-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Delilah, after the Biblical one, for being a real man (me) killer. If we had it to do over, we'd name her Hoover, for her ability to scour the floor for crumbs. Give a Jack Russell one cookie wrapped up as a Christmas gift, and she'll open every package under the tree. They have OCD. Once a thought enters a Jack Russell's mind, there it shall remain, for eternity. They are a proverbial handful in every sense of the word. I love her, but she wears me down if I need to take her anywhere, she's always in trouble for jumping on and scratching a customers door or running over to a neighbors. Busy busy busy. Fun when hiking, not so much in town. Upside, fearless. Downside, fearless.

[Linked Image]

LOL
GB4

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Fireball good looking dog,and beautiful wood on that 99

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
We had a JRT ,named Rocket and thats just what he was. 100% all of the time. We got him from a family where the kids just beat on him. He hated kids under 8 years of age and with no hesitation would just go up and bite them. Over the age of 8 not a problem,but he did not sit well with the kids next door. A week after we got him ,we took him camping,I opened the truck door and he was gone. We yelled and looked for him but nothing,20 minutes later he comes back carrying an old deer leg. I wrestled the thing from him and he was gone again ,only to return with another leg. I figured out that I'd let him have that one. We ended giving him to a cattle ranch ,because of the biting,and he is very happy there. He was one of the smartest and toughest dogs for his size that I have ever seen and could switch directions on a dead run ,that would make your head spin. I really liked the dog ,but it was for the better

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Coyotes made a run at her a couple weeks ago, somehow they missed. I wish I'd had an unobstructed view of how it went down. All I saw was the coyote running at the last place I'd seen her and then heard her barking at him, busted. I ran out and chased him off. Upside fearless, downside, fearless.

[Linked Image]

LOL
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Once a thought enters a Jack Russell's mind, there it shall remain, for eternity. They are a proverbial handful in every sense of the word.

This is definitely true...the one I have is always one more severe beating away from being trained not to mark in the house. Yet, in all fairness to the dog, he is very calm natured and doesn't do any of the hyperactive wild idiot things that most of them do. He just thinks it's his job to try and kill every wild living thing he sees.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Once a thought enters a Jack Russell's mind, there it shall remain, for eternity. They are a proverbial handful in every sense of the word.

True of ratters too, maybe to a lesser extent. In a moment of weakness I broke a long standing rule that Lilli couldn't have a treat if she barked for it without being commanded to. About six months later the bad habit still comes up once in a while. She's constantly testing her limits.

That's been a constant theme for 16 years, testing the limits. Now she's perfectly happy following the rules, most dogs are becoming secure with their place in the pack, but always pushing the boundaries. So I'd say with both breeds you have to be willing to work with the dog to establish appropriate rules of behavior and enforce them without exception, ever. Both of you will be happier for it.

I love the spirit and inquisitiveness and forgive her transgressions because of my mistakes.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
How about a Yorkshire terrier (historically used for ratting)?

I'd like for him to do this to rats or downed pest birds. Our last Yorkie retrieved house sparrows and cowbirds that I'd shoot off the feeder.

Tex attacking the mail:

[Linked Image]

BTW, great thread with some great looking dogs! I'd like to see what msinc's dog did to that snake.

Last edited by jp_over; 12/27/16.

Joe
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by EdM
I nailed this one in 2012. Threw a 200 gr TTSX via 358 Win.

[Linked Image]

. Every one posting pics of the dogs they love and you post a pic of one you shot what a great hunter you are.... Not ....

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by msinc
I have a Jack Daniels mountain dog...you can just see the raw intelligence in his face {yeah right!!} It's a good thing he don't weigh 125 pounds...there would be nothing safe on the planet:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

adding the word "mountain" to the title of a pet makes it more valuable...if you just say "I have a dog for sale" people say "what???" If you say "I have a mountain dog for sale" they say "How much???"

absolutely true about the "mountain" in the provenance. and if there's paperwork, the value goes way up over "non-papered" varieties. it's just how the mkt operates. btw, your dog much resembles my beloved Emmy Lou, aka *EL* for short.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by savageak
Originally Posted by EdM
I nailed this one in 2012. Threw a 200 gr TTSX via 358 Win.

[Linked Image]

. Every one posting pics of the dogs they love and you post a pic of one you shot what a great hunter you are.... Not ....

What is REALLY reprehensible is that Ed went clear to AFRICA to shoot that inoffensive little pooch mad

The only consolation is that the trophy fee musta been unreal.

The rumor is he has that thing mounted in his trophy room cocking it's leg on the buffalo (which would be a realistic pose for a Jack Russel wink ).

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tedthorn
[Linked Image]

Hahaha...that's a cute little girl(?)! My last two JRT"S have weighed about 25 pounds.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whelen Nut's pooch, Skipper.
Needs some work on the "let-go" command.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Good pic !!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 66niteowl
[Linked Image]

Good pic !!

It sure is, and if you are a JRT guy, you know that is a "I'm good. Don't make me kill you." look. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 66niteowl
[Linked Image]

Good pic !!

It sure is, and if you are a JRT guy, you know that is a "I'm good. Don't make me kill you." look. smile

Little Cold is she.

Or did you just tell her NO for sumpin she dun did.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She's cold. When you tell a JRT "no", they may obey, but you will always get the middle-finger look.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
The only JRT I've known was the one at Wilderness in Tennessee, where the Campfire Hog Hunt took place a few years. He was a friendly guy, but when riding in his master's Ranger, he'd jump out and make sure downed hogs were dead. smile

Hey tex n cal...this one? crazy

[Linked Image]

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ltppowell
She's cold. When you tell a JRT "no", they may obey, but you will always get the middle-finger look.

That is the exact reason I asked.

They can tell you a lot when they look at you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

This is my buddy Andrew Brill's dog.

She would get cold and crawl up into the fire box on those cold June evenings that we spent in SA

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 153, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,772 guests, and 1,450 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,973
Posts18,480,717
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.