Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by breachbangclear.com
“…one could view the U.S. news information system as a sort of trough into which propagandists, calling themselves PR professionals, regularly dump information; journalists and news organizations nose in hog-like to feed at the trough. The notion of an independent and objective news system conducted by truth-seeking journalists is highly romanticized, exaggerated and self serving in regard to the actual role of mass media journalists in interpreting reality.” B.A.Patrick

http://www.breachbangclear.com/jane-is-an-ignorant-slut/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

I came across this quote in the above-cited article on Facebook today. This was the THIRD post I shared on my timeline this morning whose main theme was harsh criticism of the national news media and its abject failure to report the truth during the past election and its aftermath.

Frankly, I've been appalled by the MSM's apparent abandonment of journalistic ethics in the past 25 years, and especially in the past 10 years. I guess I was somewhat ahead of the curve (as were many here on the 24HCF, of course) in recognizing this problem, but it seems to have caught populist fire in the past few weeks, and the fire is beginning to rage out of control.

Consider this short damning video from Denzel Washington, a cultural icon who cannot be attacked by the MSM because he is a) black and b) a star (either attribute alone would be insufficient protection, but taken together, he becomes untouchable by the celebrity-loving and racist-supersensitized Media):

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587384427

And the topper for the morning, which I found to be more of a wake-up than my first cup of coffee, which I was drinking as I read this:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/12/the_revenge_of_sarah_palin.html#.WE_7FrZ6asw.facebook

Here's what Yours Truly posted in introduction of this piece on my page:

This is an interesting opinion piece. I have to say that the open malice of the Palin-hating infotainment industry appalled me at the time the events of 2008 were happening, but like most people the unprecedented fake news attacks on her from the all-powerful MSM were so stunning that no one knew how to counter them. In effect, the anti-Palin "narratives" (which is media-speak for "made-up story") were so egregious that they triggered a surge of support for alternative media sources. One could say that the media's unfounded excoriation of Palin fanned the flames of the alt-right news movement, and ensured the election of Donald Trump.

Now, I'm not saying that three solid "hit pieces" against the MSM constitutes a groundswell. I'm not saying that I think anything is going to change... yet. But I am saying... yet...

I believe that the Boardrooms of the news networks are in chaos. Their ratings are in free-fall, and all the bullsh!t they've been putting out to try to release their reserve chutes--like attempting to blacklist all the conservative news sites on the internet as "fake news"--is nothing more than a sign that they are in a blind panic. Like the man who is trying to shoot the police coming to arrest him, but his empty revolver won't fire, and just keeps pulling the trigger again and again and again---click-click-click--the MSM keeps trying to use the same ugly tools it's been using for years, and they can't believe that it's not working.

I sincerely hope we are going to see a French Revolution in the news media over the next few months... a virtual Reign of Terror, in which producers and editors, newswriters and talking heads, are called to account by their Boards and fired ignominiously for their abject failure to adhere to anything resembling a journalistic ethic and their duty to report the truth.

"If it bleeds, it leads", and "first with the worst" have been bywords for over a century in the parlance of Established Journalism in their criticism of the tabloids and yellow journalism. But it's increasingly apparent in 2016 that yellow journalism has become mainstream, and there are no real journalists left. Or are there? Somewhere out there, is there still an honest news reporter?

I don't know how this is going to get fixed, but I do know who is going to fix it (the news corporation Boards). And I do predict it will be fixed.

And keep in mind, boys, when you read that prediction... that I am one of the few regulars here at the 24HCF who predicted that Hillary would go down in flames.

Who's your daddy...

Last edited by DocRocket; 12/12/16.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The only access to anything resembling truth has to be gleaned from the internet.

Unfortunately, the American Communists have infiltrated some of the largest purveyors of social media and have been heavily censoring it since the Trump movement started to gain traction.

There's quite a bit of activity going on to build an infrastructure of internet sites which will be Commie proof, but it will take a while to get them in place.

