Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snyper

You do realize maps like that really don't mean anything?
The land mass doesn't translate into population.

Precisely why our founding fathers created the electorate college.

They didn't want the idiot city dwellers speaking for the rest of the country.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I wouldn't say that 'they don't mean anything'....

It keeps a half adozen or so States from taking over the Natural Resources of the State of Alaska, it's called a balance of power.

Is it even, NOPE. But it's a hell-ov-a lot better than MOB-Rule Democracy....................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by vacrt2002
Sad that virginia was blue!

Yes, but Virginia Beach was red, for Trump.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by northcountry
Ever since the Supreme Court took away the right of each county to elect a Senator to the State Senate power had been totally concentrated in the population centers. This was not how life stated out for these here United States and I think we should return to a Senator from each county.
What say you. Cheers NC

I agree, but we have to figure out a system of senator selection that doesn't recreate the original problems we had--primarily political establishment cronyism.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by northcountry
Ever since the Supreme Court took away the right of each county to elect a Senator to the State Senate power had been totally concentrated in the population centers. This was not how life stated out for these here United States and I think we should return to a Senator from each county.
What say you. Cheers NC

I agree, but we have to figure out a system of senator selection that doesn't recreate the original problems we had--primarily political establishment cronyism.

Casey

There is a system and Trump is going to address it: Term limits! It works for the president so it will work for congress.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If blue is democrat then the Maine map is wrong. 9 of 16 counties voted Trump including Aroostook County which is blue on that map. Only the coastal counties voted D.

Last edited by JDK; 11/12/16.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Its a map from the AP .. I'm off to look 4a crime map

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Look at nebraska every single county is red....
Nebraska also has zero debt.....related you think....?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman

There is a system and Trump is going to address it: Term limits! It works for the president so it will work for congress.

If people really wanted term limits they wouldn't keep reelecting incumbents.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Concentration of vermin up North

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Exactly. If all the people calling for term limits voted that value, we would in fact have term limits. I cannot remember the last time I voted for an incumbent. Until congressional approval ratings get up to 50% mark, I won't.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

The colors on this map appear to be distorted for Virginia. Going to the State breakdown by counties it appears Hillary won 13 or 14 counties and trump won the rest of the 95 total counties in Virginia. But, Northern VA, Norfolk, Richmond and Newport News rules with population numbers.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Wacenturion
All the clamor to get rid of the Electorial College because for the second time Dems lost the election but had more popular votes.

Here is a simple illustration why the Electorial College is indeed necessary............

Hillary Clinton at the moment leads Donald Trump nationally by a total of....................................................... 395,595 votes

California totals:

Hillary Clinton......................................................................5,589,936 votes

Donald Trump......................................................................3,021,095 votes

Difference........................................................................................................................................................2,568,841 votes

So we are going to disenfranchise the majority voters in Pa., Wisconsin, Texas, Florida, and all the other states where Doanld Trump won not only the electorial votes but the popular votes as well. New Jersey as well as New York had enough extra votes for Hillary to exceed the difference in popular votes at the moment. Yeah, just let California, New York or New Jersey tell eveyone to step in line or else. Screw that..........

If you took out all of the Illegals that vote 4 and 5 times in Cali. the #s would be closer that they are.
I do not think that much voter fraud go's on in Cali.
The Dems do not need it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can't legislate morality. People are corrupt, period.

LOL
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

You are right the founding fathers figured that the common masses either didn't have the information or capability to make an informed decision. So we get the EC to act as an intermediary.

The protection of the less populated states is a function of the Senate.

I think today with the ease of access of information, and the fact that most of the population is suppose to be educated, we could and should do away with it and have a straight popular vote.

I think it should be one vote per citizen, even if some are idiots.

I think we will see a push to abolish the EC very soon. Having two elections in the past few years that the EC vote total didn't match the popular vote shows it may not be working as well as it did in the past.

Grandpa fought Fascists in WWII, Dad fought Communists in Vietnam. - American is meant for the middle.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by burrinho

You are right the founding fathers figured that the common masses either didn't have the information or capability to make an informed decision. So we get the EC to act as an intermediary.

I think today with the ease of access of information, and the fact that most of the population is suppose to be educated, we could and should do away with it and have a straight popular vote.

I think we will see a push to abolish the EC very soon. Having two elections in the past few years that the EC vote total didn't match the popular vote shows it may not be working as well as it did in the past.

In my humble opinion , a system that kept Al Gore and Hillary Clinton out of the White House, is a perfect system.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Exactly the type of uninformed thinking that is based on lack of understanding of the concept of a Federal Republic guided by a constitution.

One man one vote overvalues concentrated populations and results in mob rule. A Federal republic balances the equality of each political unit (the States) to check the monopoly of power that a central (i.e., in our case, Federal) government inevitably accrues.

Our form of government may not be perfect - nothing man creates can be - but it's a far sight better than anything else out there.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Exactly. If all the people calling for term limits voted that value, we would in fact have term limits. I cannot remember the last time I voted for an incumbent. Until congressional approval ratings get up to 50% mark, I won't.

I once saw a pole where almost everyone poled thought congress should kick out the folks in the House and the Senate.....except their guy.

Term limits will eliminate this problem. We need someone who can lead them to vote themselves out of office.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

A couple hours ago I heard on the radio Trump won with the Electoral College AND! the popular vote. A successful push to eliminate the EC is going to be harder to do than getting term limits in congress.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I'll be dammed if that little bit of blue is going to tell the rest of us what to do .... [Linked Image]. Its telling where a fellow mite be able to live ..

I would like to see that map with whatever portion is blue is solid... and what is red is solid... I think it would give a better perspective as to what we're dealing with land and people.. Mass wise...

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 54 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,043
Posts18,500,820
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.