Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My Mac slows down sometimes on this site. Often there's a ten second or more lag between when I hit a key and the letter shows up on the screen. I've never had it happen anywhere else. Also, when using my iphones, I get pop up ads and sometimes switched right over to scamming sites. It doesn't happen anywhere else.

Doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally. When it does, I just go away for a while.

I get a kick out of those who advise, "Just run some other browser and get this add-on and that add-on...." Screw that. This is the only site where I encounter these problems. The problem is not with my system, it's with this site. That kind of advice is like saying, "Well, yeah, you can run brand ABC gas with no problem, just get a special fuel filter, make this small adjustment to your fuel injection system and reprogram your vehicle's control system a little."

Mathew 22: 37-39

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well you've got a pretty straight-forward choice: Install a simple piece of software to make up for the deficiencies of the site (they exist and been harped on forever) OR don't come here. With Firefox I just stick on AdBlock Plus - no down side, helps even with the better behaved sites (which is about all of them).

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cra1948

I get a kick out of those who advise, "Just run some other browser and get this add-on and that add-on...." Screw that. This is the only site where I encounter these problems. The problem is not with my system, it's with this site. That kind of advice is like saying, "Well, yeah, you can run brand ABC gas with no problem, just get a special fuel filter, make this small adjustment to your fuel injection system and reprogram your vehicle's control system a little."

The site is not going to get fixed, so the next best thing is to configure your system so that it impacts you the least............prolly doesn't make sense to some though.

Or just live with it.

MM

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by cra1948

The site is not going to get fixed, so the next best thing is to configure your system so that it impacts you the least............prolly doesn't make sense to some though.

Or just live with it.

MM

Got a pretty good system for dealing with it now: when things start to act up I find something else to do. Works for me.

Mathew 22: 37-39

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
FWIW,

I reset Firefox back to the original settings, losing all my configuration and add-ons (not too big of a deal, takes about 10 minutes to set it back up) and I haven't had the security patch malware pop up again.

There is a price to pay using Firefox over other browsers but I'm old and I stick with what I know...even if its often not in my best interest to do so.

Probably why I've been married so long.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by walt501
My MacBook Pro runs FireFox, AdBlock Plus and Avast Anti-Virus. I have never had one single problem on this site - not one.

same here...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Ron Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Same here and I am running 50.0.

Capt Ron

Magnolia Bluff, FL..............Where Heaven is a local call!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by walt501
My MacBook Pro runs FireFox, AdBlock Plus and Avast Anti-Virus. I have never had one single problem on this site - not one.

same here...

Ditto.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pale Moon is fork off of Firefox so it's sort of like the earlier versions of FF. I'm using it with two filtering extensions, Disconnect and AdBlock Latitude. Never a problem or slow down on this site.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 160user, 52 invisible), 9,999 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,364
Posts18,546,951
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.