Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Terryk
Stuff sat in stores before the election here. Ammo, AR15,loading stuff. Funny but that gave me confidence in a Trump win. No scare here.

To me this was one indication the market forecast a Trump win. .22 is still tight but I expect it will get better. One week before election the LGS had M&P sport AR's for $630. I'm not sure how much cheaper they can get. Academy was selling the same gun for $699. LGS sold out of the sport but still had racks full of AR's on Election Day.

Last edited by K1500; 11/10/16.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been stocking up for the last 2 months

not to sell

just as a hedge in case Hillary won.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I don't care what party holds the White House or a majority in congress. Look how long it took Ramshot powders to get up and running after their factory fire. Then consider much of the powder lots of us use is produced in Europe and Australia and we have no say over what/when/why they legislate.

12-18mo worth of components for your most used firearms is IMO a hedge against:

"Holy crap, season's almost here, I've put off picking up the bullets/primers/powder/brass I usually use and now I have to work up a load in a hurry at a range that's full of folks sighting in their 742's on the biggest paper plates they can find."

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never understood why some people think it's any of their goddam business what another man buys with his money. Call it capitalism because that's what it is. That involves risk. Win some, lose some. Some people bet sports. Chickenscheits mostly, eh? I'll be there to buy it at less than retail at some point down the road either way though. I appreciate their freedom to buy large quantities of ammo. If they need it good for them. If they make money, good for them. If they have to fire sale, good for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a schit ton of stuff for the past year or so , right up through Monday night.
I didn't buy it with the intention of selling it if hildabitch won.
I bought it with the intention of HAVING it if hildabitch won.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I went into the local gun shop, on the 7th, with the intention of picking up some much needed primers. the price was $67 per 1k, doubled since last week. I left empty handed. Capitalism isn't only happening on the consumers end.

I am excited about being able to shoot down some rim fire supplies now that I can hope to restock them.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Hey. I am going to double down and keep buying. 4 years and hopefully 8 years will give me some options that really get me where I need to be before I retire.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just wish I could walk into Wally world and buy cheap 22 plinking ammo. It's always out around here. Love shooting my Browning 22 pistol and I use the cheapest crap 22s in it for blasting. I don't need match ammo I need volume.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've always looked for deals on components, mostly on the web. One guy had bad luck with 165 gr. Partitions in his rifle and I ended up getting almost 400 bullets for less than half price. Did the same thing on some Nosler ABLRs as they didn't work on a guys gun. So far they haven't worked in mine but what the hell, I have enough that I'll finally figure it out. I do believe I have enough to out last 8 years of Democrats if I live that long.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think black rifles will probably decline in price. Lots of sales going on right now.

Hopefully gunmakers will focus more on traditional sporting rifles, and make some interesting things.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I went into the local gun shop, on the 7th, with the intention of picking up some much needed primers. the price was $67 per 1k, doubled since last week. I left empty handed. Capitalism isn't only happening on the consumers end.

I am excited about being able to shoot down some rim fire supplies now that I can hope to restock them.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Never understood why some people think it's any of their goddam business what another man buys with his money. Call it capitalism because that's what it is. That involves risk. Win some, lose some. Some people bet sports. Chickenscheits mostly, eh? I'll be there to buy it at less than retail at some point down the road either way though. I appreciate their freedom to buy large quantities of ammo. If they need it good for them. If they make money, good for them. If they have to fire sale, good for me.

I want to drink with Capt. Quint.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by huntinaz

I want to drink with Capt. Quint.

Travis

You'd have gin and juice with Obongo.

Just kidding.

Shalom

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Be sure to buy high and sell low.

It's the retard way.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (222Sako, 300_savage, 3040Krag, 257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 56 invisible), 2,794 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,684
Posts18,534,422
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.