Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
A necessary first step in dealing with the violence, at least in the Trans Pecos is to implement a Guest Worker Program so that Juan and Maria, who cross just to make a better life for their families, can cross by legal means.

Once the traffic is reduced to primarily just the drug smugglers, the harsh measures advocated for by many of you can be implemented.

The "Northern Experts", who fear they will lose their jobs to a Mexican who is illiterate even in his own language, are the chief obstacle to this first step.

that was tried in the 50's in arizona, called the bracero program.
old caeser chavez wasn't to happy about it, his people use to beat the crap out of new arrivals, they were competitive with his attempts to unionize farm workers. Pretty soon those "guests" started wanting a/c apts, health care, you name it. The cost of a head of lettuce would have gone to ten bucks ahead. So it went back to the old way of sneaking across the border. Now there were retirement programs set up, money sent to what's now wells fargo, and sent to mexico for the workers benefits. When they went to claim it, it disappeared. So even tho it was stolen in mexico, go figure, a lawsuit was filed against the U.S. Bank. I never did know the results of that.
I had a good friend, now deceased, that had farms on both sides of the border, he was the one telling me how it fizzeled out. What isn't often known, in the 50's, they were recruiting kids in arizona to pick melons in yuma for about .90/hour as summer work.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/09/17.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
A necessary first step in dealing with the violence, at least in the Trans Pecos is to implement a Guest Worker Program and sixtiesso that Juan and Maria, who cross just to make a better life for their families, can cross by legal means.

Once the traffic is reduced to primarily just the drug smugglers, the harsh measures advocated for by many of you can be implemented.

The "Northern Experts", who fear they will lose their jobs to a Mexican who is illiterate even in his own language, are the chief obstacle to this first step.

True, and if you supply free insurance, housing and a new car he may even be appreciative.

So you want it left as it is then?

The Bracero Program in the fifties and sixties didn't result in that.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Many of the drug mules are Cartel victims themselves. Their families in Mexico are hostages, held under fear of death.

They can carry a load of drugs fifty or so miles and be paid 300 bucks at the handoff, or be killed.

"The Silver or the lead"....... that tactic is the cornerstone of the Cartels' success and is applied across the full spectrum and on both sides of the River.

Okay...how is that your concern, I would have thought you would be primarily focusing on the rights of Americans.

If any in Mexico want change they can do that themselves...probably would have happened if your government didn't keep sending the nasties in Mexico small arms.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We have hunted Mule Deer and Aoudad all up and down that country from Terlingua up to Presidio and over to Valentine. Some of the most breath taking country God ever created. Unfortunately- every time we have run in to a BP out on a ranch or county road- they warn us and advise us to be very diligent I.E., there are a lot of 2 legged coyotes and drug runners there from the mexican side. Oh and by the way- we are always armed with AR's, center fires, pistols etc. Sucks that we have to be that defensive on our own soil.
Prayers to the family.

Last edited by 30incher; 01/09/17.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
A necessary first step in dealing with the violence, at least in the Trans Pecos is to implement a Guest Worker Program and sixtiesso that Juan and Maria, who cross just to make a better life for their families, can cross by legal means.

True, and if you supply free insurance, housing and a new car he may even be appreciative.

Correct...it resulted in open borders in 2016 and the US losing control of large sections of the border states.

How is that working out?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Correct...it resulted in open borders in 2016 and the US losing control of large sections of the border states.

How is that working out?

You're pretty clueless about the material you're lecturing and pontificating on here, Old Timer.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

How is that working out?

You're pretty clueless about the material you're lecturing and pontificating on here, Old Timer.

Probably, but I do like closed borders and restricted entry.

Would you be suggesting there are no border problems...and be aware that a lot of my information is what you yourself have posted.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

There's no "probably about tit,...you are WAY out of your depth on this particular "immigration problem".

One size does emphatically NOT fit all.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

There's no "probably about tit,...you are WAY out of your depth on this particular "immigration problem".

One size does emphatically NOT fit all.

GTC

Then explain it to me...please.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Please ?
You've had YEARS to read or re-read stuff we've been writing about our southern border here on this site. And you HAVE responded to a bloody chit load of those posts.
If you are as clueless as you seem to be, there's not a lick of sense in me trying to explain any of it to you now,...and I'm in no mood to waste the time.

