Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by BWalker
Jorge, your a poser pure and simple. By your own admission you have very limited time to hunt. And when you do it involves someone holding your hand, a game farm or something else along those lines.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that Barnes TTSX are the best bullets ever made. They work on any game any way you hunt it.

BS.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SCI? sorry, not a member. And YOU are a "player"? tsk, pardon me whilst I laugh my ass off... Nice hyperbole BTW..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495
Jorge, your a poser pure and simple. By your own admission you have very limited time to hunt. And when you do it involves someone holding your hand, a game farm or something else along those lines.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that Barnes TTSX are the best bullets ever made. They work on any game any way you hunt it.

BS.

So says the campfire Orifice (rectal) At Delphi....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Boy am I glad I mostly shot Partitions and BBC's.......once I figured out I hated C&C bullets except for varmints. grin

Last edited by BobinNH; 12/29/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Maybe your one of those guys that like to track running game like Rost. Barnes probably are the best for guys like that.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
SCI? sorry, not a member. And YOU are a "player"? tsk, pardon me whilst I laugh my ass off... Nice hyperbole BTW..

Your reading comprehension is poor.
You are a poser through and through. That's a fact and by your own admission.

Last edited by BWalker; 12/29/16.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trying to reason with millennial snowflakes like BWalker..

Last edited by jorgeI; 12/29/16.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Edit: none, but two buffalo but again irrelevant...

None. But you're an expert nonetheless. Just like with elk.

Only a true dipschit would introduce the topic of dangerous game in a discussion of elk bullets.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Boy am I glad I mostly shot Partitions and BBC's.......

True story, I was in a Sportsman's Warehouse buying some deer bullets, 130 partitions for my .270, a classic big game killer if there ever was one.

TTSXs had just come out. The 20-something kid behind the counter told me the partitions were no good for deer, and I should get the super-duper new Barnes TTSX, because the plastic tip had vastly improved the BC and therefore the bullet.

I said "is that so?" Followed by "wait a minute" and went and got another box of partitions and put it on the counter. "Ring me up."

Arguing which bullet is "best" is really a waste of time, they all have their niche. A Barnes may be best for a high velocity cartridge and close-in shots. But not for longer distances in mild cartridges.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by smokepole

True story, I was in a Sportsman's Warehouse buying some deer bullets, 130 partitions for my .270, a classic big game killer if there ever was one.

TTSXs had just come out. The 20-something kid behind the counter told me the partitions were no good for deer, and I should get the super-duper new Barnes TTSX, because the plastic tip had vastly improved the BC and therefore the bullet.

I said "is that so?" Followed by "wait a minute" and went and got another box of partitions and put it on the counter. "Ring me up."

Arguing which bullet is "best" is really a waste of time, they all have their niche. A Barnes may be best for a high velocity cartridge and close-in shots. But not for longer distances in mild cartridges.

Agreed! I have not done a lot of chasing unless I screwed up and didn't hit where I shoulda....which happens to us all!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Edit: none, but two buffalo but again irrelevant...

None. But you're an expert nonetheless. Just like with elk.

Only a true dipschit would introduce the topic of dangerous game in a discussion of elk bullets.

NEVER ever did I claim to be an expert on elk. I merely (and correctly, a concept you habitually fail to grasp) that an elk is no different than any other 800~ ruminant. As to the dangerous game "introduction", I was merely pointing out the STUPIDITY of your post referencing solids:

If depth of penetration was the most important variable in determining effectiveness in killing big game then hunting bullets and their manufacture would be greatly simplified--they'd all be non-expandable.

And there's plenty more of your "absolutisms" declaring C&C bullets cause more damage than TTSXs EVERY TIME, which are equally idiotic. This is all absurd really, I can ask guys like Hatari with elephant, hippo and buffalo to this credit to chime in and embarrass you further, but you're doing a great job on your own. Lastly, the noshitsherlock, clearly overtasked your pointy headedness. Try writing those three words verbatim and see what comes up.

Carry on smoking your pole...Say, you're not Ron Jeremy are you?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

And that kid's statement is just as stupid as your claims TTSXs never cause as much internal damage as Partitions in every case... As to your statement (in bold), this might come as a surprise to you, but that is EXACTLY what I've said and have been saying all along and if I didn't agree with it, I would not have a wall full of animals killed with Partitions.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
...... just as stupid as your claims TTSXs never cause as much internal damage as Partitions in every case...

And there's plenty more of your "absolutisms" declaring C&C bullets cause more damage than TTSXs EVERY TIME, which are equally idiotic.

It appears that you're either hitting the sauce, need a new prescription, or you scored some "really good schit" and just smoked a bunch of it.

Because I haven't said any of that stuff, or anything close.

Carry on smoking your pole...Say, you're not Ron Jeremy are you?

LOL, I get down to Florida a few times a year, any time you want to meet face to face, just let me know.

And we'll see who smokes what. Clown.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Jesus boys. Killin elk aint that hard.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just a handful of examples. I realize not everyone lives in elk country, but they die like everything else..

180 gr MRX, 795 yards

[Linked Image]

175 NABLR, 415 yards
[Linked Image]

230gr OTM berger, 40 yards
[Linked Image]

sharp stick, 35 yards
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Nice! Wonderful bulls!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks Bob..I'd like to point out to sooth BWalkeer, that no one was holding my hand on the one killed at long range with the Barnes..Got lucky i guess?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Beautiful bulls, sir. You live in a beautiful state! J

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks Jorge, Dont let these guys fool ya..Half the guys that live with them right outside their door havent got a clue either.

These simply are the good old days in the west when it comes to elk hunting, it has never been better than it is right now.

Mule deer on the other hand have seen better days.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (320090T, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 257_X_50, 20 invisible), 1,224 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,939
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.