Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If you want one buy it. But the 243 will outperform it from the start to finish. It's all in the bullet/BC. If someone made a better bullet in 25 cal perhaps but if you are looking for long range reach for the said game you already have it just load for it. But if you want one buy one.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
jwall,

Nobody can make you look like a bigger DUMB Fhuqk than you can,by simply doing your best. Funnier than fhuqk,that you are the only one,that doesn't know you are fhuqking with yourself,by trying to give "answers". Congratulations?!?

Being Great ain't easy,but it's worth the effort and you get to read about it...you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

Facts and Physics is routinely more than a touch unsettlin' to Window Lickers and your/their fixation upon Fluff,never ain't not fhuqking HILARIOUS. That's a right proper Dichotomy,that sets the stage for epic fhuqking humor and there ain't no stopping you Clueless Kchunts from dropping the ball and obliviously adding to the perpetual laughs.

You were nearly brazen enough to say sumptin' about boolits in the first hand. I mean it was CLOSE,you really almost did. Laughing!

Someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,is always going to be best served by asking questions and applying same,rather than giving "answers". Hint.

Perhaps you'll be the first Do Nothing Kchunt to Whine herself happy?!? Your heart seems to be in it,as you bring trembling fingers to the keyboard,to dictate that which escapes your quivering lips and wax eloquent on the poignant profundity of your Dumbfhuqktitude.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

RBO,

Very much enjoyin' your Vagina Monologue and it's always a fhuqking Hoot,to hear the Whine and Excuses from Brokedick Turd Polishers,as they try feverishly to convince one another they've a first fhuqking clue. Congratulations?!?

Whattya' "do" for a "living"? It'll be funnier than fhuqk. Laughing!

Hat'n around,hoppin' fences and slippin' through gates. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Perhaps someday...you'll pry your kchunt from the couch? Nawwwwwwwwww,THAT ain't gonna fhuqking happen! Laughing!

Don't hardly seem "fair",that one hat has seen/done more than you could in 100 Lifetimes of tryin'. Hint. Laughing!

It's killer for Feesh Shootin'. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Breaks alotta hearts. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Grants a K-Hornet and 35 V-Max the "impossible".

[Linked Image]

Trout love it. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Be sure to tell yourself you "could too".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................

elkchunter,

Ain't it a hoot...that besides being a Clueless Fhuqk,you are also a Lying Piece Of Schit? Congratulations?!?

Did you "forget" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again? Ooopsie...be VERY careful,because you "can't read" this. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

Fotis,

You Drooling Dumbfhuqk,I'd LOVE for you to stuff a Turdy-Turdy LeaveHer Gun full of 208A-Max and yerk the trigger more than a few times.

Mebbe wax eloquent upon said chamberings and feel free to cite "versatility",touch upon twist/throat/COAL and action types,then mebbe POA/POI correlations and feel free to leave BC outta da' equation,if only to soothe your INCREDIBLE Stupidity.

I prolly wouldn't know anything that "Technical" and Double Dog Dare you to try and pull the ruse off. Yep...that's two dogs wortha' dare. Hint. Laughing!

If only I could connect dots and somehow encompass the "dreaded" hat too. Hmmmmmmmmmm...lemme think,that will be "difficult". Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I'd be forcedta' surmise than a 20" steel(the good ones) 7-08 BLR flingin' 162A-Max ala it's DBM(think BC here),just might make a fairly fhuqking handy parcel. Given primary and secondary extraction considerations ala sedate launch (2550fps),it would seem that with a 200yd zero,that a 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker would prolly get 'er past the 1000yd line on the windshield alone(seen it). Google it all. Hint. Laughing!

Ain't a hoot,that you are in sooooooooooooooooooooooo fhuqking far over your head and yet 100% CLUELESS in regards to same?!? STUPIDITY is the gift that keeps on givin' you "lucky" kchunt.

Be sure to "tell" me more!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...........

WyoCryo,

Please remember Sweetheart,that you will ALWAYS get more poozy,by simply fhuqking yourself. You "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..........................

'348,

Like a 223 would not have?!? Hint. Laughing!

