Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
My son and 10 yr old grandson went to my farm in northern Dauphin Co. Pa. It's 188 acres of farm land and woods. They went to their tree stand, I positioned at edge of field. Like clock work, very early light, here they come 4 doe. One last years fawn followed by three little lab size fawns. I watched them enter the wood line hoping for a trailing buck. Moments later, it sounded like I was in the rice patties. At least 10 shots rang out. Totally pisst, I went down to visit the tresspassers. I found three men with three deer and one wounded on the run. One baby had 3 holes in it. My son heard me 400 yds away. (not proud of my language) All had 760 06 rifles. They said they didn't know who to ask. I explained in detail they will be going out horizonal if I ever see them on the property. They weren't back the rest of the season. The little guy shot his first buck an hour after Grampy tazed out, happy ending to frustrating day ..

RIDE HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND DON'T LIE !!

Trying to get to the point in life where all I need is
BEER.....BEANS...and...AMMO
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They didn't know who to ask?

I would have went "Guy on a Buffalo" all over them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They said they didn't know who to ask.

They did know that they did not own the land. In Arkansas a few years ago, a law was passed that you had to have written permission on your person, if you or close kin, does not own the land. I don't know if anybody does this as I hunt my own land, but it is the law. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Miles -
In the AGFC hunting regulations, it's CLEARLY stipulated that you MUST have written permission if You or your family does NOT own the land.

YES, It IS a game law.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 12/21/16.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tacksmacker
My son and 10 yr old grandson went to my farm in northern Dauphin Co. Pa. It's 188 acres of farm land and woods. They went to their tree stand, I positioned at edge of field. Like clock work, very early light, here they come 4 doe. One last years fawn followed by three little lab size fawns. I watched them enter the wood line hoping for a trailing buck. Moments later, it sounded like I was in the rice patties. At least 10 shots rang out. Totally pisst, I went down to visit the tresspassers. I found three men with three deer and one wounded on the run. One baby had 3 holes in it. My son heard me 400 yds away. (not proud of my language) All had 760 06 rifles. They said they didn't know who to ask. I explained in detail they will be going out horizonal if I ever see them on the property. They weren't back the rest of the season. The little guy shot his first buck an hour after Grampy tazed out, happy ending to frustrating day ..

Ah, PA deer hunters....

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
tacksmacker -

G F Y = GOOD for you.

Both of those things Chap My Apple!!

WHY, WHY shoot 3 dog sized deer?

At a Deer Lease meeting I said, "if they have milk on their lips, please don't shoot them."

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I would have had the law involved.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A friend used to own a farm near Gettysburg that was bisected by Marsh Creek. I was siiting in my stand one opening day when here comes this orange hat working along the bank of the stream. I climbed down, really pissed, and went over to him to tell him to go back the way he came. He tells me that a stream is a public right-of-way that anyone can travel. I told him that he was free to walk in the creek, but if he stayed on the bank, I was going to call the law. He left.

Another time, we were sitting on the porch after dragging in my doe, and heard a shot on the other side near the road. Got in the car and rushed over to find a guy standing over one he had killed from his car. He said he just couldn't help himself when he saw that deer standing there. Just another road-hunting fugk out for a drive. We sent him packing, cleaned the deer, and called the warden to come pick it up.

Another time a bunch decided to drive my friend's property to guys waiting on the other side. We stopped them in the middle and told them to leave. They said "okay" and started to continue on the same way. "Oh no" we said, and made them walk straight to the nearest fence to the side, climb it and leave through the neighbor's open pasture to the road. On the way, they jumped some deer and proceded to start pumping it at them, with a whole herd of black angus in the background. How they kept from hitting beef is a mystery.

It always amazed me that an area so heavily enforced and patrolled by both wardens and the Park Service had so many goobers running around the roads looking for a "quicky". Lots of public ground nearby too.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Yup.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Yeah. Big Time!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I would have and have got the law involved 1/2 dozen times. One incident nailed the same trespassers twice in the same year.

A neighbor called me and said three guys were seen dragging a buck off of a hill side on my cabin property. I called the county sheriff department before I left and met the guys right at the fence near the road. I jumped off the ATV and commenced taking pictures, then a deputy arrived.

One of the hunters said he shot the buck on the adjoining property and tracked it into my property. They admitted they did not have permission to hunt on that property either. In the mean time, the deputy had called for warden assistance. 45 minutes later, a warden and assistant showed up. The warden inspected the carcass tag and found the hunter had not slit the month/date/time requirement on the carcass tag. He wrote out a violation ticket and confiscated the buck. Deputy gave them a ticket for trespassing.

A month later I found evidence of an attempted break-in at the cabin. Someone tried to jimmy the outside door bolt/padlock combo. Figured that and the motion sensor light deterred them.

I have a trailcam disguised in a faux birdhouse aimed at the front of the cabin. Pulled the card and found perfect images of two of the three guys I confronted earlier. Images show a guy with a flat pry bar working at the door. County sheriff was called and arrests were made.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Citations would have made a wonderful life lesson for them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by roundoak

I would have and have got the law involved 1/2 dozen times. One incident nailed the same trespassers twice in the same year.

A neighbor called me and said three guys were seen dragging a buck off of a hill side on my cabin property. I called the county sheriff department before I left and met the guys right at the fence near the road. I jumped off the ATV and commenced taking pictures, then a deputy arrived.

One of the hunters said he shot the buck on the adjoining property and tracked it into my property. They admitted they did not have permission to hunt on that property either. In the mean time, the deputy had called for warden assistance. 45 minutes later, a warden and assistant showed up. The warden inspected the carcass tag and found the hunter had not slit the month/date/time requirement on the carcass tag. He wrote out a violation ticket and confiscated the buck. Deputy gave them a ticket for trespassing.

A month later I found evidence of an attempted break-in at the cabin. Someone tried to jimmy the outside door bolt/padlock combo. Figured that and the motion sensor light deterred them.

I have a trailcam disguised in a faux birdhouse aimed at the front of the cabin. Pulled the card and found perfect images of two of the three guys I confronted earlier. Images show a guy with a flat pry bar working at the door. County sheriff was called and arrests were made.

Love a happy ending.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Something tells me the reasons for not calling in the sheriff or the warden are going to be truly special...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I got a chuckle out of this one. I doubt you need to worry about a third strike involving those yahoos. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We caught some kids roost shooting wood ducks on a beaver pond way after hours a few weeks ago. I was on the verge of calling the law and normally would, but they were young teens, so they got a good butt chewing and haven't been back.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
[quote=muleshoe]

I have a trailcam disguised in a faux birdhouse aimed at the front of the cabin.

great idea, i had been thinking of trying to disguise one for our cabin; will be doing that as well.

============================================================

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Way to Go R O

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
roundoak,

Any pictures of the tailcam/bird feeder? It's a great idea and one I'd like to suggest to my dad. He caught someone entering our property and stealing my uncles canoe off of it. But he had it mounted high up in a tree and it isn't the best angle.

Thanks.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane

Citations would have made a wonderful life lesson for them.

So would a stick to the face.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (2500HD, 160user, 69sportfury, 01Foreman400, 300s, 13 invisible), 1,731 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,102
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.