If Trump's people are as smart as I think they are, they'll work to see that the truth is made available to the people before the 2020 elections.

The mainstream media is going to be working around the clock to kill the new American Nationalism in its crib,...as we've already witnessed.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Doc... the Yank news we have seen here over the past twenty years has been nothing but fairytales and gobbledygook and has been viewed by Australians as nothing but entertainment with the occasional bit of truth thrown in to spice it up.

You lot seem slow to catch on.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I sincerely hope we are going to see a French Revolution in the news media over the next few months... a virtual Reign of Terror, in which producers and editors, newswriters and talking heads, are called to account by their Boards and fired ignominiously for their abject failure to adhere to anything resembling a journalistic ethic and their duty to report the truth.
The 'boards' are just as guilty as their so-called 'reporters'.. Only way this changes is when they wake up and find their viewership has dropped so far that advertisers abandon 'em and they go bankrupt.

Serves 'em right, IYAM.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
there was a time, when a free, and unfettered press was felt to be essential to the pursuit of freedom.
The thought is still valid, but we no longer have a free and unfettered press. The fear has always been that .gov would corrupt the press, and turn it from a watchdog, into a lapdog. That time has come.

Sam......

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
"Trump News Network" for the real news would be a great start!

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You have to be pretty intelligent to separate the real news from the propaganda these days.

Sadly, half of our country ISN'T that intelligent.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
This is simply the outcome of a postmodern relativistic worldview.

If there is no such thing as objective truth, then why would anyone bother reporting it?

All that is left is deconstructionism. Puns intended.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It died with Walter.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by hanco
It died with Walter.

And Paul Harvey.

Trump Won!
IC B3

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What the MSM has been reporting has largely been government-approved pap.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
You guys are all a bit late. This crap started in the late 50's with corps. buying up all the regional news papers, radio stations, and televison stations. All the news became whatever the views of the elitest northeasterners .

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It died with Walter.

Bull [bleep], Walter was a player in the Media Propaganda indoctrination from the beginning.

In fact he was instrumental in the MSM success.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
It died with Walter.

And the allegiance to the DNC.

I will never trust the press that isn't objective to ALL political parties, not just the ones we oppose. As of now an objective reporter doesn't exist. A shame really, the most interesting news always seeks to uncover the truth, despite the corruption on either side of the aisle - and yes they have all been infested with plenty of snakes and rats.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
It died with Walter.

Walter was a flaming liberal.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When news becames a revenue generating 24/7 entertainment channel

When a Rachel Maddow or Bill O'Reilly type talking heads were considered "journalist" and not seen as actors pretending to be journalists.

When newspapers and magazines lost so much revenue to the internet they could no longer pay for investigative reporting and instead started relying on unnamed sources that were often other less reputable news outlets or even blogs.

When an Alex Jones or a Glen Beck are elevated to the status of peers to Rachel Maddow or Bill O'Reilly (see point #2 that people like Rachel Maddow or Bill O' Reilly are not journalists)

The reason why fake news is so prevalent is because Americans are now accustomed to finding a "friendly" news source that will give them a viewpoint they most agree with.

Facts are optional , unnecessary and often unwanted.

The internet and 24/7 news has created an environment where opposing viewpoints are actively opposed and Americans have the luxury to avoid them.

Back when there were 3 channels and talk radio was some crazy guy on a weak AM station no one listened to, Americans were forced to hear and deal with both sides of an issue.

We're they less informed? Absolutely, but that resulted in them having to form their own opinions as opposed to having some $20m bubble headed wannabe actor telling them what to think.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/13/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=websterparish47]You guys are all a bit late. This crap started in the late 50's with corps. buying up all the regional news papers, radio stations, and televison stations. All the news became whatever the views of the elitest northeasterners .

Bingo" Give the man a cigar, I think he has got it. Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 12/13/16.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another swamp that needs drained.....

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It died with Edward R Murrow.

Fixed it.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,557
Posts18,473,057
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.