Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
walt501 Online Happy OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Happy
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

The rampant pony rides again, now stamped to the frame of the resurrected Colt Cobra snubby. This pre-SHOT ad is from Gun World magazine and touts the .38’s trigger and “revised grip structure.” While many said it would never happen, who isn’t glad to see Colt back in the revolver business? And with this, you have to think that a new generation Python can’t be far behind.

Click Here

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's great news. I wish they had gone more retro in looks than they did, but still. Great to see. The Cobra was about the best concealed carry handgun design.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If it is a Cobra, then this will be an aluminum frame...

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RJM
Correct. Otherwise it would be called the return of the Detective Special.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Steel, so they say.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
That's great news. I wish they had gone more retro in looks than they did, but still. Great to see. The Cobra was about the best concealed carry handgun design.

My Mother still carries in her purse the little nickel or hard chrome, with nice wood grips Colt Cobra 38 Spec. I got her more than 30 years ago, bought her some 125 gr Hydra-Shoks back in the day.

I shot those up about 15 years ago then re loaded her some 125 gr Gold Dots grin, it's a fun little revolver to shoot.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJM

Pretty sure they're just going with the snake theme all the way up the line of reissued revolvers. I believe they'll bring back the Python and Anaconda as well.

Price will probably be out of line with other similar revolvers. Maybe the Cobra can compete with the Kimber, although not sure that the Kimber is selling very well??

I'd rather look for and pick up an old Detective Special if looking for a Colt snubnose, but that's just me.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by RJM

Pretty sure they're just going with the snake theme all the way up the line of reissued revolvers. I believe they'll bring back the Python and Anaconda as well.

Price will probably be out of line with other similar revolvers. Maybe the Cobra can compete with the Kimber, although not sure that the Kimber is selling very well??

I'd rather look for and pick up an old Detective Special if looking for a Colt snubnose, but that's just me.

They are getting harder to find in used gun cases. I have several, from pristine safe queens to honestly worn shooters.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Till ten or fifteen years ago, nice ones were available at most pawn shops and gun stores that carried used guns.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Steel, so they say.

Read the fine print......since it is steel and only a .38 Special +P, one has to wonder why Ruger and S&W can make smaller lighter guns in .357 and Colt can't....

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When I was at the NRA convention back in the spring I talked with a Colt representative and he said that there would be several different revolver models returning, so if you don't see what you want wait a little bit.

Originally Posted By: P_Weed

I never met a gun I didn't like.

SEdge,

I have an AMT Hardballer I can fix you up with.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Thankfully there are enough K-frame snubs out there that I dont have to worry about something like this.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Should be a really cool failure.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i have a colt cobra in the fanny pack right now. Use to be carried on the detroit p.d.
it has one obvious atvantage over the jframe, it's six shots.
I have the version with the shroud around the ejector rod, earlier versions didn't have the shroud. I have never really liked the idea of the exposed rod, on the dick special, or cobra. A later version of the same idea was the agent, pretty much the same thing but a cheaper finish.
They still feel like a colt tho, in the action, and my heart belongs to smith. I have a dick special too, but prefer for packing the alloy cobra. I think they can handle p+, but i don't think a steady diet of them.
I have a k frame 19 two inch. Yeah, it shoots magnum. But it is also heavier than the cobra.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 12/30/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

And they sure got spendy. I had one from about 1981 till 2012, and sold it. Couldn't stand it anymore and found one that had been ceracoted (who cares) and bought it for slightly over $500. Doubt I'll ever sell it. They are just too nice, and I like the 6 shot. Plus they tend to shoot to POA with 158 grain SWC's. What more can a guy ask for.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

And they sure got spendy. I had one from about 1981 till 2012, and sold it. Couldn't stand it anymore and found one that had been ceracoted (who cares) and bought it for slightly over $500. Doubt I'll ever sell it. They are just too nice, and I like the 6 shot. Plus they tend to shoot to POA with 158 grain SWC's. What more can a guy ask for.

I should show this post to my wife, i would shudder to post what i paid for a dick special and a cobra a few years ago, but it was way south of 500bucks. But then so were the chief's specials, j frames and just about everything else.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Check out Gunbroker, but be sure you are sitting down. It's a shock for a nice one.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

Clark

Agreed! And with that butt ugly truglo front sight they put on it, who the hell would want one?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by deflave

Clark

Agreed! And with that butt ugly truglo front sight they put on it, who the hell would want one?
Might be ugly, but they work very well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing wrong with the truglo front sight they put on them. Ugly they may be but they sure show up good.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,546
Posts18,491,649
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.