Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Snowflakes and old men, I should add.

Look honey, we covered 700 miles today...:)

Defend the Constitution
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tomk
As I said, jealousy.. When you get older, you'll appreciate comfort.. laugh

Piece of cake.. If I'd done that on my previous Voyager 1300 ('87-'05) I'd have to be pried off the seat.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Boycott!!??? eek

I gots to know!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I rode a Harley for a while but the Yamaha 1100 I had previously was a much better ride and bike. If I ever buy another bike it will be a Ducati

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I have no love for road bikes of any kind. That said, Harry is an American institution and I hope they thrive immensely. I am very surprised that they backed down. One would think that they could rally their own supporters to such an event. Soros needs a bullet through the noggin.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tomk

How much do you ordinarily cover in a day?

700 miles is a respectable total, for me that would be about 12 hours, including stops.

The most I ever did in a day was 1,000 miles, and did that several times followed by 800 miles the following day between San Antonio and New York State, mostly on sport bikes but the last three times on a Kawasaki KLR650, sleeping outside on the ground at night.

Once I did 2,500 miles between noontime Saturday and Monday night between Idaho and Houston, this on an unfaired Yamaha 550 (seeing a woman was the motivation cool). I didn't know enough to wear ear plugs back then eek

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
700 miles is a long haul. I don't care what the hell you ride.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Red, I assumed you had ridden a pre-evolution HD scooter.

I'd spell it out for you but this is a family website...:)

Judging by the size of the average honey riding shotgun on bikes, would have to agree comfort becomes a more important aspect with age...she just gets easier to lean back on...:)

Defend the Constitution
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
HD riders are nothing but a bunch of back stabbing -two face -eggsucking bass-turds --all present company excluded . Smiley caption here ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I don't know, I'd like to see these snowflake protestors outside in the cold and snow of a February Milwaukee day.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
IIRC, about 70 miles between stops seemed like quite a ways...

And yes, on the motivation...

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
HD riders are nothing but a bunch of back stabbing -two face -eggsucking bass-turds --all present company excluded . Smiley caption here ..

Wow,..worked egg-sucking in there. That's a possum level description.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HD corporate lost my respect when they started to specify and DEMAND compliance with a "Beautique" format for their dealerships,....a friend owned one, and the little [bleep] whose interior design mandates had to be complied with was a bit of a joke.
......The "Eagle Iron Upgrades" MAY have been good marketing strategy once,....but I've always wondered why the BEST braided lines, Pads, ventilated discs, free-est flowing air intakes / filters weren't part of the stock package.
....lotta damn coin for something plumbed with anything but the BEST, I'd say.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
seems kinda odd they issue a statement saying the president is not coming here.

while they are at it, they can issue a statement saying the Queen, Putin and Trudeau are not coming either.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Youse guys is hilarious... And SO off the mark.

Read the article again...

I'll highlight the operative words here: " wasn't comfortable hosting him amid planned protests...

HD didn't wanna incur the destruction and violence that the Soros' hires bring.. Can't blame 'em..

As to the other items in the posts - I sense true jealousy is the main culprit.. smile

I won't put HD on the fire's official boycott list just yet but any way you slice it that's not only cowardly but it emboldens the anarchists.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Isn't there a rather Bad Azzed Sheriff (Clarke) in that neck of the woods ?

Damn fine opportunity to get something POSITIVE done, regarding these occupier anarchists types.

Corporate lawyers bathe in Masingils, and worry about yeast infections, though.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I won't put HD on the fire's official boycott list just yet but any way you slice it that's not only cowardly but it emboldens the anarchists.
That's your take...

Not mine.. Another way to look at it is, once there's not much to protest about, they will go away - and Soro's money stops payin'. Mebbe those little miscreants will have to then find a REAL job..

Just sayin'..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
LOL.

In case y'all missed it, this is from CNN.

Nuff Said.

yeah I caught that right off the bat.. pays to read the entire article instead of just scanning it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham confirmed Trump is not expected to go to Milwaukee on Thursday.

Harley-Davidson issued a statement Tuesday night saying they "don't have, nor did we have, a scheduled visit from the President this week at any of our facilities."
"We are proud to have hosted Presidential visits at our facilities. Three of the last five presidents -- Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton -- have visited us at our facilities. These visits are a testament to the pride and passion of our employees and their great work building Harley-Davidson motorcycles," said Maripat Blankenheim, director of Harley-Davidson's corporate communication. "We look forward to hosting the president in the future."

CNN crap news network

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,020 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,268
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.