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Re-hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................

'needs,

Few love the 7mmRemmag as much as I and very gawwdamned fhuqking few on the Planet,have launched more boolits in said chambering than I. That's a gross understatement. Hint.

I stated the simplistic FACT,that a 22" 7-08 squirtin' a 162 at 2700fps,arrives the 500yd+ scene with less drift,higher impact velocity and greater "energy"(fictitious moot designator),than a 150TTSX launched from a 7mmRemmag,of which you don't even have a first fhuqking clue to it's launch speed and I graciously spotted you 3150fps(it ain't). Read that again. Now one more time. Google it. Phone a friend. PM someone. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

No need to constantly reiterate your uncanny inherent ability,to fhuqk up things spelled out in crystalline fashion and set atop a silver plate for you...but it IS funnier than fhuqk. Hint. Laughing!

While there's no doubt you Drooling Dumbfhuqks have me on the ropes and have a stark upperhand due your uncanny "abilities","acumen","means" and incessant "drive"...I just might be able to talk .284" in the firsthand too. Hint. LAUGHING!

As an aside,CNS pokes are no relative barometer of evaluation,when talkin' headstamps or boolits and I'm "sure" you were gunnin' for the spine,due your "keen understanding" of drop/drift,comeups and POA/POI correlations. Spare no "particulars" on that confirmation. Laughing!

You DUMB [bleep] are a riot!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

'12,

Use as much Imagination and Pretend as you can muster,to find me "mistaken"...because I assure you the attempt will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Very GOOD call to refrain any/all things in the firsthand,other than your incessant fhuqking Whine and copious Cluelessness.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

pouttexas,

It's your Imagination and be sure to Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Ain't it a hoot,that the only fhuqking thing a Texan can "do",is to Whine in the firsthand. Mebbe say sumptin' in Spanish,to frost the cake...you "hard charging" Clueless Fhuqk. Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You really need some new material. You've been spouting the same sophomoric gibberish so long that no one pays any attention anymore.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I actually applaud sticks moderness, and inclusionary attitude. A shining example of this is his glowing pride of showcasing his son dressed as agirl

Last edited by gitem_12; 12/18/16.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RBO
Hint......

Medication is your friend, the doctors are there to help you, your hat says it all.

Laughing.

And Laughing.

I think that guy is past the medication stage. He's into full blown lobotomy territory. . . laugh

Laughing even harder! laugh laugh

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
My "Imagination & pretend" beats your reality.
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
My "Imagination & pretend" beats your reality.
[Linked Image]

Wow! Beautiful lion elkhunternm. Kudos sent. Hey, apparently we're neighbors. I'm just a few short miles up the road from you in LC. smile

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Thanks and HOWDY! neighbor. cool

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Stick,

You are correct I only average 3060 out of the old tang safety 7. It was made in 1976 and I bought it new in 1977. It got some work done glass bedding, trigger job and a custom muzzle brake. Since then it will pretty regularly place 3 shots at 100 yards that you can cover with a dime. The son in law's rifle got the same mods and a mercury recoil reducer from the same smith and is very accurate as well. Both of the rifles have 20+ Deer and elk in the freezer.

But they are hunting rifles not 1,000 yard match guns. One day we shot at a 1000 yard range and the 7 using a 3-9 duplex Conquest took 3 shots to hit the 18" gong at 1K with holdover and Kentucky windage so it can hit stuff out there but I'll never shoot at an animal that far away so BC really is a non issue. The 25-06 will likely not ever shoot targets past 600 even fooling around. lf it will hold antelope vitals at 400 it will be good to go.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
OP,
If it hasn't already been suggested keep an eye out or post in the classifieds for a Winchester XTR Sporter.

IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I had a 25-06 in a remington 700bdl before they stopped chambering their rifles for it. I loved the caliber. Shot the 87 grain nosler ballistic tips lights out and was hell on prarie dogs and coyotes. Also never shot a deer with it that went very far. Great caliber, easy to load for, and fun to shoot. Good accuracy as well. The major conn is that there are mot many high bc offerings for this caliber. It will not be a great long range cartridge, but I regularly shot it out to 600. Also be aware that factory twist rates do not lend it to shoot the berger 115's with full stability.

