Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
1 week away, any of the 'maybe' folks able to confirm?

Usually about 25 folks at this one and over 50 at the summer one, more families can make the summer event.

Get'n stuff ready.

Kent

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's looking pretty good for me, though I have no idea when I'll get out of work Friday so will likely just head out zero dark thirty on Saturday morning. Haven't decided whether to stay over or just head back Sat. night but should be there all that day.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Cool!

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Speaking of bacon.

Dang (depending on who is reading this), I won't be able to make it this go 'round. Just got in from SC yesterday for a week, so won't have the time to make it to AZ.

And I was hoping to bring my own rifles to beat Dennis with this year.

Anyhoo, have fun and save the bacon. Speaking of which, if anyone has a good recipe for bacon, feel free to share. I have a slab of raw pork belly that I need to do something with.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
David- Sure wish you could make it. I need to speak to you about WY Pronghorn this year.

Kent, count me in. Let me know what I can do you help you.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
IC B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paladin
Speaking of bacon.

Dang (depending on who is reading this), I won't be able to make it this go 'round. Just got in from SC yesterday for a week, so won't have the time to make it to AZ.

And I was hoping to bring my own rifles to beat Dennis with this year.

Anyhoo, have fun and save the bacon. Speaking of which, if anyone has a good recipe for bacon, feel free to share. I have a slab of raw pork belly that I need to do something with.

David

David, PM Joe Darbyshire... He's been makin some good bacon for a few yers now.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp
1 week away, any of the 'maybe' folks able to confirm?

Usually about 25 folks at this one and over 50 at the summer one, more families can make the summer event.

Get'n stuff ready.

Kent

I have to bow out. Sorry; work drafted me for next Friday and possibly Sunday. Between the homeless and the Liberals we are getting busy.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Crap! I was hoping to meet Ranger Green and then, David.. I'm always disappointed when you can't make it...

We need more retirees in the crowd...or self employed etc..

Also bumming Ivan isn't going to be able to make it...

there will be folks there I am really happy to see, as always.... but the down side is you boys that won't be able to make it...

I look forward to this, much more than I ever would a high school or college reunion...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is a shame that the folks that can't make it won't be able to defend themselves when their names come up in conversation as we're passin' the jug 'round the 'fire!

Ken, I'm talking about you (LOL).

Ken perks up when someone mentions jugs! (Ha).

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paladin
Speaking of bacon.

And I was hoping to bring my own rifles to beat Dennis with this year. - - - -
David

Speaking of Dennis and shooting - is there any clear info on shoots/distances, etc.??

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hi Kent. Planning to be there by Friday daytime. If you need things, please let me now.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hello,
I haven't been on the 'fire much because the constant redirects are such a pain. I am doubtful to be there for the Tonto camp. We were planning on it, but Stephen's basketball team has been killing it. They are in the State tournament starting this weekend, and so we have game this weekend and through next week as they progress.
If they make it through the championship game is the night of the 11th. Sorry folks, but we'll be in Quemado this summer!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like we can make it this year!
Doug and his Grandson and I.
Plan on arriving Thursday PM.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't remember who asked last year but I will have some Soju this year!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
OK, Paul asked me to put some stuff up about the shoots. The range in Tonto is more restrictive than Armijo so I will try to make the best guess at the ranges.

Prairie dog shoot: One shot, any sporting rifle with no sighters before hand. Anticipated distance is 150 yards. A rifle can only be used ONCE in this match. Closest to center wins.

Rimfire #1 shoot. 5 shots at an orange target spot (4") Must be a sporting rifle in 22 Long Rifle caliber. Any sights-no restrictions on shooting position. Anticipated range is 150 yards. Rifle can only be used ONCE in this match. Smallest group that has at least one round on the spot wins.

Rimfire #2 shoot. 5 shots at a pest type target (rat, crow etc) with an orange spot on it. Match must be shot from a field position- no bench rest. No scope allowed. Rifle can be used only ONCE in this match. Anticipated range is 35 yards. Smallest group with ALL shots on the pest and one in the orange win. If nobody meets this criteria, smallest group that has one round in Orange wins.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
OK, Paul asked me to put some stuff up about the shoots. The range in Tonto is more restrictive than Armijo so I will try to make the best guess at the ranges.

Rimfire #1 shoot. 5 shots at an orange target spot (4") Must be a sporting rifle in 22 Long Rifle caliber. Any sights-no restrictions on shooting position. Rifle can only be used ONCE in this match. Smallest group that has at least one round on the spot wins.

Distance on this shoot? Greater than 100 yards ? 125 yards ? 150 yards ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am sitting in an RV park, in south central New Mexico, as we speak. Don't know what day, but unless something breaks, I will be there. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Miles, you doing a drive about? you are a day away and a week early... lol

Kent

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Owl
Originally Posted by dennisinaz

Rimfire #1 shoot. 5 shots at an orange target spot (4") Must be a sporting rifle in 22 Long Rifle caliber. Any sights-no restrictions on shooting position. Rifle can only be used ONCE in this match. Smallest group that has at least one round on the spot wins.

Distance on this shoot? Greater than 100 yards ? 125 yards ? 150 yards ?

So, no 17 HMR? Bummer. I will see what I can come up with for Michael to shoot.

And I will see if I can get my 63 to cycle, It is the only one I have with open sights in .22.

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles, you doing a drive about? you are a day away and a week early... lol

Yep. Using the old roads instead of the interstate system. And looking at stuff. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1234, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,553
Posts18,473,018
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.