Print Thread
Hop To
S
stocker Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Guys: Here's one I tried today for the first time which is kind of a take off on the way we sometimes do pork chops.
<br>I used 9 deer loin chops for this so you can scale it down accordingly.
<br>
<br>I marinated the chops in red wine, soy sauce, chopped garlic (5 cloves), chopped onion (about 1/2 of a large white), rosemary (fresh or dried) and Worcestershire sauce (about a tablespoon), ground pepper. Just add to suit yourself and turn the meat a couple of times through the day.
<br>
<br>Remove the meat from marinade, pat dry with paper towels or old underwear, whatever's handy.
<br>
<br>Brown the chops in olive oil on both sides and arrange in a glass baking dish.
<br>
<br>Sprinkle about 1/5 chopped red pepper and 1/5 chopped green pepper over the chops.
<br>Sprinkle a package of Liptons dry onion soup mix over the chops.
<br>Spread contents of one can Campbells golden mushroom soup over the top.
<br> Add one can of beef stock to the baking dish (gotta stretch out the gravy).
<br>Cook uncovered in the oven at 325 for 1 hour.
<br>
<br>We ate it with mashed potatoes and it seemed good to me and my lady. No bells and whistles and everything is pretty handy to most kitchens.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sure sounds good, now I really wish we had time to drop by on our hunt up that way.
<br>We actually came through Williams Lake at 12:30 that day we left and came back through at night late and got a motel room and left too early in the morning to call you.
<br>I will have to try this recipe.
<br>Bill

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you pat dry with old underwear, do you still have to brown the meat? Isn't that redundant? ;-)
<br>art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
stocker Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Just leave the door open (not the trap door) a tad (reluctant to say a crack) and the stand up comics take advantage of the opportunity. Not sure if it's a redundancy or an excess.
<br>

That sounds absolutely wonderful. I have baked deer in a fashion very similar to what you have described. My older children were never that fond of bell peppers, so I would substitute a few sprinkles of cayenne pepper in the menagerie. It still had a nice little kick in the gravy and my ears were relieved of the whining from the kids. I would clean and chunk red potatoes and throw them into the fray instead of mashing potatoes. Miss Hazel would then only have one dish to clean. I do believe I will make an attempt at this recipe this week, thanks for the info!!
<br>
<br>Regards, John

SSH, Be vewy, vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Elmers'
IC B2

S
stocker Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
John: I tend to regard any recipe I get my hands on as a good start and then add, subtract or modify ingredients to my own tastes. I'd be disappointed in any camp cook who didn't think he could improve on a recipe. A person like that is obviously unimaginative and a bore to boot. (:>)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 257Bob, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.