-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
How many other places can you go to get a truly lousy, overpriced cup of coffee, rub elbows with effete snobs, and support the liberal agenda?

Starbucks to hire 10,000 refugees over next 5 years
Published January 29, 2017 Associated Press

WASHINGTON – Starbucks says it will hire 10,000 refugees over the next five years, a response to President Donald Trump's indefinite suspension of Syrian refugees and temporary travel bans that apply to six other Muslim-majority nations.

Howard Schultz, the coffee retailer's chairman and CEO, said in a letter to employees Sunday that the hiring would apply to stores worldwide and the effort would start in the United States where the focus would be on hiring immigrants "who have served with U.S. troops as interpreters and support personnel."

Schultz, a supporter of Hillary Clinton during the presidential run, took aim at other parts of a Trump agenda focused on immigration, repealing former President Barack Obama's health care law and restructuring trade with Mexico. The letter said that Starbucks would help support coffee growers in Mexico, provide health insurance to eligible workers if the health care law is repealed and back an Obama-era immigration program that allows young immigrants who were brought to the country as children to apply for a two-year reprieve from deportation and a work permit.

The move reflects the increasing complexity that businesses face when dealing with the Trump administration. Trump has met with CEOs at Ford, General Motors and Boeing and asked them to create jobs in the United States, while touting each announcement about new factory jobs as a success even if those additions had been planned before his presidential victory.

But not all corporate leaders have embraced Trump. Schultz added that Starbucks would aim to communicate with workers more frequently, saying Sunday, "I am hearing the alarm you all are sounding that the civility and human rights we have all taken for granted for so long are under attack."

From FOX News

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why won't he hire 10,000 American citizens instead?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, if Trump keeps it up, Sergeant Schultz can just build Starbucks stores in Aleppo and hire locals there.

Done.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My daughter is a millennial, she is now forbidden to enter the place. Actually, she told me to boycott the place. At least some of the young get it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been to starbucks 2 times at airports, back about 15 years ago. Didn't take me long to realize the coffee (that's what they called it) was terrible and the prices too high.

Haven't been back.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it's hard for me to boycott something I avoid anyway. I'm guessing MagMarc and I will have to find a new place in Wytheville to have coffee once a years. lol

Sam......

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yup, fugg em, told Wifey to pass the word at work today, they're off our list of retailers.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't need a reason. Spending more than $0.89 for a cup of coffee is reason to go somewhere else.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hatari

No, he's probably gonna fire 10,000 American employees and replace them with the Muslims.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Exactly!

I can just see enraged snowflakes taking to the streets in protest over not getting that ìncredible job down at Starbucks! And the employees stuck training the new immigrants are probably going to love it, too.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Exactly!

I can just see enraged snowflakes taking to the streets in protest over not getting that ìncredible job down at Starbucks! And the employees stuck training the new immigrants are probably going to love it, too.

And YET, they will still see it as Trump's fault.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Exactly!

You mean it isn't?!?!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
it's hard for me to boycott something I avoid anyway. I'm guessing MagMarc and I will have to find a new place in Wytheville to have coffee once a years. lol

We'll go to the Cracker Barrel wink

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Exactly!

Snowflakes, just another example of useful idiots.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

+1

....and starbucks is too damn slow mad

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10ring1, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,857
Posts18,497,077
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.