day, for violating company policy. This has always been backed up by the courts.

Sam......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
sounds like pizza dude hit the 10 ring on the first shot. he deserves 15 bucks an hour in my book.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Perhaps A court.....not THE court.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Pizza hut has a no guns policy for it's employees. This guy could be up a creek.

Or......Pizza Hut could be up a creek.....if they terminate his employment for defending himself.

companies fire guys like that every day, for violating company policy. This has always been backed up by the courts.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Where did this happen?

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by 22250rem
The link said it was an armed robbery so not only did the pizza guy perform a public service, but he did it in what looks like a clear-cut case of self defense. If that had happened in the U.K. the pizza guy would probably be up on a murder rap and get sued at the same time.

Or in Canada!!!

Dave
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The parents should be put in jail for raising their criminal son.
She should at least be sent a bill for the trouble. She should also be required to reimburse the employee for the replacement cost of however many rounds he wasted on her son.

I think no rounds were wasted.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I just love happy endings!!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
“This wasn’t a body shot. This was a head shot. My son was shot in the left side of his head just behind his ear. A head shot is personal,” said Hairston.

OK, Lady,....please lay out some guidelines as to allowable areas of armed thug's that can be targeted in an impersonal manner.

Center mass OK ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cotis
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....

Natural selection at work.

^^^This!^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I approve of that head shot.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
The guy must have used one of those teflon coated, armor piercing bullets for a single head shot to work laugh

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
"If there was to be a death, it was not the place of the employee at Pizza Hut. That is the place of law enforcement,” said Hairston

laugh Bwahahahaha!

I lol'd over that little gem. Since when do negros support the police killing black criminals.

And she needs to study a little:

The SCOTUS has already ruled that it is NOT the DUTY of Law Enforcement to protect and defend........

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
TWO others involved in the Robbery????

I do beleive SC is a Felony Murder state, hope they catch up with the other two, should be Capital Crime Charges waiting for them.......

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And just think, if BHO had a son, he would have looked something like Michael Grace, Jr.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
N he ha juss turn he life aroun, he wuz stud-e-in ta bee a rapper. crazy

If you're tired of having an appreciable need for oxygen, or can't do the time, quit breaking the fu-king LAW!

Trump Won!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by muffin
TWO others involved in the Robbery????

I do beleive SC is a Felony Murder state, hope they catch up with the other two, should be Capital Crime Charges waiting for them.......

Charlotte is in North Carolina.

One less pos to have to deal with when I have to go down there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He was probably a good Father who was only attempting to rob the Pizza Hut so that he could provide for his family.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,738 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,904
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.