Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Straw Hat Hunters? Amish? If so I can understand. Bob

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Azar
roundoak,

Any pictures of the tailcam/bird feeder? It's a great idea and one I'd like to suggest to my dad. He caught someone entering our property and stealing my uncles canoe off of it. But he had it mounted high up in a tree and it isn't the best angle.

Thanks.

Pretty simple really, just made a Bluebird house deeper than most with the front side 3/4 open and top 1/4 with the round entrance hole. The first year I set it up a Wren insisted on building a nest on top of the trail cam so I put a divider between nest attempt and trail cam. The Wren activity made the set up look authentic. smile

Don't have a pic, but will take one and post it when the gang and I open up the cabin for coyote hunting after the holidays.

Wait that would be foolish, then the world wide web would know the location. grin Will send you a PM.

Last edited by roundoak; 12/22/16.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I could write a godddamn book on the chit people do during hunting season.

It's a love/hate time of year.

Swear these sneaky bastards are born with a wire or bolt cutter in their hands!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson

I could help you with a chapter or two... mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
People are fuggin' tards.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I could help you with a chapter or two... mad

Same here.

PA hunters would get an entire f'kin' section.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tacksmacker
My son and 10 yr old grandson went to my farm in northern Dauphin Co. Pa. It's 188 acres of farm land and woods. They went to their tree stand, I positioned at edge of field. Like clock work, very early light, here they come 4 doe. One last years fawn followed by three little lab size fawns. I watched them enter the wood line hoping for a trailing buck. Moments later, it sounded like I was in the rice patties. At least 10 shots rang out. Totally pisst, I went down to visit the tresspassers. I found three men with three deer and one wounded on the run. One baby had 3 holes in it. My son heard me 400 yds away. (not proud of my language) All had 760 06 rifles. They said they didn't know who to ask. I explained in detail they will be going out horizonal if I ever see them on the property. They weren't back the rest of the season. The little guy shot his first buck an hour after Grampy tazed out, happy ending to frustrating day ..

Sounds like they were from PA.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
People are fuggin' tards.

People are the stupidest human beings on Earth.

Stupidity is a bottomless pit.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Straw Hat Hunters? Amish? If so I can understand. Bob

Yep, Jakey and Amos have no regard for property lines or game laws. There are exceptions but I've seen too many first hand examples.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Guys

It's not limited to Above the Mason Dixon Line.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Some of the Pa boys are so good at it, you don't even know you are missing anything.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Some of the Pa boys are so good at it, you don't even know you are missing anything.

LMAO!

Well played!

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by muleshoe
I would have had the law involved.

And if you involve the law make sure you do it right...I own a lot of land, in two states, and deal with constant trespassers. Not so much so in Virginia, probably because they have some pretty stiff fines over that way and also because their is a lot more public land available.
Most states have the old law written back before many people could read where a certain color paint swatch on the trees meant no trespassing. In Maryland it's a blue strip, Virginia it's silver. If you have it on your trees it is the same as posting your land.
It's no problem for a game warden or police to arrest and ticket someone for trespassing...but when it gets to court if the moron knows anything at all he will say to the judge,"but your honor, I was looking for blue paint...I didn't see all those No Trespassing signs, Case dismissed. Bottom line, check you state, post your land both ways, signs and paint and put up trail cameras. The old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" was never more true than in court.
One other thing, the court wants your hands to be clean...don't get too stupid with a trespasser, they really could just be lost and mean you no harm or need help. I usually start out by asking, "so, you lost??? You need me to show you the way off my land or what????" This tells them three things, your not an idiot, you are the land owner, you are not here to play. This is usually followed by, "oh....you mean somebody owns these here woods??? Well I didn't know that!!!"
The idea that you are going to get a LEO there to make an arrest while they hang around is pretty slim. Take a picture of them right then and there because at this point it is their word against yours that they were even present at this location.

Edit: At some point, someone has taken it upon themselves to come up with the color purple as a universally recognized color for posting "No Trespassing" with paint. I have even seen "No trespassing" purple paint for sale in the hunting section at Wal-Mart. Again, if you are going to post with paint the only color that counts is what your state law says it should be. The idea of a universally recognized standard color is a great idea, but it is only good if your state has adopted it.

Last edited by msinc; 12/22/16.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
20-25 years ago, maybe a little more, they finally nailed this one fellow. Charged him with over 100 illegally killed Deer over a long period of time.

Fine if I remember wasn't all that bad, but he did loose his job over it.

Executive Director of the Pa Game Commission.

The boys became a little wild after that came out.

Last edited by battue; 12/22/16.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Edit: At some point, someone has taken it upon themselves to come up with the color purple as a universally recognized color for posting "No Trespassing" with paint. I have even seen "No trespassing" purple paint for sale in the hunting section at Wal-Mart.

Purple paint is as good as a sign here, but that is fairly recent. Law has changed over the years, but right now you must have a paper on your person that you can hunt a piece of land, if you are not the owner, or a close relative. The law spells out how close, but I do not remember off the top of my head. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
best thing about the deer population falling off in the mountains of is we don't get many pa guys anymore down to hunt.30yrs ago there were hundreds of those idiots hunting in highland and bath counties in va. most seasons one managed to shoot one of his buddies to.i watched one die,shot in the back with a rifle 2 miles off the main road. wasn't much we could do for him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by muleshoe
I would have had the law involved.

Yup.

The law doesn't usually do anything to the Amish.

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
We have a growing "straw hat" population here and they truly are a pain in the ass when it comes to hunting and fishing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by srwshooter
best thing about the deer population falling off in the mountains of is we don't get many pa guys anymore down to hunt.30yrs ago there were hundreds of those idiots hunting in highland and bath counties in va. most seasons one managed to shoot one of his buddies to.i watched one die,shot in the back with a rifle 2 miles off the main road. wasn't much we could do for him.

I've seen PA "hunters" marched out of the woods at gun point and gave the Hell beaten out of them because they were "sound shooting"; and have known of more than a few occasions where game wardens have stated openly that a truck with PA plates is going to get stopped and searched because "PA plates are reasonable suspicion of a game violation in progress" (and they were rarely, if ever, wrong). The number of PA idiots busted for hunting and shooting off the National Park properties of the BRPW and SNP are truly staggering, and more get added to that tally every year.

I can think of several thousands of acres of land that used to not be posted that are now, but open to hunters if you ask, because of PA "hunters", and the property owner will ask you to make sure that no PA trucks show up. If they do, call the landowner and then the cops.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Don't forget our having our way with your women. We didn't even have to try all that much.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 48 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,664
Posts18,474,697
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.