Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
After all the grief my ex wife has caused me. I would love to have an opportunity to send her to prison.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by 4ager
Legal question. Say a man gets a call from an ex wife saying she has a 9nn handgun and a 20 gauge shotgun and she wants him to take the the shotgun to a pawn shop and pawn it for her. Lets say the ex wife is a two time felon. Say the guy knows he wants nothing to do with any of this. The question is since he knows she is a two time felon does he have any liability under the law if he does not report this to LEO?

Is he fuggin' stupid? If he knows she is a felon and barred from possession, the moment he enters into her presence with the intent declared or implied to take possession he is at risk. If he takes possession, he's f'ked.

She is an ex-wife? If there are minor kids still involved, get the cops involved, have her ass locked up, and get custody of the kids. If no kids involved? Tell her to piss up a rope, get a restraining order, and change numbers.

My thoughts. I am working hard to get him to turn her in. There are kids but she has no parental rights, he has full custody. Her felonies were for child abuse.

You should be minding your own business and he should stay out of it too
"EX" means ex. It doesn't mean be an ass.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by heavywalker
The problem has been solved. Thanks guys.

How?

I told my friend to call the police. He told his ex what I said and she freaked. I am sure the guns are no longer at her house. Were it me I would have called the police and asked for a plain cloths to go with me to appraise the guns. If they would not go I would have called BATFE.

There are several reasons. First we legal firearm owners face a hard road fighting against both politicians and criminals. I want to see firearm crimes punished.

Second, she is a pure bitch.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Snyper

So you think criminals with what are most likely stolen firearms should not be punished for breaking federal laws or do you think only law abiding citizens should be held to the law?

The woman is a druggy and a two time felon living on welfare. there is no way she could get her hands on a firearm unless she stole it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Yes, it appears that you have to be guilty of what would be aiding and abetting in order to get hit with misprision.

I was tryin to reconcile the 5th amendment (you can STFU) with this crime (can't STFU). I couldn't see where the supremes had said anything about it, least usin google.

Sorry about the convictions. If they're old, maybe you can geet em expunged, or try for a pardon.

He's FOS. Just ignore...

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sorry about the convictions. If they're old, maybe you can geet em expunged, or try for a pardon.

Do you realize Ed toomanyletters is ex LEO?
You make it sound as if you believe he was the one convicted.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

So you think criminals with what are most likely stolen firearms should not be punished for breaking federal laws or do you think only law abiding citizens should be held to the law?

The woman is a druggy and a two time felon living on welfare. there is no way she could get her hands on a firearm unless she stole it.

If she didn't steal it herself, it sounds like she could be acting as a go-between for/with the thief who did.

The unfortunate thing here is, if it actually is stolen, not only will whoever it was that stole the firearm getting away with it to likely continue stealing, but also the rightfully legal owner is loosing a chance to get their property back again.

Last edited by joken2; 02/07/17.
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by joken2

If she didn't actually steal it herself, sounds like she could be acting as a go-between for/with the thief who did.

The unfortunate thing here is, not only will whoever it was that stole the firearm getting away with it to likely continue stealing, but also the rightfully legal owner is loosing a chance to get their property back again.

My feelings exactly. I tried my best but it all went down a long way from my home and nothing I can do about it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by joken2

If she didn't actually steal it herself, sounds like she could be acting as a go-between for/with the thief who did.

The unfortunate thing here is, not only will whoever it was that stole the firearm getting away with it to likely continue stealing, but also the rightfully legal owner is loosing a chance to get their property back again.

My feelings exactly. I tried my best but it all went down a long way from my home and nothing I can do about it.

So often we talk on here about how much we despise thieves, and the personal property, especially things that are irreplaceable family heirlooms with great sentimental value some have had stolen, it's just sad to hear of the original owner loosing chance to maybe get their property back.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I think exactly what I said.

You should mind your own business and stay out of other people's lives.

You have nothing to go on but hearsay and speculation, and it doesn't have anything to do with you at all.

There are lots of ways a person can get a gun without stealing it, so you've shown you are clearly not smart enough to be attempting to judge others.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some interesting stuff written in above posts. Had I been asked, probably would have said - "Have nothing to do with this person, don't go near her or her issues, and don't even think about acting or reporting on anything about her that you don't KNOW for certain.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by heavywalker
The problem has been solved. Thanks guys.

How?

I told my friend to call the police. He told his ex what I said and she freaked. I am sure the guns are no longer at her house. Were it me I would have called the police and asked for a plain cloths to go with me to appraise the guns. If they would not go I would have called BATFE.

There are several reasons. First we legal firearm owners face a hard road fighting against both politicians and criminals. I want to see firearm crimes punished.

Second, she is a pure bitch.

My money is on the firearms being stolen and she is trying to set him up.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
...Sorry about the convictions. If they're old, maybe you can geet em expunged, or try for a pardon.

Sorry for the miscommunication... I was the investigating officer, not the defendant(s).

46 co-defendants, 44 convictions (two are still fugitives), $3.4M in cash and 24 kilos of cocaine seized.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
...Sorry about the convictions. If they're old, maybe you can geet em expunged, or try for a pardon.

Sorry for the miscommunication... I was the investigating officer, not the defendant(s).

46 co-defendants, 44 convictions (two are still fugitives), $3.4M in cash and 24 kilos of cocaine seized.

Ed

Woulda been more drama if you hadn't straightened that out, Ed.

Drama is what fuels the 'fire, you know. 😀

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (AceBall, 1OntarioJim, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 7887mm08, 14 invisible), 1,018 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,922
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.