Overall I loved it though.

Something about the indian and the arrow...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There's not a damn thing wrong with a .25-06 at any normal range...but it does burn more powder, recoil more (not that it kicks bad at all with a stock that fits) and barks more than your 243.

These are all .25-06/110 accubomb kills, but I'll be damned if any other normal round/bullet combo wouldn't have done just as well, given the same shot placement.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][/URL]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick, I've heard the term azzhat before but I've never actually seen a picture of a prime example, thank you for that. From the looks of you, I'd say you got a hard time hoping out of your truck let alone over fences. I'd show you some pics of some trophy animals but by looking at the ones you shoot I can tell your not into trophy hunting. Sorry about your life, I guess when nobody likes you Alaska is a good place to hide. Keep posting, when I start feeling stupid it's nice to see there are people way worse off than me.

Merry Christmass.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
The Big Stick is the best argument for the fire to get a moderator.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It seems to me we need one that does something.
This is an OLD repetitive problem.
It'd be different if this were only 1 or 2 times but it's not...many Xs.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Rick isn't going to moderate this board except in extreme cases, such as the one Larry got banned for LIFE for posting. Using scotch tape, he pulled his kids' eye lids and the corner of their faces next to the eye back and up, causing a slanted look, and he did the same to himself and his and his wife (maybe she was in the pic, it's been a long time since I've seen it). He was making a very racist statement poking fun at a fellow member who happened to be of Asian descent. BOOM, banned for life. Rick doesn't tolerate racism.

Then Larry's step-son committed suicide. Rick, being a generous and empathetic fellow opened Larry's account back up and allowed him to post here again. Larry grieved for the requisite 12 hours, then posted 260 posts in a single day, starting a fight on each and every post, which shut the board down.

So, Rick moderated him in a way - he's allowed two posts every 24 hours which he routinely violates with his other account, screen name "Boxer". Many days he'll post four times; two for Big Stink and two for Boxer. He's not fooling anyone, especially the site owner Rick. So, I guess Rick lets those go. As far as language, and getting as personal as possible, well, I guess Rick expects us to wear our big boy pants and put up with it, or better yet ignore little Larry. That works well for me. If you've read one of his posts you've gotten all you'll ever get out of his posts...that and 20 to 30 year old pics that he hangs about twice a year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fotis
I guess by that logic no one should ever own a 30-30, 444, 45-70, you know due to lack of BC....

Funny.

Crap. I own two of the three (Marlins in .30-30 and .45-70), plus another in .375 Win and a .44 Mag Browning B92. Even have a .44 Mag revolver I've hunted with. Didn't realize B.C. was so almighty important until John B. (yes, THAT John B.) essentially took me to task (again) for using North Fork bullets, stating (and paraphrasing here) he didn't have any use for bullets with such low B.C values.

Just didn't know that B.C. trumped all other bullet characteristics (including but not limited to construction and velocity and all combinations thereof). Also didn't know that intended use should play no part in bullet and cartridge selection. If it isn't good at 1,000 yards it just isn't any good.

butt now I bin edjumacted by the fire. 300 Wetherby mag end vlds fur enything.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by specneeds

....last night he texted me a pic of what looks like a 500 lb. boar with huge tusks. I'm guessing he will be as happy with that combination as I have been.

I'd love to see a photo of that pig if you can...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JMR40
Nothing you can do with a 25-06 that the 243 does just as well if not better.

So....if I get all this stuff straight, the 243 is as good as the 25/06 (I guess due to high BC bullets and at some distance way out there?)

And at the same time, the 25/06 is the same as a 270,despite the 270's larger diameter and heavier bullets?

So by CF logic the 243 is as good a BG cartridge as the 270?

Interesting.

But BS is interesting sometimes.

You guys who think the 25/06 is a toy....ever sit in the butts while 25/06 bullets fired from 600 yards snapped over you head? If not, you'd change your mind pretty quick about all this paper ballistics malarkey..LOL.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1Longbow, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 55 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,840
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.