Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Congrats!!!

Now get yourself some coolers to haul those deer home in.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That is quite a truckload of venison!! Looks like your son is pretty collected behind the trigger. Congrats to the both of you....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boy, your son has nerves of steel! excellent shot.
Sometimes I get buck fever bad enough I'll throw a "air ball" Ha Ha!.
The truck pic reminded me of those old time game pole pics with ton of deer hanging on it.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
Congrats!!!

Now get yourself some coolers to haul those deer home in.

I have coolers but didn't need them, the temp was in the mid 20's every night and they were packed with ice. I also park in a barn and the deer are in the shade.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well done Tucker and crew! I dig that last pic.

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Great job! Ive been a 6.5 fan my whole life. My dad and his bros all started on sporterized Swede's.

Anyhow my bro in law wanted to borrow a rifle this year and my wife told me I really needed to do it because of my sister. well I wasn't about to loan him any of my customs or anything decent so I ran down to my local shop and picked up a Ruger American and a box of Hornady precision blah blah.

After the sight in I shot a group around .75". I was so impressed with everything about this rifle I had to hunt with it. The first shot was on a cull buck at 257 yds. The eld bullet entered behind the onside shoulder and exited in the center of the off side shoulder. He made it 20 yds or so. The next was a doe at 210 yds. Entry and exit was tight behind the shoulders, 30 yd dash and it was done.

Son #2 shot his buck at 125 yds. It entered at the last rib and exited in front of the offside, bang flop. His doe tag was filled in similar fashion. The shot was 202 yds enter the point of the shoulder, exited at the last rib, bang flop.

Fact of the matter is I was amazed at the performance of the rifle and how well thought out the design was. It makes a man think when you have a few safes full of rifles that cost as much or more than a vehicle and you grab the economy priced rifle and it performs perfect. As for the Creedmore aspect, it was on par with what I expected and have experienced over the years. I have 22 rifles in various 6.5 caliber. I think the Credmore is probably the most efficient of them all. The Hornady bullet did a fantastic job, but a couple of them slipped the jacket. Usually this is unacceptable, but the other benefits make up for it.....and the examples were pulled from dead deer.

All in all, it was more then refreshing to find a new rifle for that kind of money and get so excited about it. After a lifetime of being a gun nut not much gets me excited, but this rifle did!!! Ruger did a fantastic job on these rifles and that Creedmore has probably taken the place as my fav over the Swede.

I had been waiting for 11 months to take my new Sako Bavarian Carbine out for some killin. I never took it out of the safe thanks to the Ruger American in 6.5 Creed.

Joseph
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What a great hunt. Congrats!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,400
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.