Print Thread
Hop To
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Are eating phu cking crow today

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He proved what kind of an ass he is and I will never vote for nor endorse him in any way. Miller did surprisingly well yesterday and I think we will see him again and again.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having met the senator, and him making a claim he'd do something and then not carrying through on it made it pretty clear to me what kind of man he is. It was a small issue and something that didn't really matter, but the issue of not being a man of your word is a big deal.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
How much have they hurt the state by attempting to be PC?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Having met the senator, and him making a claim he'd do something and then not carrying through on it made it pretty clear to me what kind of man he is. It was a small issue and something that didn't really matter, but the issue of not being a man of your word is a big deal.

He's a politician, and you are surprised by this why?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, those are some Marine Corps values he's exhibiting.

I voted for Miller yesterday. Sooner or later someone will come along that will beat them.

Neither he or the legacy cuhnt will ever get a vote from me.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting you bring up the Marine Corp as that's what was at issue. My wife met him at a local store, started chatting and said I should meet the senator. Somehow he mentioned he'd made a trip to Iwo Jima and as a member of the Corp it was a moving experience for him. I mentioned my uncle was killed on Iwo and had received the Silver Star posthumously. He said he'd brought back some soil from Iwo and would have one of his staffers get some to me. So I gave him my contact info and he never followed through. Not a big issue and nothing I'd asked for, but a bit disappointing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miller did a very good job of presenting and promoting himself this time, though not long or hard enough perhaps. In my view he really overcame the perception I had of him last time, though admittedly the information I had previously was filtered through whatever screens the rural areas are subject to. I had no qualms, and especially so given the weak/waffley representation we've been getting from Danny and Silvia, or whatever the hell her name is.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Voted for Miller myself

I've long been over the ruling elite

Will not vote for Sullivan in a primary again, general? I reserve the right to vote against a Dem

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
Yup ..our A team stands for something else..... To tards in a pot .….

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting you bring up the Marine Corp as that's what was at issue. My wife met him at a local store, started chatting and said I should meet the senator. Somehow he mentioned he'd made a trip to Iwo Jima and as a member of the Corp it was a moving experience for him. I mentioned my uncle was killed on Iwo and had received the Silver Star posthumously. He said he'd brought back some soil from Iwo and would have one of his staffers get some to me. So I gave him my contact info and he never followed through. Not a big issue and nothing I'd asked for, but a bit disappointing.

Well, don't know if senator Sullivan's office reads the campfire, but they did contact us and I did get a nice note and a vile of sand from Iwo Jima from the senator.

So I'm happily recanting my bad feelings and will be sending the senator a note of appreciation.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That is pretty f-ing cool!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (10gaugeman, 17Fan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,319
Posts18,487,362
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.