Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 43 of 44 1 2 41 42 43 44
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I can't stop smiling. I've been up all night for the most part, but I feel great. I think I will watch The View for the first time ever. Whoopi should be foaming at the mouth.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Meanwhile, outside the Clinton Foundation...

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve
Hill not showing up for her 9:30 Speech. Hate to be on her SS detail this morning.
They are probably having to doge the occasionally thrown ashtray, or whatever throwable items might be within her reach at any given time.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
I can't stop smiling. I've been up all night for the most part, but I feel great. I think I will watch The View for the first time ever. Whoopi should be foaming at the mouth.
Time and channel??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a "C" note richer this AM...lovin it!

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

[Linked Image]

Do those things run at subpoena speed...??

Those older ones at the Rose Law Firm in Little Rock were pretty good.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Today, for the first time in 8 years I am proud of my country....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
Today, for the first time in 8 years I am proud of my country....

LOL. I saw what you did there. grin

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Carpe' Scrotum
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by hatari

I tried to reassure all of you, but nooo! "No Hatari, the fix is in. No Hatari, all women will vote for her. No Hatari, all the Latinos will vote for her. No Hatari, the country is lost!"

Nah, nah, nah! Reagan beleived inthe American people. Not even Black Americans, or Hispano- Americans or even Muslim - Americans who got their citizenship the hard way want to be ruled by a stone cold vendictive bitch!

Also, to all of those who doubted Trump (even me ar first): History shows us that desperate times often call forth a blunt instrument to battle for a righteous cause. Look at Winston Churchill, who was a braggard and and alcoholic who had a stained past (Galipoli). He was the right man for the job.

Yes, you did tell us.

I tried to tell 'em too, but got tired of the f u c k i n g pessimism and ill-informed political drivel. Still tired of it, actually.

I have little patience with the fools who are dancing and singing over this "great victory", too. This was not a great victory; it was a great election result. In a few short months Donald Trump is going to have to put rubber to road and prove he can do what he says he can do. Ditto for our Congress.

Politics ain't war. And and election ain't the Super Bowl! The SB is the end of a season of hard work, whereas an election is just the beginning of a term of hard work.

I'm not prepared to start celebrating until I see some solid outcomes, such as:

1. A bill for healthcare reform to REPLACE Obamacare; not just a simple repeal of it (which can't be done in any case, too much bureaucratic inertia and money spent so far to just pretend it doesn't exist);
2. A meaningful immigration and border-protection package, both legislative and executive;
3. Three or four strict Constitutionalist SCOTUS justices;
4. Meaningful and positive revamping of trade, tariffs, etc; and we won't know if this is accomplished until we see factories in Mexico and Indonesia and China closing down while factories open up in the USA.

That'll do for a start. And just a hint: it won't happen overnight.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I've never been prouder either of the USA!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

[Linked Image]

Do those things run at subpoena speed...??

Those older ones at the Rose Law Firm in Little Rock were pretty good.

DF

Stealing that

Carpe' Scrotum
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well, said, Doc.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket

1. A bill for healthcare reform to REPLACE Obamacare; not just a simple repeal of it (which can't be done in any case, too much bureaucratic inertia and money spent so far to just pretend it doesn't exist);
2. A meaningful immigration and border-protection package, both legislative and executive;
4. Meaningful and positive revamping of trade, tariffs, etc; and we won't know if this is accomplished until we see factories in Mexico and Indonesia and China closing down while factories open up in the USA.

This can all get done IF Trumps puts the right people in his cabinate.

Healthcare - we know how complicated it gets, but start with allowing minimum coverage (option without covering pre-existing , maturity, birth control etc) and allow people to shop across State lines for competition. It will have an immediate positive impact. Long haul needs more work than that.

Immigration - Make the point that America needs to take care of AMERICANs before we take in another 10 million. Put AMERICANs to work - that is our citizens. Stop filling our university Graduate Programs with foreign students and give preference to American Citizens. Let American kids get PhDs in Engineering, IT, Computer Science, Physics, not half of the Middle East, India, and China. Invest in our infrastructure. Roads, bridges, sewage, power, water etc.

Put the right peopleinthe SCOTUS

Use our abudnance of cheap energy to overcome China's cheap labor. China has expensive energy. Use that to our advantage. Build the pipeline.

Put the right people in charge and let them do their jobs. Worked for Reagan.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Politics ain't war. And and election ain't the Super Bowl! The SB is the end of a season of hard work, whereas an election is just the beginning of a term of hard work.

Doc, I prescibe three fingers of your favorite beverage and victory cigar tonight. While this may be only the beginning of the big job that needs to be done., take a minute to enjoy the demise of the Clinton Crime Syndicate and the end of the influence of the Arkansas Mafia in American politics. The Clintons are done. Morocco ain't buying any more favors from the Clnton Foundation because their sun has set.

Obama is now the senior, elder statesman of that party, and he will be as completely ignored by his Party as Jimmy Carter has been. He may have won 2 terms, but even the Dems know he is a Paper Tiger without substance.

Enjoy the fact that Conservative America has been heard, and the momentum to accept the absurd (military paying for sex changes? Really? Safe spaces at universities?) while rejecting the logical (sanctuary cities, not enforcing current immigration laws, celebrating cop shootings) has been roadblocked.

There will be a cultural shift toward the Right, just like there was in the '80s. How much and how far that goes, we shall see.

So while victory is not at hand, the foundation for that is no available to us. Take a moment and at least celebrate that. smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I tried to reassure all of you, but nooo! "No Hatari, the fix is in. No Hatari, all women will vote for her. No Hatari, all the Latinos will vote for her. No Hatari, the country is lost!"

Nah, nah, nah! Reagan beleived inthe American people. Not even Black Americans, or Hispano- Americans or even Muslim - Americans who got their citizenship the hard way want to be ruled by a stone cold vendictive bitch!

Also, to all of those who doubted Trump (even me ar first): History shows us that desperate times often call forth a blunt instrument to battle for a righteous cause. Look at Winston Churchill, who was a braggard and and alcoholic who had a stained past (Galipoli). He was the right man for the job.

Yes, you did tell us.

I tried to tell 'em too, but got tired of the f u c k i n g pessimism and ill-informed political drivel. Still tired of it, actually.

I have little patience with the fools who are dancing and singing over this "great victory", too. This was not a great victory; it was a great election result. In a few short months Donald Trump is going to have to put rubber to road and prove he can do what he says he can do. Ditto for our Congress.

The sober and necessary message, for sure, Doc. The old guard Republicrats will fight him at every turn to teach the "upstart" a brutal lesson in who pulls the strings.

At the very least I believe we averted a SCOTUS disaster, and thaaaaat is B I G !!!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yes, you did tell us.

All well and good, very good even, but point #0 is QUIT SPENDING MORE MONEY THAN WE'RE TAKING IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we don't reign in the spending we're going to be friggen Venezuela in a few years.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by roundoak
Did we take back the country without firing a shot?

No sir,

Many, many shots were fired. They all struck the target last night.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"All those fawning self-interested celebrities really worked out for Hillary."
- Piers Morgan

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hatari

"Safe spaces at universities?"

Sure....let 'em! Give the college administrators enough rope and they'll hang themselves!

When the parents and benefactors get enough of this in their craws and student enrollment drops.....they're done!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 43 of 44 1 2 41 42 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 871 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,109
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.