GTC

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Please ?
You've had YEARS to read or re-read stuff we've been writing about our southern border here on this site. And you HAVE responded to a bloody chit load of those posts.
If you are as clueless as you seem to be, there's not a lick of sense in me trying to explain any of it to you now,...and I'm in no mood to waste the time.

GTC

So...no you won't.

Okay...try this on for size .

How does employing foreign nationals and having American citizens unemployed benefit the nation, how does having American funds moving across the border every day benefit your nation, how does having the American taxpayer funding medical and education expenses of foreign nationals benefit the American people.

If Mexican citizens wish to emigrate to America they have the option of applying for American citizenship, and there is no problem at all with that I can see.

But coming in illegally and tolerating same does absolutely nothing for your nation.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Just in case you missed the cue, now is the time for you to copy and paste someone else's article.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Bad place

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stuart
coming in illegally and tolerating same

....show me one example of my supporting, or "tolerating" and post it.

lotsa' luck with that, sport.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stuart, I've made a couple trips to your country, staying a couple weeks each time. Other than getting a feel for the geography and culture, I'm at no advantage to members who have only read about it.

With respect to the Trans Pecos section of our border, geography IS the story. The same holds true for the Tucson section where Crossfireoops lives though it is different geography.

An acceptable answer for ANY military question is :" It is dependent on the situation and terrain, Sir."

You would do well to keep that answer in mind.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Stuart
coming in illegally and tolerating same

....show me one example of my supporting, or "tolerating" and post it.

lotsa' luck with that, sport.

GTC

I have not said you do Cross, but the question still stands...how does having foreign nationals working in America whilst American citizens are not working benefit the nation as a whole?

And no, this is not a question of ethnicity...it is a question of citizenship and fiscal responsibility.

For example, whites that are there illegally should be kicked out as well.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Curdog, if foreign nationals work over here, is the child they drop here a US citizen, which, btw, is another problem that needs to be rectified.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've come across mules in the Chiricahua's and near the Tohono O'odham reservation. The ones near the rez were armed. Pretty scary.

I just try to steer clear... If it comes down to a battle, then yes, protect yourself.

Last Oct I was hunting whitetails in the Chiricahua's. Ran into the BP chasing some mules. Told me stories that would curl your toe nails.

Yes, there is a HUGE problem all along the border, AZ, NM and TX.

And just as another mentioned. You detain or anything else and you're the one that gets in trouble.

A good read:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/30/illegal-immigrant-suspected-murder-arizona-rancher.html

a quote from the article:

Rancher Roger Barnett was sued for $32 million for pointing his gun at a group of illegal immigrants. He says that immigration advocates in Washington may argue the border is secure, but that Krentz's death puts paid to those claims.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb/04/nation/la-na-arizona-rancher-20110205

Court upholds verdict against Arizona rancher who detained illegal immigrants on his land
A federal appeals court rules that Arizona rancher Roger Barnett must pay $87,000 to four illegal immigrants he detained at gunpoint. The court says the immigrants were not armed and didn't threaten him.

http://www.desertinvasion.us/invasion_pictures/invasion_barnett.html

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Stuart, I've made a couple trips to your country, staying a couple weeks each time. Other than getting a feel for the geography and culture, I'm at no advantage to members who have only read about it.

With respect to the Trans Pecos section of our border, geography IS the story. The same holds true for the Tucson section where Crossfireoops lives though it is different geography.

An acceptable answer for ANY military question is :" It is dependent on the situation and terrain, Sir."

You would do well to keep that answer in mind.

With all respect Curdog...what is on the American side of the border belongs to Americans (regardless OF ethnicity), what is on the Mexican side of the border is for the Mexicans (white, black, or brindle...it matters not).

What the American Government does should benefit Americans, particularly on American soil.

And employing foreign nationals whilst Americans sit on their arse not working is definitely NOT in the interest of America.

If it is...please shew me how.

And please note that this argument can be directly transposed to the Australian arena.
I postulate that all foreign employment should be ceased and limited to Australians and those becoming Australians.
Further, unemployment benefits should be limited to a maximum of three months in every fifteen as it is a safety net not a damned life-style choice.

I also note that all the entry level jobs our kids had access to are now taken up by foreign nationals that send just about everything they make out of the country.

And most of us are bloody well sick of it.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 44 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,723
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.