Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Deflave will not be attending this yrs event... He said maybe next yr

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by 79S
Deflave will not be attending this yrs event... He said maybe next yr

Which one?

New applicants require a vetting process through the committee... bribes are encouraged, actually required.

If you are having your people contacting my people... additional processing bribes are required.

No group applications.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And egging Kaywoodie on telling stories... he's a damn chick magnet.

Get Him and Paladin at the same time, about half lit, and you will laugh until your ribs hurt. Saw that at Ed's one night, just a few of us still up. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
- - - A little change - - a gun can only be used one time in a match except for the dangerous game - -. You can loan a rifle but then you cannot use it for that same match. It's not fair to the guys shooting a cold (unknown wind )shot when someone else can shoot a rifle and then the next guy can see exactly where it shot and make adjustments.

We do enjoy plenty of informal shooting and sharing of firearms and, yes, the competitive shoots are friendly and great fun. But we do try to compete on fair terms and Dennis is on the mark with this change. I would add that the shooter should go to the line/bench alone to do his/her setup and shot, with neither assistance nor interference (including wisecracks about my lousy eyesight when I'm trying to find stuff, and envious snarks about Darby's nice stuff.).

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Oh, and one more rule for Darby, he has to use old, ugly, rusty guns this year!! grin

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by CCCC
- - - A little change - - a gun can only be used one time in a match except for the dangerous game - -. You can loan a rifle but then you cannot use it for that same match. It's not fair to the guys shooting a cold (unknown wind )shot when someone else can shoot a rifle and then the next guy can see exactly where it shot and make adjustments.

We do enjoy plenty of informal shooting and sharing of firearms and, yes, the competitive shoots are friendly and great fun. But we do try to compete on fair terms and Dennis is on the mark with this change. I would add that the shooter should go to the line/bench alone to do his/her setup and shot, with neither assistance nor interference (including wisecracks about my lousy eyesight when I'm trying to find stuff, and envious snarks about Darby's nice stuff.).

This is true given my one experience. That said, it seemed pretty competitive for some.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
In the past I have pulled a gun out and informally shot, but I don't participate in the saturday shoots as I'm as noncompetitive in my shooting, hunting, fishing as can be. Also I can't deal with being in large crowds especially noisy environments.

If I can stay busy with cooking or stuff I can deal with crowds, it drives my wife and daughter crazy, they go to parties, gatherings and shopping without me.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp
I'm as noncompetitive in my shooting, hunting, fishing as can be. Also I can't deal with being in large crowds especially noisy environments.

it drives my wife and daughter crazy, they go to parties, gatherings and shopping without me.

Kent

Same here.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am definitely looking forward to some more of Kent's fish.
Absolutely delicious!

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Smallmouth should start biting soon...

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, and one more rule for Darby, he has to use old, ugly, rusty guns this year!! grin

Am thinking that Darby never has owned an old, ugly, rusty anything - so he may have to go find one. But, he has a brand new nice range over there and is probably out getting ready every day.
Been thinking about some shooting up here, but it's been well below freezing when the wind isn't blowing or snow isn't flying. May have to stop somewhere in the desert before the event.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
We just will not be able to go - wish we could pull it off.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ouch - Mark - sure have been looking forward to seeing you both. Will miss you.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC

Am thinking that Darby never has owned an old, ugly, rusty anything - so he may have to go find one. But, he has a brand new nice range over there and is probably out getting ready every day.
Been thinking about some shooting up here, but it's been well below freezing when the wind isn't blowing or snow isn't flying. May have to stop somewhere in the desert before the event.

I have an old remington 552 speedmaster with broken stock, screws from home depot and an old 4x15 scope that he can use

grin grin grin

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Hope you can make it again... it's dead west of Punkin Center, about 1.5 miles of dirt road, good enough I get my fifth wheel into.

Kent

It's looking better for me being able to drop in at least Kent.

So it sounds like a regular car can navigate the dirt road? I'm truckless for the next couple months most likely.

And what kind of equipment is needed to facilitate the shooting? Are there benches or do you need to bring your own? I have a pretty decent trap to throw birds if enough people would be interested in that, but wouldn't want to hump it if I wasn't sure it would be useful.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
A car can make it, shooting stuff is brought by various folks and clay hand throwers are used. Just get there.

Kent

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
rufus, i haven't seen b.c. colorado posting on here for a while, but he has had no difficulty driving his car into the campsite and the same with others. But it's like anything else in arizona, dry conditions are one thing, rain and mud are another.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Family vehicles have made it just fine, if there is an issue we will have phone # to call and someone can run back the mile to Punkin center and do a park and ride.

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks, Rick, for making this a "sticky".

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with knee surgery.
I hope you have an excellent recovery.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Headed to the lake today to catch vittles... hopefully...

Kent

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

699 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,233 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,243
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.