Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Anyone that thinks marijuana is harmless is fooling themselves. The cost will be more than the tax revenue brings in.

Do you think no one was smoking it before we taxed it?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
The burning question ( pun intended ) to me is how much exactly were they able to lower other taxes????

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ingwe
The burning question ( pun intended ) to me is how much exactly were they able to lower other taxes????

LOL, when do they ever lower other taxes???????
They just ADD to the taxes.... The way government figures taxes, when they do not raise taxes a significant amount they are saving you tax money. By bringing in other taxes ,such as marijuana tax, they are saving people ,by not increasing the other taxes"as Much".......

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
My point exactly! It wont relieve your other taxes, and it comes with a schittload of unintended consequences. Dope is never a good thing.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I know a few folks who can not handle alcohol, and have spent their lives as hard core alcoholics.

I know bunches of folks who drink seldom or occasionaly with no apparent ill effects.

I used to know a lot of guys who smoked weed. They all quit within a couple years, or they turned into complete burned out, wasted porheads. I never saw anyhing in between.

This, in my opinion, is the difference between pot and booze.

Personally, I wish pot was still just as illegal as it was in 1970. I do not want any of his crap to become easier for my grandkids to acquire.

Were I King, every convicted drug dealer or mule would be summarily executed.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ingwe
My point exactly! It wont relieve your other taxes, and it comes with a schittload of unintended consequences. Dope is never a good thing.

Even more so when revenue = zero and the cops are getting shot over it.

Remember, tax stamps are an outgrowth of Prohibition.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/21/16.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to know a lot of guys who smoked weed. They all quit within a couple years, or they turned into complete burned out, wasted porheads. I never saw anyhing in between

My personal conclusion from watching people that worked under my supervision over the years, is that a lower percentage of people can deal with the effects of pot, compared to alcohol. Potheads tend to get very lazy, while the drinkers work hard, with a hangover, while saying "never again". miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I did not intend to hit and run, as someone put it. I have been busy with other things. I took the quote away from the debate about legalizing marijuana because my shock at the statement had nothing to do with drugs.

It probably was just me because no one else has said anything about the original post suggesting tax revenues originate with the beleaguered federal government (note that the original statement capitalized both words) and the states could not exist without Big Daddy.

Quite frankly, our all-powerful Big Daddy is going to pot.

Bill Quimby

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No Bill not everybody missed your point.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TBREW401
One The only reason other states are on board with legalizing pot, they want the tax revenue.

Fixt.

LOL
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by billrquimby
I did not intend to hit and run, as someone put it. I have been busy with other things. I took the quote away from the debate about legalizing marijuana because my shock at the statement had nothing to do with drugs.

It probably was just me because no one else has said anything about the original post suggesting tax revenues originate with the beleaguered federal government (note that the original statement capitalized both words) and the states could not exist without Big Daddy.

Quite frankly, our all-powerful Big Daddy is going to pot.

Bill Quimby

Some states get a lot of money from the Federal Government. Some get less.

Those states which generate more tax revenue require less from the Federal Government.

That was my point and it's correct.

State sovereignty is a different subject.

Here:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...-are-givers-and-which-are-takers/361668/

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dutch
Spend a billion to chase Cheech and Chong around, or collect a billion.

How f'n hard is this to comprehend?

BLM, Mexican gang violence, the militarization of our police, the bizarre level of incarceration in this country, the extraordinary level of drug od's : all of it has it's roots in the war on drugs, and it's utter failure.

We're living in a police state, and think nothing of it.

Amen!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks. Would you also get me a couple of their value menu burgers or cheeseburgers? Please

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"Back in college when beer was more popular than weed (at my college anyway) a friend of some friends got into that [bleep]. Watched him skip classes, drop grades and generally circle the drain until our mutual friends intervened. Successfully. Taught me all I needed to know about it."

Well the flip side of that is back in my college days one of the guys in my frat was growing and selling stuff just as good as they have in Colorado now, and smoking copious amounts daily, hourly. He paid for his education though a trailer house with a greenhouse roof. He also was an honor student, aced everything he took. He has been a professor for the 25 years since then. Published a few well known history books, and put up a few documentaries. Many of you would know the name, but I'll never tell.

Last edited by Jacques_La_Rami; 11/22/16.

[Linked Image]
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.gov will either fine you if they keep pot illegal, or tax you if they make it legal. One way or the other your money will be used to grow a bigger and more expensive .gov.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
curdog4570:

(I missed your earlier post).

The question I asked in the title has been answered. We obviously are alone in believing there is something wrong with the thinking that led to the original quote, and it has nothing to do with marijuana.

Bill Quimby

Last edited by billrquimby; 11/23/16.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 46 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,000
Posts18,520,403
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.