Print Thread
Hop To
H
huntem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Well I have an opportunity to purchase a leftover 06 Tribute for $500 out the door. I know it is a good price. Anything that I should know about the tribute?

I was leaning toward the Allegance until this opportunity came along. It does appear that other than some grip options they have changed much in the 07 models? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos
GB1

C
C
Huntem,
Love my '06 Tribute. I would say that if you like the way the bow shoots, then run, don't walk, to get the bow at that price. Haven't kept up with what Bowtech has in store for the Tribute in '07, but I can tell you that it will be a long while before I look to replace my Tribute. You won't beat that price (at least in SoCal), but as always, the most important thing is how you think it shoots.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
deal. I do prefer the 07 Tribute to the 06 because of the new grip, however both are great bows. The cam is also slightly redesigned giving it a little more brace height and ATA than last year.

Also, where the Tribute was my best selling bow for BowTech in 06, I think the 07 Allegiance will sell better because of it's redesign. The specs on the 06 Tribute are too similar to their new Guardian bow that has an extra years worth of engineering on the Tribute and a totally new design for only $50.00 more. I think the 07 Allegiance will do very well because the cut it's weight 1/4 of a pound and it's still the fastest bow in their lineup (meaning, it's about the fastest hunting bow made with a brace height over 7 inches while retaining it's shock free reputation).

Their new Guardian bow is just bad ASS!!!!!! Even less shock than last years bows, it was very fast and quieter than the other bowtechs. Also, the draw is smoother while keeping speeds similar to the Tribute. Meaning it's more effecient by getting more speed with less effort. The center pivot flight track of the string should also help with broadhead tuning.

However, We have only gotten 1 in for demonstration purposes and it was dry fired 3 days after getting it. The bow was very quiet on the dry fire (some bows sound like guns going off when they are dry fired) but the peep cut the string on the way out since it wasn't tied in and 2 of the speed nocks busted through the shrink tubing and flew off the string as well as the double nock on the center serving. I've seen about a dozen dry fires and have never seen a string generate enough speed to remove 1 nock, let alone 4.

I will say, I had a Hoyt Trykon dry fired last year and it was very quiet as well. Both are well engineered, well made bows.

H
huntem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I had multiple bows by multiple vendors on the line last month (minus tribute) and really like the feel of the allegiance.

On Sunday, I shot the 06 tribute and the guardian. Really did not care for the guardian and was a so so on the tribute. Now had the tribute been setup to my size, I'm sure things would have been totally different.

The only concern was when at full draw, the fletchings were a bit close to my face. I actually bumped the arrow off of the rest with my face. I would suspect that the fletchings could have been moved up the shaft a bit.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How far up are the fletchings? Are you sure the string isn't too deep on your face?

We try to fit most people so the string angles down towards the corner of their mouth and they can place their nose on the string while looking through the peep.

Because of the traditional heritage of archery and early compound bows, many still draw deeper with the string approaching near the back of their jaw bone. This will give you more speed but is more difficult to control the bow and shoot accurately (for most people).

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1badf350, 1_deuce, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 160user, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,807
Posts18,516,344
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.