Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It wasn't the biggest factor but whoever had a hold of Comey's nuts and forced him to announce the "reopening" of the email investigation was the nail in the coffin. I'd almost wager that it was someone high up in the Uncle Fester fan club. They likely made him aware earlier and savored it until they thought the timing was right for the apex effect. Whoever they were they had a lot of stroke because he didn't wriggle free.

What would Porter Rockwell do?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The election was simply an indictment of Obama. When Ford announced they were moving all small car production to Mexico, the White house was silent, dead silent yet let a transgender boy announce he wants to use the girls bathroom, Obama is all over it like it was WWIII. Priorities, priorities and more priorities. The unemployed auto worker and the laid-coal miner have finally said enough is enough.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There's no single person MORE responsible than BHO himself. No. 2 is Hillary Clinton (and Bill can be lumped in). I'd wager Comey is #3. Scalia probably #4.

This election was so close in terms of popular vote. We didn't vote for a conservative, we voted against liberal marxism. We voted for the people. We voted for America.

We didn't have record turnout. We were down 10M votes or so from peak.

Of course Trump's election team helped. America voted against Hillary Clinton. That's what it comes down to, and lost the popular vote. I thought T (can we call him Mr. T?) would get 3% or more of the popular vote. Too many on our side stayed home snorting Midol, IMO.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
There's no single person MORE responsible than BHO himself. No. 2 is Hillary Clinton (and Bill can be lumped in). I'd wager Comey is #3. Scalia probably #4.

This election was so close in terms of popular vote. We didn't vote for a conservative, we voted against liberal marxism. We voted for the people. We voted for America.

We didn't have record turnout. We were down 10M votes or so from peak.

Of course Trump's election team helped. America voted against Hillary Clinton. That's what it comes down to, and lost the popular vote. I thought T (can we call him Mr. T?) would get 3% or more of the popular vote. Too many on our side stayed home snorting Midol, IMO.

You are 100% spot on. Obama went all in with his progressive agenda and ultra liberal policies. We as conservatives were convinced that these policies would never work in the real world for the United States. The only thing was we didn't have empirical proof until now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nope!

Here's the guy that put the 'quietus' on the witch!

He never had voted before.....lives in the boondocks! Quiet guy...his entire family same way! Pays his bills, goes to work every day, reads his bible, bothers nobody, hunts....owns a shotgun and a rifle and he heard from his neighbor that some lady in the race for President of the United States has declared that she wants to stop him from shooting his rifle and hunting the deer on his place! So...he tells his wife..."I think I'm gonna go register to vote so why don't you go with me since we've never done this before...I might need a little help!" He calls his grown children and says...."I'm going to vote this time and I want you to vote for this fellow called TRUMP!"

He's the guy.....that screwed over the witch!! No doubt about it!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
other than Trump himself, may have been Antonin Scalia. If he had not died, there may have been just enough complacency to allow Hitlery to win. But with the Court in the balance, the people stood and delivered. As wishy-washy as Mitch McConnell can be at times, he deserves credit for stonewalling the confirmation of Obama's nominee and allowing Scalia's vacancy to remain a campaign issue. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

I'd put him at #2 behind Assange.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
other than Trump himself, may have been Antonin Scalia. If he had not died, there may have been just enough complacency to allow Hitlery to win. But with the Court in the balance, the people stood and delivered. As wishy-washy as Mitch McConnell can be at times, he deserves credit for stonewalling the confirmation of Obama's nominee and allowing Scalia's vacancy to remain a campaign issue. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Excellent post.

The fence-sitters I know were motivated by the issue of SCOTUS appointments and how it would shape the country for at least 25-30 years, or possibly for the entire foreseeable future beyond that.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that BHO's pronouncement that Trump was unfit to be POTUS was a big plus for Trump. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! You'd think that the least fit POTUS of all time would hope that someone worse would get elected so that people would more quickly forget that the U.S. slipped toward mediocrity while he struggled to make a decision. BHO wasn't smart enough to listen to Chuck Hagel when Hagel told him that if he drew a line in the sand, he'd have to back his words with actions or he'd lose all credibility. BHO wouldn't back his words in Syria, so Hagel told BHO to find a new SecDef.

R
R
Oky. My own opinion is that we are over thinking about the trump. He will not change anything or he will not do what he told us before the election. Trump earlier history and behavior were not good and thus, we were expecting Hilary easily win the election.

Last edited by Rosea; 11/11/16.

.I have not found a good tactical flashlight over the internet. Thus, I have written the best tactical flashlight https://totalguide.org/best-tactical-flashlight/ review here. Do you need a high quality flashlight for the money? flashlight reviews
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Hitlery wasn't such a dishonest piece of hateful s.hit, she may have won.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think Trump was the ultimate FU candidate.

NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Other than Scalia, I think Pence is the one that put him over the top.
I originally wanted Newt as his VP pick but I sure am happy about it being Pence. I am really impressed with him.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cra1948

Agreed. I know people who vocally and energetically supported Trump because "We can't lose the SCOTUS," who a year ago barely knew what the SCOTUS was or did.

I'm going to take a big leap but I bet, since you are on this site, that you had a lot to do with bringing your formerly ignorant friends up to speed.
Thank you for spreading the word.
Welcome to the fight.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The point about Justice Scalia is a good take, but it seems difficult to see any single factor as determinant or even out front. From this little corner it just looks like "too much" was the theme.

Too much overly aggressive action and "over the top" utterances (orders from above) by Obama for 7 years;
too much arrogance/expectation/criminal action by the Clinton group;
too much at stake with regard to the Supreme Court, corruption in our government and common decency for our country;
too much of Trump's willingness and persistence in saying what needs to be said and challenging what needs to be challenged - beyond control by the big media;
etc.,
etc.

We've seen a sea change in the election. Will we see the same in the conduct of our governance and what we have the common sense and courage to support? Or will that also be "too much"?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good point on Scalia.

But the one person most responsible for Trump winning, was Trump.
He was not afraid to bring the message that the working class folks like you
and me have been waiting since the 80's to hear.

Pretty much it.

Black Cows Matter!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Trump would not be the next president if not for Kellyanne Conway.

The fact remains... as bad as Obama and Hillary are, Trump was losing until KC came on board.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Died" makes it sound like Justice Scalia was taken by the Lord in his sleep.

Read "Killing Patton." I think his end was more like Patton's, but this time with US agents as the perps.

I also think it had little to do with the 2nd Amendment, and a lot to do with a major Labor Union issue before the Court, and Justice Scalia would have certainly swung against labor. As it remains, the appeal was for labor, and a tied court had to let the appeal stand.

However, I agree, this election was about the next four seats on the SCOTUS, and that was the death knell for Hillary's aspirations for POTUS.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BLOODYPANTYSNIFFER
Originally Posted by BLOODYPANTYSNIFFER
Trump would not be the next president if not for Kellyanne Conway.

The fact remains... as bad as Obama and Hillary are, Trump was losing until KC came on board.

Your nose is bloody, but you ain't bleeding... well your nose isn't.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pine_Tree
Well I thought you were going to say BHO, but I agree that Scalia's a good answer.

But you will have to admit the BHO has been one of the best salesmen for gun industry the country has seen in a long time. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by natman
other than Trump himself, may have been Antonin Scalia. If he had not died, there may have been just enough complacency to allow Hitlery to win. But with the Court in the balance, the people stood and delivered.

fqreg1345
The one person most responsible for Trump's victory...

My guess would have been Hillary Clinton, but you make an excellent point.

There is no doubt. If Justice Scalia's death was that important to most voters, Trump would not have been the nominee.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.