Print Thread
Hop To
D
DZG Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
I probably don't have enough posts to be considered without pause...having only been a member since 2007, I choose to read and absorb more often than post. Maybe I just do not know where to look, but feel the Campfire should have a Forum that gives honor to members that we have lost. BobinNH was a very close friend, and we shared PM's on occasion. It saddens me to have lost Bob and his knowledge and wisdom. I wouldn't have known had I not jumped over to Hunting Rifles and found it.

I was reading this morning "writers that influenced you the most" and Bob Faresse certainly comes to mind as a contemporary on the fire. I'll turn 65 this year, and like probably many here, are getting older and kinda long in the tooth. I was introduced to the Campfire originally by Dogzapper and later by Blackdog1. Blackdog1 introduced me BobinNH. I have learned a great deal from all of these members, as well as MuleDeer, and many others. JMHO, Thank you.

Hunting is about everything you do before you pull the trigger.
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Good idea!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You sure don`t post much,but when you do,you come up with a great idea.

Last edited by Huntz; 02/06/17.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
D
DZG Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Thanks handwerk, and Huntz,

I just felt having a forum dedicated to honor Campfire members that have past, where memories, pictures, thoughtful prayers and rememberance could be saved would honor or give thanks to members and their families.

Very thoughtful threads get posted with great pictures of past members, only to get lost or forgotten back in forums on page ...........

I am certain there are already many that I never got the privilege to know, but should be remembered for their friendships and contribution.

BobinNH comes to mind...RIP. My prayers go out to his family.

Hunting is about everything you do before you pull the trigger.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Good idea. Maybe just a list without allowing posting. One of my shotgun clubs does this by putting their names on a plaque. I didn't even know that BobinNH had passes away..

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A list like names on a plaque or memorial would be very nice.
I like the idea of not allowing posts. Members can run a thread on memories and stories of the deceased member. Otherwise, the list of diseased disappears into the fog of all the stories.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

235 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 16gage, 204guy, 17CalFan, 34 invisible), 1,870 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,861
Posts18,497,178
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.