Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A family in Galveston, TX wrote an obituary that was memorable to say the least. The following was posted on the Carnes Funeral Home website.

Leslie Ray Charping

Nov 20, 1942 - Jan 30, 2017

Leslie Ray "Popeye" Charping was born in Galveston on November 20, 1942 and passed away January 30, 2017, which was 29 years longer than expected and much longer than he deserved. Leslie battled with cancer in his latter years and lost his battle, ultimately due to being the horses *** he was known for. He leaves behind 2 relieved children; a son and daughter, along with six grandchildren and countless other victims including an ex wife, relatives, friends, neighbors, doctors, nurses and random strangers.

At a young age, Leslie quickly became a model example of bad parenting combined with mental illness and a complete commitment to drinking, drugs, womanizing and being generally offensive. Leslie enlisted to serve in the Navy, but not so much in a brave & patriotic way but more as part of a plea deal to escape sentencing on criminal charges. While enlisted, Leslie was the Navy boxing champion and went on to sufficiently embarrass his family and country by spending the remainder of his service in the Balboa Mental Health Hospital receiving much needed mental healthcare services.

Leslie was surprisingly intelligent, however he lacked ambition and motivation to do anything more than being reckless, wasteful, squandering the family savings and fantasizing about get rich quick schemes. Leslie's hobbies included being abusive to his family, expediting trips to heaven for the beloved family pets and fishing, which he was less skilled with than the previously mentioned. Leslie's life served no other obvious purpose, he did not contribute to society or serve his community and he possessed no redeeming qualities besides quick whited sarcasm which was amusing during his sober days.

With Leslie's passing he will be missed only for what he never did; being a loving husband, father and good friend. No services will be held, there will be no prayers for eternal peace and no apologizes to the family he tortured. Leslie's remains will be cremated and kept in the barn until "Ray", the family donkey's wood shavings run out. Leslie's passing proves that evil does in fact die and hopefully marks a time of healing and safety for all.

Read more: http://ktrh.iheart.com/onair/michae...bit-for-recently-15554187/#ixzz4YKF9vq83

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
makes me a little home sick,people who tell it like it is

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My brother still has our dad's ashes in his garage somewhere.

Told him a couple of years ago that I'd take them and spread him the way he deserved, and flush him.

Still in his garage...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow that's not a life well lived!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't please everybody....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Reads like the obit writer got left out of the will.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn I'll miss the guy, he was a lot of fun.

Rest in Peace Travis.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fine man and will be remembered. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Damn I'll miss the guy, he was a lot of fun.

Rest in Peace Travis.

grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add
Reads like the obit writer got left out of the will.

Maybe , maybe not. Could be just simple pure honesty.

Someone that I knew died a couple days ago and I was thinking about him today & I really couldn't think of anything good. I'm sure that someone will eulogize about his life & say nice things , others at the funeral service will be wondering who the hell the eulogizer is talking about.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most people that are like that die in debt, and leave nothing to anyone.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Well liked guy

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Any one see the organ donor commercial about the guy that was an [bleep] his whole life?
Its fantastic.

Last edited by jimy; 02/11/17.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is pretty good...but I am not sure if I would like to be that guy's liver reciepant.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I find it in poor taste, but then I was brought up not to speak ill of the dead, and that, if you can't say something good about someone, to keep your mouth shut. Anybody that knew him already knew what he was like, so had no need of this. Those that didn't know him, never will, so why bother? Posting such an obituary just shows the family to be petty & vindictive.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
I find it in poor taste, but then I was brought up not to speak ill of the dead, and that, if you can't say something good about someone, to keep your mouth shut. Anybody that knew him already knew what he was like, so had no need of this. Those that didn't know him, never will, so why bother? Posting such an obituary just shows the family to be petty & vindictive.

Yeah, I doubt there was much to gain from airing the dirty laundry where everyone could see it.

Some people feel the need to do that though.

My DIL found where my son was getting texts from another woman. (Not that he solicited that, but she was sending them anyway...)

She told everybody she fricken knew, and lots of people she didn't know. For weeks...

I mean she sent me a text about it, for chrissakes. I told her that the problem was between her and my son, and that was the way it should be handled, and to not involve me in their squabbles ever again. Ever. blush

She hasn't. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm glad to see the honesty. I've always hated obituaries and funerals in general because they don't always portray the true story of the person's life.

Had one here recently where a young lady died and the obituary raved about what a great person she was, how much her kids, family and career meant to her, etc. The real story was she died on the streets with a needle in her arm and the kids are in state's custody. I think it should be mandatory that if you post an obituary, you list how the person died.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'm glad to see the honesty. I've always hated obituaries and funerals in general because they don't always portray the true story of the person's life.

Had one here recently where a young lady died and the obituary raved about what a great person she was, how much her kids, family and career meant to her, etc. The real story was she died on the streets with a needle in her arm and the kids are in state's custody. I think it should be mandatory that if you post an obituary, you list how the person died.

My brother gave a eulogy at our father's service.

His being a lawyer served him well that day! grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

The deceased may have been proud of that obit.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

I get a kick out of dirtbag obits where the family waxes poetic about being reunited in heaven someday.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (44mc, B52RadarNav, 10Glocks, 35, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 12 invisible), 1,297 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,151
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.