Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Man, I love these threads.

The work you do blows my mind, ND.

Totally amazing and something I could never do, ever.

Cool chit!

GB4

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Couple of thoughts.
1)damn you know your stuff!
2)Kind of reminds me of why I dread any kind of work on my 100 year old home. It's never easy or nice after peeling off a layer.
3)Have you considered having a bunch of teenage thugs taking hammers to it, maybe put a spite S*&t on the windshield and lighting it on fire? Don't know why but I think that might actually aid in the overall longevity of the resto. I think I saw that in some kind of documentary I watched some time ago about a car like that.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dave keep this up and before you know it more folks will be knocking at your door. grin

Looking good.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
that's some crazy good work!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by northern_dave
big girl up on the body cart to work on the rockers and lower quarters.

[Linked Image]

I wonder how many really appreciate Northern Dave's skills to their full potential.....unless they are familiar with Minnesota Rust.... especially on those old old rigs...

Dave, you're an Automotive Magician's, Magician...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
lower quarter is tacked on, the fit is nice.

[Linked Image]

I ran out of shielding gas for the welder so I'm going to have to skip over to some body work. I'll get shielding gas on our lunch break.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Seafire

[Linked Image]

I wonder how many really appreciate Northern Dave's skills to their full potential...

And the fact that, that is all self taught is freaking AMAZING!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Seafire

[Linked Image]

I wonder how many really appreciate Northern Dave's skills to their full potential...

And the fact that, that is all self taught is freaking AMAZING!

"oh i need this body panel. I think I'll just make it." lol. Freakin amazing!

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Everything in this box has been cut out and replaced in Christine, none of it was available as reproduction items.

[Linked Image]

Old girl has been testing me, so far we are still friends, thank god.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd guess you enjoy the work, although it is clearly work. At least you get to see what you've accomplished.

LOL
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Ever since you've been posting your work on here I've been wondering where you learned to do that.

You taught yourself?

That's very impressive,...no kiddin'.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
What I enjoy is working with people on projects that they are passionate about. Cars happen to be my thing, performing restorations for people is how I get that fun involvement in peoples hopes and dreams.

Nobody is excited to work with a collision shop on a fender bender or a deer hit. They didn't plan that chit, they didn't want it to happen and they are burdened by at least a deductible amount, plus you have their daily driver, they want it back. Same with general auto repair, nobody is excited about going to see the mechanic for a slipping transmission or a check engine light.

But people do like to talk to me about "Tri power or EFI? What do you think?" or "Should I do the disc brake conversion now or should we focus on the body and paint, basic mechanicals and maybe do disc brakes next year?"

I'm like a fugging wedding planner, for gear heads!

That's the fun part.

Gutting these cars, cutting, welding, grinding, blocking.... That stuff isn't necessarily fun but it's appreciated by the customers.

It's not a bad gig.

But I need to get a couple long term gear head employees to train to do the more technical side of these jobs. The metal work, body work, the paint and finishing.

I'd like to be freed up to hunt for projects, plan builds, orchestrate the work within the shop.

That's what I'm working towards.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I forgot to post these

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, they'll have a good teacher......

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
just to cold up there lol.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
just to cold up there lol.

Not in the shop Roger. I bet Dave would even donate a back seat out of a parts car for you to sleep on. You would never have to go outside!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is Eener still kicking, hope so. We haven't had any Eener updates in a while..

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What I enjoy is working with people on projects that they are passionate about. Cars happen to be my thing, performing restorations for people is how I get that fun involvement in peoples hopes and dreams.

Nobody is excited to work with a collision shop on a fender bender or a deer hit. They didn't plan that chit, they didn't want it to happen and they are burdened by at least a deductible amount, plus you have their daily driver, they want it back. Same with general auto repair, nobody is excited about going to see the mechanic for a slipping transmission or a check engine light.

But people do like to talk to me about "Tri power or EFI? What do you think?" or "Should I do the disc brake conversion now or should we focus on the body and paint, basic mechanicals and maybe do disc brakes next year?"

That's the fun part.

Gutting these cars, cutting, welding, grinding, blocking.... That stuff isn't necessarily fun but it's appreciated by the customers.

It's not a bad gig.

But I need to get a couple long term gear head employees to train to do the more technical side of these jobs. The metal work, body work, the paint and finishing.

I'd like to be freed up to hunt for projects, plan builds, orchestrate the work within the shop.

That's what I'm working towards.

It will be a very lucky man that receives your teaching. That kind of skill set is learned through the school of hard knocks. You will greatly shorten the learning curve for a lucky young man. These skills will always be in high demand at your extremely high level. Kudos sir, you are one talented individual.

Buy once, cry once.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

This should be on your company sign!

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

[Linked Image]

What a beautiful engine. I had a '57 Dodge Coronet 2-door with the 325 V-8, a slightly stroked 318. With the push button TorqueFlite and dual exhausts, it was a runnin' machine. If I had known you'd be along with your many talents, I'd have held on to it for another 45yrs, just to have you refurbish it. Of course, all that would have been left was the engine, tranny, and rear end. The body was dissolving then. Would have been hard put to separate it from dirt by now.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1234, 160user, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,919
Posts18,479,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.