Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I admit that I haven't watched it, as Hitler's death and his body being captured by the Russians are pretty well documented. Stalin used the fact that the western Allies could not prove what happened to get political leverage in setting up Soviet influence in Eastern Europe following the war.

I don't doubt that a few high level Nazis escaped to South America, and probably quite a few mid level, but to me the idea that Hitler slipped out to live happily ever after seems ludicrous.

Every time I see the commercials for the show, I get a mental picture of Joe Stalin laughing his ass off.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Found him!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting program, and quite convincing.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm not so sure about the Russians really finding his body. The reason I say this is I saw a report that the Russians claim to have disposed of the body several years after the war except for the skull. The skull had the bullet hole in it as was reported to match Hitler shooting himself. A few years ago a Western researcher was given access to the skull and was able to get a DNA sample from it. It is claimed that tests indicated the skull was not that of Hitler's and if I remember correctly, it was also found to have been female. So...if this is true, the testimony of the Luftwaffe pilot that testified that he flew Hitler to Denmark from Berlin may well be true. Or, maybe for some unknown reason the Russians made a substitution. I have no idea why they would do such a thing, so I doubt that. I don't guess the public will ever know for sure unless someone claims they have discovered the body and has DNA tests run on it to confirm it. If he really did actually die in Argentina or somewhere several years after the war, I see no reason for the truth not to come out now. Surely all or darn near all of his cronies are now also dead. I think it was just a few years ago that Martin Bormann's body was discovered in Berlin, putting theories of his escape to rest.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I watch this show and it is very interesting. Whether they prove Hitler escaped or not, they uncover some interesting stuff.

I lived in Argentina 1976-77 and there were lots of old Nazis there. We used to run into them at functions on occasion.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I watch it also and find it interesting not because of the fact that Hitler might have escaped but because of all the info they have found about the other higher level Nazis that did escape and where they went too. If I remember correctly, the beginning of last year, they caught a 94 or 95 year old Nazi and put him on trial.

I will say if you have been watching the show, it makes you question if Hitler did escape or not. As much of a control freak as he was, it is hard for me to believe he shot himself. I always thought he would have had several ways to escape. Even if he did get out, he didnt live to long due to his health though.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
In 1989 I met an elderly German gentleman in Rottenburg, who upon finding out I was American, couldn't wait to tell me his history following the war. He lived and worked in the US for the government for 10 years in California before being transferred to a South American country to work ostensibly for a private company. He lived there for 30 years and had only recently returned to Germany. He mentioned off-handedly, that a lot of his fellow countrymen were "finally" returning home.

I don't believe Hitler survived the war. He was already a crazy sumbish and if he didn't off himself, one of his aids did it for him.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
A more interesting question is how the Nazis escaped to Argentina, Bolivia, etc., who aided them and why it was South America they went to.

I have no doubt that the authorities of the various South American countries the Nazis went to knew their background. Why did they accept them?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have only seen one part of one of those shows.... But what always sticks in my mind is everyone wanted Hitler dead and the war over.... Even if he escaped, it would have been better for everyone at the time to believe he was dead.... No massive man hunt, No political issues with other countries he might be in...

Think of how all the people at the time that suffered from that war would have continued to suffer even more if they thought Hitler was alive.... I certainly was better for everyone to believe he was dead......

With this in mind.... You never know

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in the 50s thru the early 70s lots of the children of former Nazis sent their children to boarding schools here in the US, England and Switzerland. I dated a sweet young gal from Chili for a year. Her dad was on the war crimes list and could not come to visit his daughter here in the US
I put the hunting Hitler with the programs hunting Big Foot

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They need a new Hitler over there now, clean out all that cshit they let in their country

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've seen a few episodes and it is interesting, but rather ludicrous. A number of high-level Nazis did escape to South America (Eichmann, Mengele, etc.) and either died or captured (Eichmann). While high-level Nazis, there were not the most notorious or most easily recognized.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm convinced there was a plan for Hitler to escape. After Stalingrad no one had any doubt that they were going to lose the war. They would have planned for it even if Hitler had not been in on it. The question is whether Hitler actually followed through with the plan.

If you look at it, there were only about four guys who actually saw the bodies. And they were all committed NAZIs and some of them didn't survive. The biggest piece of evidence are that Hitler's dental technician identified his bridgework when show it by the Russians. But those dentures are nowhere to be found today.

You have a pilot who testified in court that he flew Hitler out of Berlin and so on and so forth. The one thing about the whole story that rings true is that after his escape the other NAZIS realized that they had this pile of money and that the crazy old man was pretty much irrelevant and he died virtually abandoned and in obscurity. If he had escaped, that ending makes more sense than anything else I've ever heard.

I doubt he escaped but I am certain elaborate plans were made for an escape.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Interesting program, and quite convincing.

convincing of what?

I watched a small snippet of one show on how a couple of hitlers buddies were seen getting off a plane that made a crash landing in shallow water in some place in spain(?)

The hosts said that it was obvious that Hitler wasn't have been on that plane because he couldn't have survived the crash citing his size and health issues, and his body would have been found.

Yet the two cohorts and the plane's crew survived. crazy

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Grumulkin
A more interesting question is how the Nazis escaped to Argentina, Bolivia, etc., who aided them and why it was South America they went to.

In the case of the German gentleman I spoke with, he was in the US before 1945 ended. He happened to be connected to rocketry in some form. The US didn't want him falling into the hands of the Russians. You remember Von Braun? He should have been executed. Instead, we sponsored him and used him. Same with the gentleman I spoke with. Past sins are forgiven if there's a political expediency.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It was an interesting series. I'd like to have seen the last show but missed it.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by g5m
It was an interesting series. I'd like to have seen the last show but missed it.

You can catch it on a re-run. They explored a militarized compound surrounded by an old barbed wire fence that was wired with detection devices. Underground bunkers contained a control room, safe room, and entrance road hydraulically operated barricades that would "stop a tank." They climbed up into an observation tower where they could see dozens of miles in every direction. Inside the compound they found a factory where small arms were being manufactured.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Grumulkin

I have no doubt that the authorities of the various South American countries the Nazis went to knew their background. Why did they accept them?

In earlier episodes they discussed the association between Peron and Hitler. It was alluded that Peron had been bribed with great war treasure, not to mention he too was a fascist. The most plausible explanation was that Hitler was flown to Spain (either the NW Vigo coast or southern coast at Cadiz) where he boarded a submarine who took him to pre-arranged facilities in Argentina and/or Chile. Franco was also somewhat friendly with Hitler, so free-passage through Spain was a given. All in all, the theories were back up with 1940s and 50s FBI and CIA documents that corraborated the theories.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The equivalent of trillions of dollars in today's money was transferred to South America.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 17,667 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,896
Posts18,538,635
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.